1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

RWS Superpoint 14.5gr

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by lertho009#, Jul 12, 2007.

1. lertho009#

lertho009# Active Member

Anyone have an idea on what ft lbs would be needed to go through a book that is a inch thick with RWS superpoint 14.5gr?

2. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

About a 100,000,000 ftlb.

I would get that checked.

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

He's power mad. :D

4. David

David Engaging Member

Hows about a cannon then,

Jim-ill fix it for you

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

RWS Superblob

Helloooo!
    No amount of ft/lbs will put one through that,they'll shred up in most barrells at about the 20 mark.
    You will be able to tell all of your new mates about your rifle,your INmates!!!
    Pleeeeese deactivate your gun for your own sake.
    If you are found owning that rifle,you don't have to be doing anything wrong,it'll be five years in Dartmoor.
    You are obviously a potentially, talented airgun tuner.My personal advice to you would be to buy a quality rifle and concentrate on making it as smooth as possible with the least cocking effort etc. Its a great hobby and nobody wants to see someone starting out fall foul of the law.
    Alternativly get an FAC, They're worth every penny.All you have to do is prove your dedication and responsability.one of which i'm positive you have!!!!:)
    I'm brand new to this forum but already I can see that all the help and advice you will need is around here somewhere!
    P.S I work on Dartmoor,tis a S tty place!!:)

6. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Ft/lbs???

Helloooo again Lertho!
    If you live any where near me i'll chrony your gun for you!
    Illegal it may be but i think we are all dead interested!!!:)

7. David

David Engaging Member

I dont think any one has asked you... do you have a FAC?

If you do take your gun down to your local gun shop and get it tested

If you dont then you are very limited to where you can use and test your gun which is to be exact.... nowhere, unless you like bread and water

David

8. lertho009#

lertho009# Active Member

Hello potshot thanks for the advice and the offer on the chrony but im a bit too far from devon i think i will have to save up and buy a chrony.So do you think i could get hold of a FAC I would like to is it difficult to apply for one if you could give me some advice on how to obtain a FAC it would be much appreciated thanks:up::)

9. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

FAC advice

Hi L, Fac is one of those things that everybody has an opinion on. It's easy to be confused by it all.
    The airgun press seems to make out fac to be an unobtainable "holy grail",they certainly dont encourage people to get one.
    You need to be 21+ and have no police record,even a minor driving offence can count you out.If you have any history of violence, even in self defence, you wont even be considered.
    The most sensible advice i can give would be to contact your local police station and get all the bumf they have,then invite the firearms officer around for a cuppa and get all the info you need in plain English from the horses mouth!!
    Anyone who says fac is too much hassle doesn't love airguns!!:)
    you should meet some of the 'kin morons i know with shotguns and 243's etc.I wouldn't trust them with a mastic gun let alone anything else!!

10. lertho009#

lertho009# Active Member

Thanks potshot for the advice i think i will give it a go:up:I am 23 and I have never been in trouble with the police or have any convictions ect.What you said about the 14.5 gr not being able to shoot through 1 inch thick book which was them blue Thompsons phone book you said they would shred up at the 20 mark the pellets are mangled once they have gone through the book so i think its around 17-18 mark?:confused:

11. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

rws mangler

Hi L,RWS pellets are best kept under 12ft/lbs,about 11 is most accurate.They are quite an old variety now being designed when 11 was about all you could get out of a springer.I have used them for years and still will.All my guns like them.:)
    As for FAC,hope all goes well,just remember its you that must prove trustworthy not for the police to prove otherwise.