1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Sales Spamming

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by snipperuk, Mar 17, 2019.

1. snipperuk

snipperuk Donator

I know it's to maximise your sales but more and more you look at the sales threads and you get loads of single threads from individual members in one go rather than putting it all in one thread ....
    You can quite easily list what items you have for sale in 1 title
    Moan over :D

2. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

It's a lot easier to follow if items are sold in separate threads. As well as making our job easier, it also makes it easier for potential purchasers.

Multiple listings can get very confusing and difficult to follow - especially when the OP doesn't keep on top of it by adding 'Sold' to each item as they sell.

3. snipperuk

snipperuk Donator

Point taken Trevor ....... just a pain when your selling 1 item and hate bumping after members bulk postings

4. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I agree - the bumping can be annoying. This is why we limit it to once every 24 hours - although I personally think once or twice a week is enough.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  5. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two

BORING!!!!

6. Nubble

Nubble Donator

With you on that Trevor.
    :thumb:

Sky likes this.
  7. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Swings and roundabout tbh and as usual there's an ideal middle ground to aim for. Yes, too many separate listings can be irritating (especially if they're all for similar, cheap items) however sometimes you can't sufficiently describe everything in the title of the ad if listing lots of stuff in one thread, which reduces your changes of finding a buyer.

As for "bumping" (I really hate that term for some reason) IMO this should only really be done once the thread has dropped off the front page. I can't understand what people hope to achieve by pushing their post to the top of the board from all of three places from the top - pointless and selfish IMO..

Nubble and ukglyn like this.
  8. jesim1

jesim1 Keyboard Hero

I'd rather see it as item specific as then I can decide whether to look at it or not, if they are all bundles together then items don't come up in the thread title search, and you can easily be opening threads of no interest to you or miss stuff because you don't see what you wanted in the thread title.

James

pbrown and Nubble like this.
  9. Nubble

Nubble Donator

What he said ^^^
    ;)

10. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

Separate threads please, I want to know from the title if it's worth opening.

Winds me up threads titled "clear out".

Sky likes this.