1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Good news Right Place At The Right Time....

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by SteveO, May 18, 2018.

1. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

This will probably interest TMOK as he likes his grub! :D

My Mrs just got back from her weekly meet up with her friends for breakfast, they always go to a local main branch of Frankie & Benny's - I've been before but found their food to be over-priced for very little but hey-ho they like the place!

Today at F&B's all the chefs were gathered and were cooking the lastest menu from A-Z which are due to be released next week - it wasn't a staged event, just an impromptu gathering to go over and tweak the menu and showcase it for the coming season, as my Mrs and her friends were the only group in the restaurant they started to bring out the whole menu for them to sample, 3 tables full of everything they offer was eventually in front of them all, what a feast! They all have disabled kids and they really enjoyed the food so it was a lovely surprise and gesture to offer it.

They ate what they wanted to and then the staff said we are going to bin everything that's left - would you like doggy bags? they said, take anything you want home! All they asked for was to fill in a survery on a tablet device to rate the food items etc..

I've just woken and had the two most huge and gorgeous burgers I have ever seen, prime burger with layer after layer of cheese, steak, ghirkins and then a chicken one that almost made me die and go to heaven, if ever I have to die I want to be eating that chicken burger :eek:, I have a big appetite and thought I would never make my way through either, and then a huge side portion of french fries, the likes of which I have never tasted before.

I honestly have to say, it's the best food I've ever tasted, 10/10... I'm not sure every branch could pull this off with their individual chefs but they had the whole lot of them there and weren't rushed to cook the food. The head chef was teaching his juniors how the food must be cooked and presented, which plates and sauces to be used, I'm told that much was immediately binned if not exactly to standard!

Absolutely amazing! I'd recommend anyone to have a try in the coming weeks!

Thank you to Frankie & Benny's - you really have impressed me and the rest of the people who visited today! ELJD4987.JPG HPTL6151.JPG JJHO0588.JPG LQGG2605.JPG OMNG1306.JPG XECX2486.JPG

audi swift likes this.
  2. audi swift

audi swift Donator

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    WOW. Looks like I will have to visit that place asap.... I don't normally go places like that these days & have not done so for some years.
    But the photos & your write up sound & look bloody dam nice!!! glad you have a good fill & then some. :up: lucky bugger.....:cool:

Man I'm hungry now!!!!!

SteveO likes this.
  3. hughlle

hughlle Keyboard Hero

Looks fantastic. Wouldn't have said no to that! :)

What I will say though, go in on a busy day and you'll be lucky if the food tastes anything like that. As you have said, when kitchens try out the new menus, everything is done exactingly and without rush, so they can see what the food can and should taste like. Basically everything is cooked perfectly. Very hard to cook to such a level when you've 20 checks in front of you and are being told "I need it now!",coupled with trying to coordinate 5 chefs to all be done at the same time. When kitchens get busy, you'd be surprised how many shortcuts get taken due to time issue, mistakes etc. Be it using microwaves to heat up and then pop it in the oven for the last minute for texture, or throwing cold fries back in the frier for 30 seconds etc and so on. Once the first plates have left for a table, all rules go out of the window and getting food to the rest of the table as soon as possible takes priority over quality (I am generalizing here, not all restaurants will be like this of course)

SteveO likes this.
  4. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

I'm glad you commented Hugh, I thought your input would be valuable and concise! ;)

5. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Right place at the right time indeed Steve ... looks good, but you've just made me very hungry as all I've had so far today is a coffee and bowl of muesli type stuff that tastes like sawdust :(

If you've got any left would you consider posting or RFD transfer ;)

SteveO likes this.
  6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

I’ve just eaten and now I’m hungry again. That’s great Steve.

SteveO likes this.
  7. sidney

sidney Post Whore

Why do those things never happen to me?:mad:
    We’ve been to our local F&B a few times (I say local, it’s 20 miles away), a tad expensive but the food was always good.:thumb: