1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

s10 inop, help please

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by kal el, Sep 20, 2014.

1. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

Afternoon all,
    i went out last night, got pitched up to quickly check zero, pulled the trigger and clack. no air just a hammer noise, checked the safety, re cocked fully and cautiously, again nothing.
    bottle is fully charged and i removed carefully under pressure, a loud hiss so air there but doesn't seem to be getting to the reg. bottle isn't cross threaded.

any ideas?

i went to get the verminator and have managed to lose the mag, zip was broken on bag, and the trusty hw80 was at home,what a night.

cheers in advance

2. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

also the dive bottle is filled:up:

3. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Is the reg core stuck so no air getting past it quite tricky to service too on the s10 with out proper tools

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

Another possibility is that the piston seal in the reg has failed allowing the spring stack to become pressurised; upping the reg output pressure. The typical failure mode sees the muzzle energy fall until the gun eventually fails to fire as the striker can't overcome the pressure loading on the exhaust valve.

Usually this happens over a prolonged period of time as the air seeps past the seal - when did you last use the gun?

You can test to see if reg piston seal failure is the problem by depressurising the air bottle and refilling so that it only has 60-80bar in it (IIRC around the standard output pressure of the S10's reg). Refit it to the gun and dry-fire it - if air is released / it goes bang you know the reg has pressurised and will need stripping and resealing. If it still doesn't fire, this points to a problem with air getting into the gun as Dave suggests above.

I'd agree with him that the regs are a bitch to work on - if it's shafted I'd get a grown-up to rebuild it; or even better sling it in the nearest canal and source an aftermarket alternative if you can find one..

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  5. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

cheers chaps, initially i thought i was low on air as my last shot of the night fell short. that was last week, so i took the bottle off and it was very light, blasted it up and thought no more. so it sounds more than likely to be the piston seal. i have been considering a jb or xtx tune but was hoping to get it done on fac next year. may just be sub 12 and sooner rather than later now. b****r.

thanks very much for the speedy reply guys, i had a feeling the reg would be at fault and it wasnt going to be a sticky valve or something simple.

6. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

just re-opening this to ask if anyone repairs regulators or knows where to get an aftermarket? struggling ratting with an underlever tonight due to the heat.

7. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

I stripped my S10 regulator with nothing more than a vice and my hands, no mole grips, adjustable spammers or any other tools.

I would advise you have a look at the look at the regulator and see if you can do the same. Line the vice jaws to prevent marks on the regulator, and have a go.

8. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  9. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

To the best of my knowledge Bowkett and XTX are the only two who might touch it.

Unlike the R10 where there are decent complete replacement regs available from the aftermarket, unfortunately I think with the S10 you're stuck polishing the turd you're given :rolleyes:

10. anchovie

anchovie Banned BANNED

sorry but you are all wrong :D if you've got an s10 try hunting down rancidtom he know's them like the back of his hand all his work is gauranteed pm him on ***** alot of tuners work on a variety of different rifles (obviously) but rt has a passion for s10's

11. anchovie

anchovie Banned BANNED

pm me for contact details as i see it's not allowed.......sorry

12. mick 1986

mick 1986 Keyboard Hero

The only downside to RT is he won't work on a specific part, unless he's already serviced the entire rifle, and getting your work in with him! He's usually fully booked!

13. anchovie

anchovie Banned BANNED

give him a bell you wont regret it

14. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

so a year to the day i got it back,

it went away to rancid tom, and for it being a mk1 s10, its come back feeling like a brand new rifle. it had a 11 shot string with 7fps variance, i put a few pellets down and re tested, 2.9 0ver 15 shots.

its just lush, so i might treat it to a new stock and shroud in the future. i cant believe what i thought was a lost cause has turned into a dream

15. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

They are good rifles, and despite cloverleafs comments about the regs (;)) they aren't too hard to service, you need a pair of collets to get them apart and then its just really a set of seals. Changing the pressure is a bit fiddly but that's that. I like the s10, in fact I have three :D

John

16. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Please read the other posts.

17. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

trip...he sorted it, rt did the work

18. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

I pick my Superten up from Rancid Tom tomorrow!!! He is THE man, He did Si Pittaways Superten too!!

19. bundyk

bundyk Engaging Member

Another vote for Rancid here, he's helped with two of my s10s. Great guy to deal with

20. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Love the s10:up: