1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Scope For S200 Mk1

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Springgoth, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Springgoth

Springgoth Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm in need of a nice scope, with good, glass for my S200. I want it to fit the gun well, so no 50 objective or something. I do have a budget, second hand in good condition probably best because I want the most for my money. I guess my budget is around £150, which isn't a lot I know. I had my eye on one but seller no longer wished to sell. I can't recall the model but it would have been a great buy for the gun.

MADEinSTOKE likes this.
  2. Paul_T

Paul_T Busy Member

I've had alot of scopes on my s200 over the years. I comes down to how much magnification you want. At the moment I've got a Viper connect 3-12x32 but they are a bit of a marmite scope. For a while I had a Hawke vantage 6-24x50 for benchrest but it was massive and rubbish to shoot off hand.

If you are buying new, a Hawke airmax 2-7x32 should be in budget. They are pretty decent for the money and size. Other than that see what's about second hand. But always look through them if you can.

Jack's Da and Rat reaper like this.
  3. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker Black Latex Matters...

What are you using the rifle for?

4. squib

squib Keyboard Hero

I have one of the discovery vt3 4-16x44 ffp on mine, and for me it’s just right for the s200

C5778BE6-E335-476B-BA09-17F0BCBC298A.jpeg

The Robin and Springgoth like this.
  5. Springgoth

Him, sorry for such a late reply people. I've just today made a swap with someone. I'm sending him some sticks, a G17 (high quality 250 euro one, though I bought second hand for £100 a while back) airsoft pistol and £20 his way. I'm receiving a Falcon Menace 4-14-44. What do you think of the scope? It's supposedly in top condition.

6. Springgoth

Really just want it for target shooting at the range and in the garden. Possibly hunting when I get around to finding a permission.

7. Springgoth

Would love to hear your opinions on the scope. He's also throwing in an anodised bolt, as mine has the plastic one on. I'm wondering whether to get a quick fill adaptor for my S200..

8. Springgoth

Mate is it easy to install the quick fill? How much would one cost me? Would be nice to not have to take the cylinder out every time..

9. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Falcon scopes are very nice for the money, and what you have should be ideal for what your talking about, although it does seem like a lot of stuff your exchanging for one, but as long as your happy with the deal then go for it.

10. RapidStype

RapidStype Posting Addict

Good scopes..bombproof.
    I have been using Falcons for over 10yrs all weathers since being introduced to them.
    I have x5 of them in various formats inc the FFP and T50 models.
    The buisness...and more than an airgun needs really.

11. Nobby

Nobby Keyboard Hero

Chunky, solidly built. In my view above the average quality for the money.

12. Springgoth

So glad to hear it. Actually I didn't end up doing the swap, I tested my pistol (hadn't shot it in ages) just before packing it and parts came off of it. Obviously not wanting to rip the guy off, I explained the problem. In the end I sent him the sticks (£20 ones that I won) and paid him £150. Including postage (******* rip off, and in hindsight a waste of time) I paid £163 for the scope. Apparently it's in top condition, he said he'll post first thing Friday morning, next day delivery, so I look forward to receiving it. And yes, they may be a bit much for an air rifle, but still, it'll be the best scope I've so far owned and I can use it for any gun I get if I want too. I think it'll be bad ass on the S200 though, Fingers crossed it's all good and well.

13. RapidStype

RapidStype Posting Addict

Fwiw my S200T. 177 has a Falcon Menace 4.5-18 x56 on it...i like big scopes and they work well on the lamp or with the Pard 007 in the field and on the range benchrested.

14. Pete2

Pete2 Normal fella - allegedly

I have a Burris Timberline on mine. Works fine

15. Springgoth

Here she is, set up with the Falcon. Also have black anodised bolt to put on her.

I just need lower mounts though for shorter range stuff.

Attached Files:

16. Springgoth

Hi, I'm having problems with the mounts. There isn't enough adjustment. That is, with the turret turned to its highest point, the pellet lands low.
    I'd prefer not to shim. The tube is 30mm and the objective is 44, but also has flip up lens covers on it. The mounts supplied are high I believe. I had a look at medium mounts, but doing rough measurements I think it'll be very close. I'm unsure whether to buy some cheap ones and just see if they fit. I don't want the lends covers to be hindered.
    I know the Falcon scope is more for powder burners and high power airguns. Other mounts I have spare are all one once so I can't test them.

Any advice would be really appreciated here...

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

17. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

Have you optically centred the scope?

good place to start is to turn one of the turrets fully clockwise to the stop then count all the clicks back anti-clockwise then half that amount back clockwise(do same on second turret)..

(you can Then do the mirror trick or spinning trick to get it spot on but just going the clicks route will get you close.)

Try re zeroing if no joy then buy some sportsmatch ATP61 mounts you can then pretty much zero just buy adjusting the mounts..:thumb:

18. Springgoth

Hi, thanks for the reply, actually I optically centred it today, but haven't tried it yet. If it doesn't work I'll get some mounts. I was looking at those mounts and the Hawke ones, but they're as high as or higher than what's already on there. I'm not sure the MOA adjustment will be enough as I want to be able to zero at least at around 15 yards so I can shoot in my garden too. :)

19. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

You can buy spacers or make them for cheek piece and just buy longer bolts too. (what I done) 8C92BA63-69B8-4DE7-B4A1-27F3048BC609.jpeg EE805142-AE1D-40A3-BB1C-41744CE1309D.jpeg

20. Springgoth

Hi, the stock is adjustable enough, I can't see the stock adjustment correcting the zero. It shoots around 3 inch short of POA at 15 yards, with the scope fully adjusted. I appreciate the advice though. I optically centred the scope, then tried to zero it but it made no difference. Then I tried the one piece mounts off my HW80 which are slightly lower, but it still didn't make much difference. I haven't been taking measurements, so it's hard to be precise, plus I don't have much time before work. The rifle is only shooting at just over 9FPE. The tool to remove the rear stock came today, the plan is to adjust the power through hammer spring and TP to get it to around 11FPE, then before buying new mounts, I'm going to try shimming the rear mount with a few strips of tin foil and go from there. :) Fingers crossed because I love the rifle and scope and want them both working in harmony. Once I've sorted that, I can think of other things like the trigger and possibly a magazine. Oh and to replace the plastic bolt with a black anodised bolt I have.