1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

scope or iron sights

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by David, Jun 17, 2007.

1. David

David Engaging Member

Hi everyone im David and this is my first thread that im doing, please forgive me if i seem to be a bit slow in answering or asking questions this is all new to me. being an avid air rifle shooter does anyone have a preference for target shooting with a scope or iron sights. I find that I can spend hours zeroing my sights in and yet iron sights offer a more challenging shoot,

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

David,

For target shooting you'll probably be better off with a scope - get one all set up and you won't have to tweak it again for a while.

If you're shooting bottles, cans, and anything else - like what I like to do, and I call it "informal target" - then open sights can often be more fun.

Personally I prefer open sights to using a scope, but you'll need a scope for anything greater than about 15 - 20 yards.

Good shooting,

James.

3. David

David Engaging Member

Thankyou. I too like to shoot with opensights I think I will set up a rifle with sights and another with open sights only and then compare