1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Royal mail lost parcels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by ratman60, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, just to ask if other forum members have had this problem, recent order off ebay a camo tarpaulin sheet 9x12 posted last saturday from the west midlands now missing, was on a 2 day posting, before i ordered (ebay) a recharble 12v hand lamp with the long beam, was on next day signed delivery, that went missing in post and had to have another sent which i recieved. how do the parcels go missing when they are well packed and named/ addressed in large print. am i missing something:rolleyes::D or what. is this a common theme around the uk, are we to think there is stealing rife in R/M. any views

2. audiguypaul

audiguypaul Donator

I read on a forum, cant remember which, bloke worked in a sorting office/depot and said you wouldnt beleive the way some stuff gets treated, kicked around, stuff marked fragile deliberately thrown around, stuff stolen lost behind units or under seats in vans, so its not surprising. Mind you the only issue ive had with RM is when they never left a card to say they had tried to deliver a parcel, which ended up being sent to a depot in NI as it didnt have a return address on where it was lost for 3 months, i got refunded and the seller did eventually get it back. Have had one item damaged by My hermes which i was fully compensated for.

3. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Yes I've had two parcels go missing in last couple of months one camera and small moniter and a rifle trigger unit. Still in dispute with the camera seller. Both sent by royal fail.

4. audiguypaul

audiguypaul Donator

I must admit i find it strange when sellers say 'posted at your risk' as if it goes missing its up to the sender to claim as they have the contract with RM.

5. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, thanks to reply, seems like i am not the only one to have this then, ok you can understand a few go missing but i just checked figures WOW!!!!! i can only think its those who work in the main sorting HUBS???? shame realy i thought RMs telly advert was good

6. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

The West Midlands Depots are rife with pilfering but I suspect it's an epidemic across the nation too.

My Brother worked for RM for 27 years and still has many friends within, he was recently told that postmen have had their hours and money cut to part time and RM are using un-vetted temps in the D/O's sorting the mail for the postmen, so postie on his short hour contract just rocks up, picks up his designated mail bags and toddles off when historically he did the sorting himself.

It's a disastrous recipe and no wonder we are losing stuff when these workers are trying to subsidise their pittance of a wage by pilfering or generally not giving a toss anymore!

7. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Can't really blame senders for putting that caveat in as they obviously have no control over an item once it leaves their hands .... especially when reading some of the stories posted in this thread ! You should try making a claim from the Post Office when something goes missing ... my last one took nearly two months to be sorted despite filling in all the correct forms, providing a printed proof of posting and having a statement from the intended recipient saying that they had not received the item ! Have also heard from other people that even if their claim is upheld, they have only been offered postage stamps to the value of the item and not a financial refund, which is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike !

What I now do to try and reduce delays in a claim is provide the recipient with the original proof of posting and a form from the PO, so that they can submit it themselves ... the important thing to remember is to use the correct service : if something is valuable, you must get the correct level of cover should the item go missing or both parties end up in the shoite :mad:

8. audiguypaul

audiguypaul Donator

Dont use royal mail is prob the best advice, expensive poor service it would seem. Ive just posted 3 tins of .22 pellets, RM wanted £9 :eek: I use interparcel.com for sending most of my parcels and UPS now do a local store drop off/collection service, i dropped the parcel at my local UPS point and it gets collected by the buyer from his, £1.19 with £50 insurance ;)

9. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, yes i understand what you say but buying from a ebay company and not a private seller you have to accept the courier used.

10. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, thankyou to those who replied as of yesterday there is still no delivery. mind you the seller has been quick to respond and feel sure they will send replacement but i just hope that does not have same outcome.

11. Tatts

Tatts Posting Addict

I gave up with royal mail a long time ago. Even when I was sending recorded or special delivery I had parcels go missing and didn't always get a successful claim. Best one ever had to be a pair of technics 1210's ... never did work out how you can lose two large and heavy boxes :D:D:D

12. highland chief

highland chief Donator

hi guys

I had a scope go walkabouts, sent from a good mate on here. now I know he sent it, just never got here. really p****d off with royal mail, my mate is a postie and he has told me some horror stories, I bought a salmon rod a while back from ebay, now it was never arriving, it was sent by signed for mail. it turned up 3 months later, seller said it was signed for:confused:. my postie mate found it lying under a huge pile of undelivered mail at the sorting office. so who signed for it??????. not me that's for sure.

Nightmare Mail that's what they should be called.:eek:

cheers

gus

13. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, thanks for replies and still not arrive, on mailing the ebay company they will send replacement so hope that gets here!!!!!!!!!!. oh its another idea for hunting so if works will let you know.

14. wizard1963uk

wizard1963uk Donator

i must be one of the lucky one's i have never had a problem with royal mail :)

15. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, just an update, well the first parcel did not arrive after 2 weeks, went via the RM birmingham sorting hub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. anyway the company sent a replacement via DPD which arrived next day. if you see my thread RE using camo tarpaulin will be trying out soon. thanks for replies

16. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast, HW97, K98 owner

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    This is woefully wrong.:mad: The sender is wholly responsible for any items sent via post, not the recipient. The sender has the responsibility to make a claim because the buyer has already paid the sender for that service. To put the onus on the buyer is totally wrong and totally distasteful. If you are not willing to refund because the RM have lost your parcel, then the seller should state collect/face to face only. I personally would never buy anything off anyone on any forum if they stated that any loss in the post is the buyers responsibility. Unbelievable. :eek:

17. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

Sellers that state 'post at your risk' are avoided like the plague.

If an item goes missing only the sender, not the recipient can file a claim and get a refund. If the seller is unwilling to do so then you are stuffed.

I used to sell full time on eBay - posting a few hundred packages a week. I'd have around 5 or 6 lost items per week and used to file my lost item claims in bulk.

About the time I got out of it the post office were saying they would only cover the cost price of an item, not the retail sale price - theiving sods!

18. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

That's really not what I meant and I did not say that I send items at the buyer's own risk ... I always take responsibility for things sent in the post - what I was really meaning is that the seller has no control over an item in transit and I will refund a buyer if they really don't want to wait for a claim to be processed. What needs to happen is for the Post Office to make the whole claims process quicker and easier (and to do more to ensure that items don't go missing in the first place) !

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  19. mark.177

mark.177 Donator

its getting a joke these days... have two large parcels supposedly sent 24 hour wednesday and both times the drivers attempted delivery at the wrong address. its a small villiage and they pick the only other number 3 that is for sale and empty! and has the different road name on a plaque right on its wall! have visited the only other number three number 3's in the village and nothing. so now trying to chase it up with the seller to find out where my stuff is as have no card... two days of waiting in and both items delivered to the wrong address by parcelfarce and APC.
    i now have a weekend with no tools and another wait curtain twitching because of an inability of some delivery drivers to read or be bothered. probably a weeks worth of work thwarted...