1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Sat here waiting

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Andy-K2, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Well, I thought I'd post something whilst I'm sat here waiting. My wife is right now in hospital waiting to have an operation. I dropped her off this morning at 7am as she was fine and full of high sprits. I came home and tidied the garden etc trying to fill the time until I can get her back. I just texted her and she said she would be about an hour before she goes to surgery but be brave at the dentist [​IMG] she's right though, I'm frightened to death with my pending visit and only for a couple of fillings [​IMG] . Hoping to spoil her when she gets home later, they said if alls well and because I took time off work she may not have to stay overnight, hopefully that's true....

I bought her an out of hospital gift, a little hand bell she can ring for service [​IMG] . help me I might live to regret it [​IMG] Saying that, I will need it when I have my operation on my vertebrae later next month [​IMG] .

Anyway, thanks for listening, I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. [​IMG]

2. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

I hope all goes well buddy. I'm Simular today myself my 73 year old dad has to go in this morning to have a tumour removed and some kind of chemo flush in his bladder.
    Doesn't look good but until the biopsy results are back after in few weeks we won't know.

no stranger to back opps either. We do stress n feel anxiouse about these things but when you think a little it just makes you appreciate the person more .

thoughts your way ,best wishes to your mrs

3. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Hi Gixxer... Thanks fella and best wishes to your father too... Hopefully all will be good for him, I will for one keep my fingers crossed for him. Warmest regards Andy.

I take it your a gixxer boy then? I recently sold my GSXR1000-K2, because of my neck/back etc I struggled to ride her, so I had to let her go. I did find out that the new owner had a big crash and wrote her off.... Sad day. She I don't have to regret selling her now, as shes not available to buy back.:(:up:

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Best wishes lads,

hope everything is ok:)

5. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

i for one hope all goes well for all concerned,its the waiting that does yer nut in, atb to both gixxer,s dad, and andys mrs, and andy for his visit to the paid sadists,(dentist)

6. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

See, I knew there was a description for the Dentist that did not include a swear word, it was just I wasn't descriptive enough to work it out. well done fella.:up:

7. warrenater

warrenater Donator

i hope all goes well for all concerned loved ones can be such a worry. atb gary

8. martin22

martin22 Donator

fingers crossed for you all,hospitals ect scare the hell out of me but i went in for an hernia opp a couple of year ago,i was absolutly petrified but after the opp i came to realise they really know there stuff and with the technology they got these days its amazing what they can do
    i know its concerning worrying about loved ones and time goes so slow when your waiting but im sure everything will be fine :up:

9. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    hope all went well.I now seem to spend more time in hospitals as a day patient and out patients,so they bought me a bell to ring for a drink NO ONE ANSWERS IT,:eek: I feel like Quasimodo the bells the bells !:eek:

10. Barni

Barni Donator

Hope all goes well for everyone . I also know how hospitals can seem terrifying. I'm due a double knee op soon ..... Saying that I've been waiting a year :)

Anyway all the best

11. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Thanks andy, appreciated yes a biker indeed . I've sold most my bikes I had now rgv 250 rvf 400 ,rs 250 ,But my last bike remains covered up in the garage. Like you I've had to give it up through back spine injury after a big off years ago that caught up with me 5 years ago.
    My beloved gsxr 750 y.
    It sits immaculate with just I think 6 k on the clocks .
    i may sell it one day if I don't sit it in the living room or mount it .
    Ive literaly just been told he's now in theatre having his opp hence I'm flicking the net to take my mind of the subject but it ain't working.
    Hope alls well buddy ,thoughts your way

12. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Well, an update is she was discharged last night at 8pm, very tired and hungry but she looks to have had a good night as she's still asleep as I type... Thanks for all your best wishes, and for keeping my company..

Gixxer... How's Dad fella..?

13. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Yesterday he was great as the meds were high ,today he's not good,lots of pain ,cathetar in n out few times. Then they left it out he filled up n couldn't pass urine ,he begged for a help they just ignored him so time on he went looking for the doctor who. Sorted it ,when they re fitted he filled a bag immediately and second had to be fitted.
    Pretty disgusted with the level of care .hardly a nurse just hca staff.
    my bro works for McMillan on project development ,sister was c q c on res care , I managed extra care units and I've seen it all but city hospital brum is poor .
    Considering he had a big chunk of inner wall of bladder removed then lazer surgery on walls to allow his bladder to fill so full it could have tore .
    gutted n angry with the way the NHS is being run

I'm very glad your mrs is home,she can rest easy now n recover in comfort of her own home.
    Top job my friend,all the best and thank you for your thought .atvb

14. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

best wishes to both:)

15. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

@ Andy glad your mrs is home ok, its the waiting innit,...time for you to be on your toes now lol,...
    @gixxer my thoughts go out to you and yours mate, major city hospitals are understaffed, in the right areas,...i had it with my mum n dad too, doesnt help you at the moment i know mate, but been in your shoes, and it sucks
    Atb
    Andy/oldbugger

16. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Thank you .appreciated

17. zippy1

zippy1 Donator

I found the waiting during surgery was the worst, My girlfiend was due in for surgery (Removal of a lung and part of her heart, along with a substantial bit of muscle from her back. - Due to cancer) at 07:30 am - Noone at the hospital would say anything until 20:10pm that night. On top of that I wasn't allowed a day off work... longest shift I ever had. :(

18. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Gixxer, I am sat here is shock in the way your father was treated, I am so sorry.

Zippy, I bet it was mate, I hope she is on the mend, Cancer is a terrible illness as you well know. Love and best wishes to all concerned.

19. tisme

tisme Donator

Andy, Gixxer I wish your wife and farther all the best and hope they recover quickly. I also like to say well done to you both for looking after others in their time of need.

20. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Its at times like this, that a cheery word from fellow members can lift one's spirits in a massive way. Last year I was off tech with heart problems. I had so many good wishes from people on here. Makes you feel really thought after. Take care, and before you know it, things will be back to normal. That bell may not have been the smartest idea son. :director: KB1