1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Sad day

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Critanime, May 17, 2015.

1. Critanime

Critanime Donator

My hw90 is dead.

I was cooking it and someone bumped into me. I dropped it and well... I smashed the stock and bent the barrel. She is dead. It clocks and fires. But the barrel has a noticeable bend upwards. The stock is a write off. So annoyed.

2. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Blimey, sorry to hear this. Are you sure it's not repairable? Surely a new barrel can be fitted and stocks should be available, if not is this an opportunity to give it a complete makeover and order a custom stock....

3. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

oh not good :(

4. Critanime

Critanime Donator

Stocks are around £140 and same for a barrel. :( it's my own fault. I didn't have hold of it properly and I was in a rocky area. The guy who bumped into me had also been bumped into by another person. So he lost his footing and went into me. Thinking I might just sell for spares and repairs on here and get something else. I can't afford to repair it unless I can do it all cheap enough. Thing is werihauch are expensive to start with.

5. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Pretty sure there are some 90 bits on the Bay at present, including a barrel.

6. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

7. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

90 ish for barrel from chambers and get some woodwork skills and fix the stock . I remember the 18 ' Lancaster I repaird for a guy that said it was a write off . Enough good people on here to help :)

8. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Sorry to here this mate, it's not nice when these things happen, hope you get it sorted.

9. Critanime

Critanime Donator

Thanks all. And thanks guy for suggesting things. To be honest I am gonna sell for spares and repairs and look to get a new gun. probably something cheap and cheerful because if anything this has taught me I am not to be trusted with expensive stuff :(

10. Akita177

Akita177 Addicted to Iron

My brother had a friend who bent a barrel on a something like a HW80 he hand straightend it and it shot perfect.
    How true i dont know.

11. sithe79

sithe79 Donator

Sorry to hear that buddy, I'd be gutted. If you are going to sell it for spares etc, keep your eyes open for a good deal on here. Don't get a cheap and cheerful, you'll only want to get another HW and have to save for longer to get one!!
    Hope it all ends well!
    Atb
    Si

12. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Posting Addict

R.i.p hw 90 good luck with finding a new rifle hope it's a good an

13. Critanime

Critanime Donator

I dare not say what I have coming. A friend has let me have his Mod 60s for £50 because he doesn't want me to be without a rifle. He has had it a while but not really used it because he is more into his pistols. Suppose a gun is a gun and if it means I can keep shooting and save up for another HW then so be it. I am gutted but I am laughing about it now. My wife just looked at me and said "only you could break a gun"

She was annoyed for a little bit but like we said, no one was hurt; it was a pure accident and that is that. We are laughing about it and I am sat looking at the wreckage. It was a good gun... Oh well.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  14. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Fair play for taking it on the chin - I'd be gutted too had that happened to me..

15. Critanime

Critanime Donator

Well it's a lesson learned. I didn't have a good hold on it and it was a accident. I am just glad it didn't have a pellet in the breech. Because, even though the safety was engaged, I would hate to think it released it and shot a pellet . Am also glad I got it cheap on second hand. Otherwise I would be crying at full price.

16. Gollum

Gollum Donator

Sorry to hear of your misfortune its a b****r when things like that happen. However whats done is done, and as previously mentioned there are plenty of folk on here with the skills to help with advice, and if you look around for a barrel and fix the stock she'll be up and running PDQ. Good luck.

17. scanner

scanner Engaging Member

gutted but why not use the hatsan for now and when the dust settles think about the repair of your 90,maybe pick up some second hand bit and repair over time

18. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Nothing wrong with a MOD 60 should keep you out of trouble. Now you have it, doe it not look brighter to fix the 90? Imo, it would be a shame to sell by parting it out and could take a whole to do.

Seriously think this is now even more the perfect opportunity to hang on to it and just think how good you would feel if you could customise it to your taste while still retaining value should you ever wish to sell on in the future.

Give it some thought mate, I know I could not let my FWB 127 go to scrap (been with me since new, 34 years now) if anything happened and FWB' s are even harder to find spares for ....at least Weihrauchs are in plentiful supply still.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  19. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Wrap it all up and put it away for next winters project!!!!! We Can Rebuild It!!!!!!!!!

20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

When you've used the Mod 60s you'll probably be pleasantly surprised if you use the correct pellet.