1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Scammed By Rincewind666

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ricoshay, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricoshay

ricoshay Well-Known Member

beware at all cost/

after putting a wanted add on here for a mk1 meteor barrel and trigger unit, i recieved a message from the guy above saying ive got just what your looking for, after parting with £pound (that i couldnt afford ) but wanted to build a mk1 meteor for my grandson, so he could have one like me, any way the items arrived this morning, my heart sunk when i opened the package, looks like hes reached in a scrap bin and pulled these out, pics to follow

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      428.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      442.8 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      434.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      423.5 KB
      Views:
  2. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

...ive seen better,but also seen a lot worse
    either way the bits look usable with some work,after all its got to be around 60 years old?

ped and Tadpole like this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I guess the question is....

How were they described to you before you bought them?

Only fair to get both sides..

@Rincewind666

4. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Did you not ask for pictures beforehand ?

Tadpole likes this.
  5. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

There is always another side, so I'd like to here it and also how much you paid, if he charged you a small fortune I could understand your frustration, but if you basically paid for old parts then that is exactly what you got - don't give us an edited version, I've been on the receiving end of this kind of claim when the facts are way different from the allegation :rolleyes:

So how much did you pay and how was it described? ;)

James

brent, Jukebox, Tadpole and 8 others like this.
  6. squib

squib Busy Member

I gather the seller has had some health issues, so maybe give him time to reply before tearing a strip off him.
    Have you contacted him privately?

7. ricoshay

ricoshay Well-Known Member

ive tried to call and text, no reply, like i said i asked for a mk1 meteor barrel and trigger unit, this is his reply
    1. "Hi mate I have the barrel you need in .177 any good? Trigger unit I may have parts for it you can have too
      Atb jay"
    1. now i can see by the pictures these are NOT mk1 meteor bits, ho and the barrel is .22
    2. i paid £40 he wanted 50

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  8. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Big Poster

Dont normaly do this but...

A while back i agreed on a swap deal with him. Nothing happened for weeks and weeks then a trigger arrived at my house.

It was infact damaged with no way to have a first stage and had a note in from another customer saying he was not happy and wanted a replacement or his money back. Rincewind had given him my return address rather than his own. :rolleyes:

That night i recieved a snotty pm saying i had conned him and he had followed through with swap deal and i had not, he was going to out me on the forum as a conman, to which i replied pretty bluntly.

He then agreed to send a new item, a tested one out his HW95 and said the guy returning the other trigger was a conman who must have swapped his dodgey trigger. :eek:

The next morning i return posted his damaged item along with my items he items he wanted in swap deal. I sent him a pm saying this and he changed his tune to i was not getting a trigger and he would return post my sent items.

This never happened, and its been weeks and weeks, he took my stuff, avoided my several pms asking where they were, and he has posted on forum since.

In the last thread asking him to contact them i put 'x2' to try and get him to contact me too without causing a fuss. He replied with pm me, which i did, yet avoided again.

He does a good job playing an Angel in the public eye and not a true reflection of how things are. Not someone i would deal with again in any such mannor.

Brimfire and eddytom2 like this.
  9. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Why am I not surprised?

Matool, pbrown, littleJon365 and 3 others like this.
  10. Damon

Damon Posting Addict

I’ve been a member on this forum a long time and @Rincewind666 is the only person I have ever felt the need to block.
    I was selling a lot of gear on here a couple of months ago and I had a PM from him saying how overpriced everything was and that everybody was saying via PM that all the items were overpriced even though 80% of it sold.
    He is not a very nice character and someone that wouldn’t be missed from this forum.

Rikki1984, Sanguinius, shauny and 7 others like this.
  11. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

I have been suspicious of him for a long time. Remember the posts by Paul Chell. But long before that. Not sure but very suspicious. Remember "if it seems to good to be true it probably is".

rellum, shauny, pbrown and 5 others like this.
  12. Bart89

Bart89 Well-Known Member

Fully agree with you @telephonepete . I had exactly same thoughts on that guy.

Brimfire, Brock1Rgj and eddytom2 like this.
  13. Damon

Damon Posting Addict

I do remember that thread and what annoys me is I actually defended the lad in that thread.
    I’m normally a very good judge of character and he pulled the wool over my eyes.

14. Enterpr123

Enterpr123 Engaging Member

Not had any contact but just looked at his profile and its got a hundred percent trade rating, how is that calculated?

15. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Engaging Member

I just did the same , I guess no one has ever left him negative feedback ?

monsta41 likes this.
  16. shergar

shergar Busy Member

I buy from members on this forum,confident in the belief that shysters will quickly be called to account.In general the experience has been good with some members exceeding expectations, other transactions although of small value are best described as ambiguous,such as the item not being the one shown prominent in the photo but a lesser item displayed in background. In such situations, not wanting to give negative feedback for a misunderstanding I give no feedback. This may explain a 100% trade rating not fully deserved.

17. Ray1974

Ray1974 Engaging Member

People who had good deals said so, people who had bad deals didnt....

shergar likes this.
  18. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

because the bits he sold were small relatively cheap items..... a well known ploy to get a rating up before starting to scam people... you only need to sell 1 item to get 100 % feedback

katluke, pbrown, littleJon365 and 2 others like this.
  19. v1ktor

v1ktor Engaging Member

There appears to be a history for this user.

Why is he not banned?

rellum, Matool, pbrown and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Engaging Member

Just as an outsider to this with no direct contact ,
    He’s been A member for over 4 years ,nearly 1500 posts , and 29 positive feedback , he’s playing the long game then ?

monsta41 and Ray1974 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.