1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

s 300 silencer bang

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by RAPIDROGERS, May 30, 2007.

1. RAPIDROGERS

RAPIDROGERS Member

Rite my older gun is an air arms s300 and a while back it started shooting irratic and i dident no why then one day it blew half the silencer out so i take it it was catching the silencer has anyone ever heard of this or had it happen to them. Also any ideas on wot new silencer to get and where would be handy cheers.:)

2. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

if you,ve a threaded barrel then the weihrauch silencer is very good. however why did the s300 suddenly go off...was it through a knock to the silencer or was it something else?.....have you put the gun across a chrony?

3. RAPIDROGERS

RAPIDROGERS Member

no on the s300 there not threaded and i think the s400 silencer is the same but would like someone to verify it for me and as for why it blew out i dont no but i can only imagine it did get knocked as you say. and no it hasent been near a chrony dont own one

4. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

silencer prob

have you tried the s300 without the silencer. does it still group as well as before the silencer blew apart, if there is no change in how the rifle preforms ,then just buy a new silencer. the airarms silencers work well. if your groups are all over the place then i would consider a service either by some one who knows what they are doing or by sending it back to airarms......:):):)..as for the chrony, everyone that owns an airgun should have a chrony and know how to use it...imo.....they dont cost a fortune and will definately help with keeping your rifle tuned.... the chrony cb625 is ideal for use in the feild or on the range and at £39 from blackpool air rifles you cant really afford to be with out one......