1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Scope reccomendations needed.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by the dog, Apr 18, 2014.

1. the dog

the dog Petrol engines do NOT like diesel

I would appreciate some reccomendations guys on which scope to purchase to meet the following specs.
    4_16 mag or there about and preferably 50mm.
    Side adjust parallex.
    Must have a large FOA.
    With or without IR.
    Preferably below £200

Cheers guys

2. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

3. Pete2013

Pete2013 Busy Member

^^^^^^^^^^ agree with Gantongunner - Mamba, that's what I have and I have had a number of scopes in the past before being please with this one.

4. walker

walker Busy Member

The bushnell legend in the for sales section for 115quid. Absolute bargain

5. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

I have a mamba lite and its a good scope - would maybe tempted to try a mamba next time, but happy with the lite.

cheers
    Tim

6. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

7. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

If your going for mtc, I've found the mamba lights to be the best all round.
    Nikko Stirling nighteaters are another scope in that price.
    Other options are Bushnell legends for a little more, (if your after 50mm for extra light gathering, all you need is a 40 Bushnell or Nikon etc... And it will outlast the 50mm Hawke, mtc, nikko in my opinion)
    You'll also save weight and gain some extra quality.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  8. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Alot of posts recomending mtc but there are lit better scoes out there dont be fooled it to thinging a larger obj s better as walker as stated bushnel legend is a great scope at 40 mm obj wil, beat any of the mtc range on glass quality also wrth looking at is the falcon fixed mag 10-42 menace i was a massive fan of the scb ret but the falcon b20 ret as got to be the best ret ive used to date the number at side of each mill line is great for hunting situations i find trying to count the lines or dots very time consuming and have missec any shots doing this also a nice upcoming ffp scope is barska front focal plane scopes are far supieror to hunters as there no shift in aim points when u alter mag try give barska and falcon menace a look if its gong to be used for hunting if mill dots arnt nessicary a lot of shops have offers on at min for the new bushnel legend hd sf but duplex ret both falcon and bushnel, have great lifetime warrenty too known falcon to replace second and scopes too that takes some beating

(Note from Tadpole) Can you please make an attempt to punctuate your post very difficult to read?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  9. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

10. mattyts

mattyts Donator

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have yet to try a Mamba but MTC quality is great,I love my 32x Viper.

12. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

+1 for Nighteater. I've got a 3.5-10x42 and a 4-16x44. The latter is brilliant - but long!

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Id hardly say mtc quality is great yes there reticle (scb)or amd is great but to claim quality s great is very missleading there made in hong kong ect so very cheap glass no ther scope i no of as had as many complains of whiteing out as the mtc range either yes there customer service is great esp sammy but for there price range new are a lot better quality scoes out there by far . Its the scb reticle to which most are atracted to the mtc range but as far as glass quality is concerned id say there far from great theres a few good posts on b bs going in to such quality issues where gary c himself admits to a lot of the quality issues and is trying to rectify them but this dosnt help lads what have already bought them as i say for the cash price bushnell egend either older model or the legend hd would wipe the floor with any the mtc range cant link tne b bs to this site but search out mtc scope on tnere in paticular the newer models the connect you will be suprise to how many compains they are with even garry comenting on ths and agreeing there customer servce s great tho

14. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The night eaters id say are on par with mtc and there lrx ret is very simular to the scb ret but as u say a lot lighter and cost a lot less too

15. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I agree, glass is from Korea though I pretty sure

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

You could be right way i seeit is every top brand of scope is copyied by china / hk ect ask your self why mtc arnt copied by these company my theory is that its these companys making them in the first place just my theory tho not fact based atvb dave g

17. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

We all like different scopes, rets etc etc, I've spent a ton of money on scopes and I know MTC are not top of the tree for there glass but I've settled on them and quite like them. Customer service is outstanding and I find there scopes are great (I've got 4 of there brand mounted on various rifles).

Dave has a Falcon fixed mag, I've used it on his rifle and I quite like it. Glass is really good and the numbers at the side help a lot and for the money are well worth a look at.

I also have a bushnell legend, the older type but again great glass but only down side for me is the mil dots are a bit too big and too far apart but that maybe just me. I would love to try a Nikon pro staff at some point because heard great things about them and again can be picked up for not too much money.

18. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

True simon but think once i get my new bullpup think ile be trying the barska range looked through one other day same size as a wtc 1-5-20 but quality was unreal 30 mmtube though as u say we all have diff tastes. And the mtc scb ret takes some beating esp on the 10-44 which i find best of all the mtc range and one the cheapest falcons are a great scope but any other than fixed mag are very heavy which lets em down but again the legend hd is in a class way above the scopes. Metioned esp at dusk just a shame there not on sale with mill dotts like the duplex ret ones

19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

It annoys me they don't make more Nikon and bushnells with mildots, it can't be that much more expense to manufacture

20. walker

walker Busy Member

Ive always thought this. Lots of quality scopes with standard plex reticles.