1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Rti Priest 2 Or Prophet?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by littleJon365, Sep 28, 2020.

1. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Hi all,

I've been looking at the RTI Priest 2 or the Prophet but not sure what to go for. I've had the original Priest and found it a very well made and accurate rifle but, for some reason as you do (or I do!) I moved it on.

I'm looking for owners of either the Priest 2 or Prophet as id like some opinions to see which one, if any, I will order. which one do you have, what pellets does it like, what sort of groupings are you getting, are any of the extras worth the money to you etc.

Is the Prophet worth the extra £200 as standard over the priest 2, thats the main thing im thinking about and on paper its probably a yes. I'm looking at one in .22 but may end up getting the .177 barrel if it works out as well and will probably mainly use it at the range.

thank you for your time,
    Jon

Howlin Wolf, 2506sendero and talent like this.
  2. Mr Daniel G Seddon

Mr Daniel G Seddon Engaging Member

Hi jon I have a preist 2 and can say its awesome,
    But I will be buying the conversion kit from rti so it has the side lever as I've tried the prophet and liked the action. Its the same gun I just prefer the lever as to the bolt system, whatever you choose you won't be disappointed.

Howlin Wolf and 2506sendero like this.
  3. Mr Daniel G Seddon

4. Mr Daniel G Seddon

Just re read your post if you like to tinker then the extras are great, next purchase will be the adjustable regulator when RTI send out the next batch. I have .22 and it loves any JSB pellets I've just got some rws super field 15.9 but yet to test but ill post some groups when I do

5. littleJon365

Thanks Daniel.
    have you added the plenum or anything else? just weighing up if the extras added to the Priest 2 are worth it over the standard Prophet? if you don't mind me asking how much is the conversion to side leaver from straight pull?
    Do you have the lighter carbon bottle or standard and what's the weight balance like? I found the first Priest i had a little front heavy, but not a big issue.

thanks

6. littleJon365

7. Mr Daniel G Seddon

The conversion is 185 euros so not to bad 8 have the standard bottle and its a tad nose heavy so carbon is a good choice if that's an issue. But the adjustable regulator id say is the best option you can ad a carbon bottle if you feel that there is a issue

evenbad and littleJon365 like this.
  8. squib

squib Keyboard Hero

Is the cocking lever on the P2 on both sides, or just the left ?

9. Mr Daniel G Seddon

Just the left

squib likes this.
  10. littleJon365

thanks for that. I think the carbon bottle is something id go for anyway. the adjustable regulator is an upgrade for either model so im thinking why go for the prophet when the main difference is only the sidelever and Plenum, or maybe I'm missing something else...
    is the hammer still adjustable from the rear butt plate or is that a part of the upgraded extendable butt pad?

thank you.

11. Leshiy

Leshiy No 0352

Priest 2 is a cracking rifle very basic and extremely accurate
    IMG_0309.jpg IMG_0538.jpg

12. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

I’ve looked at these and quite like them, what puts me off is it looks like that mag is right in your face. Is that the case with these?

13. Leshiy

Leshiy No 0352

Don’t really notice mag can be loaded for either side

Drake267 likes this.
  14. dobbydobby

dobbydobby Surviving the rat race

When there made available have a look at getting the prophet (performance) edition

evenbad and Mr Daniel G Seddon like this.
  15. Mr Daniel G Seddon

It depends on where the scope is ive got mine back and my cheek does not touch the mag so its not an issue

Drake267 likes this.
  16. Drake267

Drake267 Pro Poster

Cheers guys, I tend to have my scope well forward when fitted so a little concerned it will be right in the cheek. Do like them as they seem to be like an impact but that actually works! That will start something :D

Mr Bond, littleJon365 and biggeorge like this.
  17. littleJon365

Incoming ...... :laff:

Drake267 likes this.
  18. littleJon365

Is it only City Air Weapons that sell RTI’s or are there other importers now?

19. Leshiy

Leshiy No 0352

Can’t describe how accurate and consistent they are
    Never seen any negative issues leaks posted anywhere in any country

Drake267 likes this.
  20. dobbydobby

dobbydobby Surviving the rat race

City air are the main uk distributors but I know lectsershire air gun shop reckons he some coming also soleware but I’ve heard they won’t be here for a while

littleJon365 likes this.