1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Room to rent in Gloucester

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by RagnarHairybreeks, May 30, 2017.

1. RagnarHairybreeks

RagnarHairybreeks Keyboard Hero

Bit breezy but perfect for star gazing :)

Putting the roof on tomorrow - kids are stoked. (I am a kid by the way)

[​IMG]

2. XplosiV

XplosiV Posting Addict

Ah, the build you spoke of, looking good so far :up:

3. RagnarHairybreeks

Wifi signal is perfect, track lighting and flat screen TV to come. (not joking).

4. XplosiV

XplosiV Posting Addict

So which kid is this REALLY for? :D

5. RagnarHairybreeks

I don't have any children.

6. RagnarHairybreeks

Alright, that was a lie.

7. RagnarHairybreeks

If Mondrian made treehouses......

8. RagnarHairybreeks

Onward and upward.

[​IMG]

9. XplosiV

XplosiV Posting Addict

You work fast chap, looking good :thumb:

10. Baldalot

Baldalot Posting Addict

Very 'des res', Ragnar. I'll bet the kids will be spending a lot of time up there, in the crow's nest.

Now, all they need is a parachute each.......... ;)

Nice work, my friend, and you'll earn a ton of 'dad' points from your children.

11. Darkzero

Darkzero Engaging Member

Ragnar,....would you consider adopting a 34 year old man?

12. XplosiV

XplosiV Posting Addict

I get the feeling Raggie will be King of the Hill, defending his outpost ... and the kids won't get a look in, lol :p

13. sidney

sidney Keyboard Hero

Thanks a bunch for posting those piccies, I showed them to my kids.
    They were very impressed.

And no longer want me to be their Dad.
    Ill drop them off after tea.

14. 1961nuffield

1961nuffield Honorary Member

What do your neighbors think of your "spotting tower" :cool:

John

15. RagnarHairybreeks

It's not a spotting tower dear fellow, it's a watch tower. The wire and the dogs are being deployed next :)

Actually, quite seriously, I cleared it with all the neighbours first and I've had nothing but positive comments. Deliberately designed with no windows overlooking gardens - everything looks over our property or the road.

16. dancza

dancza Donator

I just hope you don't get carried away. First off its a watchtower and next it'll be a fortress. Actually Fort Ragnar does have a ring to it. :D

17. XplosiV

XplosiV Posting Addict

Lol, Fort Ragnar of the Lodbrok Estate...

[​IMG]

18. M5AFX

M5AFX Donator

Looking great I bet you will hardly see the ki. Ohhhh now I get it:up:

19. RagnarHairybreeks

BAD NEWS

I had a visit from a contractor to the planning department earlier today. Would you believe that you need planning permission for a treehouse? Seriously? If the total height is below 4m then apparently it's exempt as a garden building, but mine is 5.2m to the peak, although theoretically anything with a base more than 30cm off the ground needs planning permission.

He said that they have had two calls about it, and both people got the address incorrect. In other words whoever decided to complain about it doesn't even live in the street. Some people are just cocks.

Anyway, he's told me I can apply for retrospective planning permission and that he will recommend no action on that basis. Yay. This is going to be fun (statements from all the neighbours saying that they like it, detailed drawings and plans, no doubt a raft of fees). I hope whoever called it in gets terminal crotch rot and their arms fall off so that they can't scratch it.

20. jakey226

jakey226 Busy Member

Miserable Barstewards! What effect does your treehouse really have on their lives?! Especially when you have made sure all the obs windows look over your own garden and the road!
    At least the planning guy seemed to be one your side, that is a good thing!