1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

sandwell field sports

Discussion in 'Links' started by rifle itass, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rifle itass

rifle itass Well-Known Member

wot can i say this is a great shop based in the midlands as it caters for most shooting situations and also a bit of fly fishing

the staff are very helpfull and allways looking out for your best interests rather than looking to take you for a ride

just had my gun tuned there and it was more than satisfactory at a very cheap price and i also found this shop is by far the cheapest i have been to

all in all my fave shop in the midlands and i dont think i will ever need to venture anywhere else

they do have a website but they dont document everything they sell wich is a shame but its alot better to go down there and have a look for yourself

www.sandwellfieldsports.co.uk

:D:up:

2. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Sorry mate cant agree with you there, your ok there if you don't disagree ...don't get me wrong Tony knows is stuff, its one of his staff, I don't know his name little stocky guy with a beard, ...tell you what happened, I phoned Tony told him a mate of mine, wanted a HW100 (personally I don't like, them) I tells Tony He want A descent scope, moderator, shoulder strap, 7 ltr tank over £1200 at the time, put the order in, when shall I pick it up, he tells me, then ads he will be on holiday at that time, but a member of staff "has my order" I turn up at the shop with me mate cash in hand, check the gun over sorted no problem, then this guy gives my mate, a 3 ltr tank, I said I didn't order that, I ordered a 7 ltr tank, staff guys says no, I said yes ..staff guys says 3 ltr tank is as good as 7ltr tank, I said no, then he says we don't have a 7 ltr tank, I said I'm looking at one behind the counter, ow that's on order ...so is mine, anyway he gives up the tank in the end, staff guy takes my mate into the back to scope in his gun, me mate came back out, with a face a mile long, pays for the gun off we go ... half way home me mate says, your banned "what" your banned from Sandwell Field sports, me mate said, when I was out the back ...staff guy says you are welcome back here anytime, but not him :eek: I don't want to see him here again.
    And I have never set foot in there since, I would speak to Tony if ever see, him again, or the old guy that sells the fishing tackle ...Rant over:D

3. buster321c

buster321c Guest

Been down to the club in Penkridge a few times , great guys , and Tony is sound . Never had a problem with em but i did have a `thing ` with that guy once , no crossed words or owt like that , just thought he was lookin down on me a bit . Ide never been in the shop before that , and as soon as Tony appeared , and i got a cuppa , he changed his attitude . Probably nothing , but just sticks in my mind . But yes , crackin shop , great people

4. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Yes, as I said, sound as a pound, cuppa char have a good crack with lads ...take some give some, fair play, I took a newbie to his shop didn't have a clue what he wanted, he spent over a grand and "I had a disagreement, fair enough" ..the friend that I took is a very busy, bloke ..i.e. time's money, and that time and money shouldn't be wasted, filling a 3 ltr bottle, "that I didn't order from Tony himself in the first place" Then this staff member, doesn't have the balls to tell me to my face, well he lost the first confrontation didn't he, what you expect :shrug:.

5. bangers

bangers Busy Member

My local Bromsgrove shooting supplies, when you go in it seems to be a problem with the staff serving you like its not there job to. All they seem to want to do is sell you a package £400+ if it’s under this they are not really interested in you?? It feels like you should not be in there unless your there to spend hundreds there customer attitude is not good and puts you off going there even to buy a single tin of pellets.

6. robbo

robbo Posting Addict

sandwell are ok if they are selling you a gun but if you go in with a px or to sell a gun tony gives a low price or fobs you off with some cock & bull story . each time i go in the shop the same chaps are in there drinking tea & going on about shooting & pest control i dont know when they get time to go as they are all ways in the shop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. robbo

robbo Posting Addict

forgot to say dont ask for a daystate as they slag them off or is it that they dont sell them ??????????

8. Crab Doctor

Crab Doctor Keyboard Hero

I know a shop like that, that don't sell Daystate and slag them off I mean, probably because they cannot afford them as they are soon to be out of business from what I have seen. And I know because I was a retail manager for ten years so I can spot when a shop is gasping for life!

Dowlings THE SHOP

Ignore the picture, that was taken before the new people took it over and I think they now call themselves 'South Bucks Field Sports'.

Its mainly Paul that's the problem. He has a terrible case of bullsh*tters syndrome. He tells some corkers I can tell ya! And it is this mainly that has destroyed their reputation. I have even heard that people have left guns there for them to sell and they have sold them and kept the money! If these things were sorted out in the end I do not know and I don't know if its true but I wouldn't be surprised! I tried to tell Paul once before that I can spot a bullsh*tter a mile off but it don't put him off! I think I might be banned from there now because I had enough of it the last time I visited and started to laugh at him!

