1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Schofield

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Dennyboy, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

Today I bought the Schofield, but how do I remove the white lettering without doing any damage to the surface?

2. peasemold

peasemold Engaging Member

I'll be watching this thread with interest - I'd like to lose that lettering, too.

Dennyboy likes this.
  3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Western Firearms collector

Whilst you are discussing the Schofield, can you tell me if it comes with a rifled barrel please?

4. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Both the pellet and bb version are smoothbore for some strange reason.

Rob-ontarget likes this.
  5. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Based

I've never done it myself but I'm sure I've read on here in the past that a gun blue pen can do a fairly good job of disguising white lettering.

Edit: I fancy doing this to my HW45, so did a google search & came up with this video

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    ibo7 and Dennyboy like this.
  6. Wild Bill

7. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

8. Wild Bill

Much obliged, either way I reckon on getting me one.

9. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

Mine is rifled.

10. Wild Bill

Is that so? Is yours the aged look version with Brown grips?

11. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

It is. Well the shop I bought it from says so but I haven't used it yet or had a peep down the barrel to find out.

12. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

I would check, think it may be smoothbore.

13. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

I will. edit, I just emailed the shop.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  14. Wild Bill

So is it smoothbore or rifled? Pellpax say it's rifled, other places don't mention it. I want to buy one, the aged one with wood style grips.

15. Dennyboy

Dennyboy Engaging Member

It's smoothbore, and the shop owner says I can exchange if I want, but it's such a nice looking gun I'll just keep it

16. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Not a meant to be a dampener, but like I have said before, removing the lettering could make it look like a replica, and make it illegal, reason for saying this, I did a search a couple of years ago on owning a replica American Garand rifle, and ended up on a police forum, (cant find it now), and one of them was saying about people buying realistic looking bb guns with lettering on them, and then taken the lettering off, which he said would make the gun illegal to own.

17. Wild Bill

I don't think so. The Schofield is pre-1870 RIF/airgun and therefore exempt from the VCR RIF regulations I think. But I could be wrong, I usually am. :)
    But what about all the co2 modern pistols with no lettering on them or tactical in looks or all black, surely going by your statement, these would be illegal already?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    oedbachgen likes this.
  18. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

This is not correct.

DJP, ibo7, Wild Bill and 1 other person like this.
  19. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Question, were did you get this (quote This is not correct) from Douglas,because at this moment it would take a lawyer to work out what is legal or not in this country.

20. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I'm with you Andy, when I posted saying this, I knew they were selling battle? worn bb/pellet replicas, but that's because the RFD are selling them like that, what I'm saying, if you tamper with one ie making it look battle? worn by taken the lettering away, then you are making it illegal to own, but after saying this, you could get away with it until the police raid your house for any reason. which as happened to others then you have to prove in court that you bought them from a RFD like this. I have three bb replica pistols and would not take the lettering off.