1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Scam Popups (fake Anti-virus Alerts Etc)

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Autodidact, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Autodidact

Autodidact Thought Criminal

Don't fall for the scammers' nonsense ;)

HTH :thumb:

DRAGONBAIT666, Ste.v.a and Qujaho like this.
  2. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a Engaging Member

I received a text yesterday claiming I've got a parcel that needs delivering and saying please click on the link to confirm your address and details. I've got ANTI SCAM protection on my phone as soon as I turned my data on it came up with warning don't click on the link this is usually a message to obtain your personal details. Looked up the number and it was from the U.A.E. They are a absolute disgrace out of say 100 messages like this I'll dare say a couple have opened the link not knowing especially now people have had to turn to online shopping due to the lockdown etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2021
    Autodidact likes this.
  3. td_boy

td_boy Donator

I got an innocuous looking email obviously addressed to someone else describing house improvement work and with quotes attached.
    I just binned it without opening it - but I wonder how many people open the attachments just being nosey...a lot I reckon.
    Good way of getting people to open malicious attachments without asking them to do so.

Autodidact and Ste.v.a like this.
  4. Autodidact

You did exactly the right thing in not responding :thumb: ...

Thing is if they actually had a parcel to deliver they'd have the address already (it'd be written on the parcel) a little thought before responding to texts and emails is essential with the predatory nature of scammers ;)

Ste.v.a likes this.
  5. Autodidact

Again you did the right thing there fella :thumb:

I always open (probably malicious) attachments, BUT I do it inside a completely sandboxed environment (on a virtual PC with no access to the rest of the system) just to see what's out there and what I need to protect my system from ;)

6. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a Engaging Member

Yeah mate you need to be very wary these days with parasites like this out there I've had the same with phone calls again my phone tells me it's a SCAM. With the calls I like to go along with them to let them think their going to get something from me and then the usual please could you let me know your name and address and account number my reply is 99999999999999999 and the address of our local police station it is funny their reaction especially when they start effing and blinding at me I can give as good as I get

Autodidact likes this.
  7. Edge

Edge Engaging Member

Absolute parasitic scum ! I've been getting them for several weeks and nobody seems to explain why --- after using the iPad exactly the same way as I've always done. I was naively hoping they would give up because NOTHING would ever get me to click on them but I suppose once they are on here they are permanent ?

8. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i get asked to confirm my name i tell them its Ben Chod they dont like that and hang up after a few randomly strung together swear words from them

DRAGONBAIT666 and Ste.v.a like this.
  9. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a Engaging Member

Just thought I'd put up some of these I received. My trading account is healthy also my Bitcoin another healthy account none of which I have. Parasitic t....[​IMG][​IMG]

10. ReSyC

ReSyC Posting Addict

Hybrid Analysis (https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/) is a pretty useful web-based sandbox for detonating malware or suspicious URL's to get an idea of what they were trying to accomplish.

Paste in the link or file, pick your OS flavour, tick the agreement and go. Takes a few minutes but it spins up a virtual machine, opens the link and gives you a pretty detailed free report of what processes were spawned, file hashes, screenshots of any web content or sites that resolved etc.

If you are going to use it though instead of just deleting the mail, be careful when copying/pasting links and clear your clipboard afterwards :thumb:

Ste.v.a and Autodidact like this.
  11. Autodidact

Just clear your cache IIRC ;)

HTH :thumb:

12. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

This is what my dad fell for. Luckily he called me before handing over any money. Told him to unplug computer immediately.

They left a load of malware on it which luckily my brother was able to remove.

Autodidact likes this.