The guy that owns it (I think) is a great technician though but I wouldn't leave a gun with him for fear of not getting it back as they will be out of business any time now due to the demolition this Paul guy has done to what, by all accounts was an excellent shop.

I believe the old guy that used to own it is now trading again from a farm in Iver and he was excellent. When I find out where, I will be going there for all my guns. I am lucky where I am as there are many shops to choose from and that creates a healthy and competitive market for the buyers.

9. fenmen

fenmen Engaging Member

took my fenman there.had trigger problem. he said he dosent like theobens so wont fix it. what a pr..k

10. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Just came back from SFS. Bought a cheapo NikkoStirling MountMaster scope and 3000 RWS Supadomes..:)

Great service and will be dropping in again soon as It's not too far.

11. Uksi

Uksi Active Member

I know this is a bit of an old thread but though I would chip in with my experiences of the above mentioned shops as I used to live up that way. I purchased my BSA ultra from SFS and found them nothing but really really helpful. I got to test out the gun on their range before buying it and they were great when I took it back with some issues I was having with it. I can't say I ever saw the 'unhelpful' guy mentioned above so can't comment on him. Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove was my local shop and can definitely see what the poster above was saying about a bit of a lack of interest. I had this attitude from one or two of the sales staff but a lot of the time it was the boss who I dealt with and he was really enthusiastic, even when I was just buying a barrel cleaning kit. Overall, I would definitely recommend both shops if you're in the area, but as with anywhere I guess, it's always the attitudes of the minority of staff that can put off customers from coming back.

Si

12. Stoater

Stoater Active Member

Having recently got back into air rifles, I just felt I should say I have always felt a valued and welcome customer at Sandwell Field Sports, whether I'm after a new gun or a tin of pellets. Really good service. Thanks!

13. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

I really fancy buying a HW50s (From Germany or Holland) and seeing if sandwell will do their magic on it and give it the full imp treatment. Does anyone know if they will do this or do you have to buy the rifle from them?

Ouch!

14. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I tried a hw98 at the range last week supposedly had a sfp stage two tune to say I was underwhelmed is an understatement if that's typical of their work then they are nothing short of thieves.

15. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Based

Last time I spoke to Tony at SFS, he told me there is no such thing as a stage 2 tune. Unless you've dealt with them personally & had problems, how can you justify calling them thieves ? Can you say for sure if this was one of their guns ? And if it was, how do you know that it didn't need a service, new seals etc etc ?

I've got an SFS tuned HW97 & it's excellent. I didn't have the original tune done myself but they've worked on the gun for me, I've dealt with them several times & I thought their service, prices & attitude was great. Last time I heard, the waiting list for tuning was 8-10 weeks, so they must be doing something right !

16. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Not tried their "imp" (defeats me how you rename a gun just because it's been tuned) but tried a sfs tuned rifle I didn't like it, very snappy but the owner was most impressed with the tune up, all I can say if that's an improvement the 95 is not for me. I've never tried a standard 95.

17. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I have a sfs tuned he97kt .22, bought off here and had very little use (had to wipe the dust off it :D). It was snappy but all springers are until bedded in, I've put a few thousand through mine and it's settled down nicely, I like it but can't compare it to standard hw97 because I've not shot one

18. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I did say if or did you miss that, you know if it was one their tunes if it was typical of their work if

19. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I was comparing the 98 to my 95 that I did myself and my 95 shot a hell of a lot nicer than his 98 that had allegedly had a sfs stage two tune.

20. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

For balance:

Got an old 95 .22 - started dieselling after 6 months. Totally useless and shop I got it from closed down. Took it to SFS for a tune - now shoots with little recoil and is more accurate than I will ever be. Stunning.
    My 97 shot well out of the box. After my experience with above I decided to get the twang sorted. Only got a stage 1 (stage 2 for 97s and 80s only) and it halved my group sizes.
    My 80 .22 and .177 95 I've never shot pre-tuned and the 80 is sublime. The .177 is loads smoother than a factory one - I tried a mates but it is still quite snappy.

I also have a BSA 635 Magnum which I tuned myself. Being a .25 it doesn't need a lot of oomph and it probably shoots as well as anything SFS have done for me. I got SFS to chrono it and they complimented me on the work I'd done.

So yes you can self tune and match the outcome but it probably cost the same once I'd sourced the parts.

Last edited: May 5, 2015