1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Scope for FT/HFT AA FTP 900

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Count Jedi, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

Hi

Some questions...which I'm sure have been asked in the past but I'm getting some what confused which direction to go...

Just wondering if I could have just the one scope to cover both FT & HFT or would it be advisable to have 2?

What would be a decent scope for the gun up to max of £500 or £250ish if two are required. inc scope sizes and makes so I can try them out before I buy.

Note I'm a newbie and at the moment not very technical, but picking it up.

Cheers

2. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

Difficult one this. I do not think any scope is available that would do the FTP900 service for both HFT and FT. Both are very different. For HFT I would go for Hawk TAC 30 or Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 or an MTC Connect 3-12x32. For FT, it would have to be a big mag Nikko FT scope in my opinion. I love to see these big expensive rigs on the HFT scene though. It's ace when you beat them with a humble s400. ;) ;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  3. imorik

imorik Busy Member

Only one scope I know of that will do both, and that is the Bushnell 8-32x40 elite mildot ret version .............if you can find one ;).
    Other than that it's a bloody mine field with rarely one scope being more suitable than another due to personal taste, variations in eye sight etc. Best to look through as many as you can and see which suits you best.

4. Count Jedi

Count Jedi Donator

Trust me anyone could beat me with a pea shooter at the moment, but like they say practice etc, thanks for the advice.

5. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

You could try the 8.5-25x44 Hawke sidewinder Tac 30. Low profile enough for HFT reasonable enough mag for FT.

6. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    matty has an mtc 8-32x60 viper on his mpr and its awesome - range finding great and accurate, and the clarity is unbelievable.
    but for a little bit more moolaah, i would suggest the falcon optics t50, a scope designed for both ft and hft http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_review/falcon_t50
    the falcon optics is the choice of a few of the top shooters on the circuit, so its a proven scope.

7. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Your probly best to decide which discipline you want to do and buy a scope for that.
    Also for FT you will want to adjust the stock for fitment in the sitting posistion and HFT more for prone shooting scope hieght is usualy different aswell.
    I use to guns for each

HFT S410 with rowen single shot adapter with a 3-9x40 panorama using low mounts.
    FT AR20 with a 10-50x60 scope.

8. DS4

DS4 Well-Known Member

IMO one scope is not ideal for both HFT and FT. Some people swear that x32 mag is enough for accurate range finding, in my experience it is not but of course everyone's eyes are different, it might work for some.

The Falcon T50 has already been mentioned and for under £400 brand new, it is good value and a pretty good scope. Flacon also do a fixed mag x35 scope which is cheaper and supposedly quite good but I haven't tried one so can't comment.

I suggest that you could keep within budget if you went second hand. A 10-50 x 60 big Nikko should be around £300-£350 or of course the Falcon if you can find one. The remaining money could buy an MTC 10x44 Viper which is a popular HFT scope or any one of a number of popular HFT scopes either new or second hand.

The FTP900 can be adjusted for both disciplines but in my view, you would have to be prepared to swap scopes.

Most people have two or more rifles individually tailored to cover the disciplines. The FTP900 is a great rifle for both but is probably designed more for FT. HFT doesn't demand a dedicated target rifle so a second rifle for HFT would be a cheaper proposition.

No man should have to live with only one gun.

ATB Mark

9. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Alot of effort can go into setting a FT scope up once done i wouldnt dream of keep swapping it around with a HFT scope.

You could get a budget scope that you could sell close to what you bought it for, and start trying other shooters scopes when your at your club.
    though im happy using a cheap £30 fixed 4x32 hawke when shooting the HFT/SARC course.

10. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

You need to find a Burris 8-32x44RA either with a ballistic mildot reticle or be prepared to send it off for one. These are secondhand only now. Of all the scopes that's been through my mitts it's the only one that I can say is not a compromise for either discipline. The Bushnell comes close but is a compromise at FT. At 8x the lines come in perfectly at HFT distances on a "normally mounted" set-up using JSB.