1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Rifle ranges near barnsley

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by m4tth3w, Jan 28, 2014.

1. m4tth3w

m4tth3w Donator

Ive had a look at a few rifle ranges and they all seem to only operate on certain days

is there any that you can go when it suits you? Eg just turn up pay a fee and use it.

or is that not how they work?

2. yorkshireshoot

yorkshireshoot Posting Addict

I go to parc ( pontefract air rifle club ) once you have made 4 visits as a probationary member on Sunday's and been signed off by a committee member you can go any time you like mate . Have a look online there's pics and info on their site buddy

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I'm not sure what's near you but in Halifax it's a pay as you go for as long as you want within the opening times seven days a week :up:

http://www.halifaxairgunclub.co.uk

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I go to Parc also,looked at Redfearns which is probably closer for you? Both great clubs

5. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

nearest indoor range is rotherham..I have been told there is as all one in darton, but hav'nt heard much about it...ifyou really want together into target shooting and comps etc..then you'd begetter joining a local ft club....I'm a member of Emley moor field target club...£60 a year to join, and u have to do 3 months probation.....we have 2 zero ranges, and a mini hunter course as well as a full ft course...in 30 acres of woodland...once a member u can go everyday!!!... If u need more details,pm me ..or if u fancy a visit, I'd gladly show u around...

6. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Bloody spellchecker and strokes don't mix lol

7. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

idle backs in Rotherham is £25 for the year last time i checked and £7 per hour after. they have a little coffee kitchen with cakes crisp ect. nice warm indoor range out to 35 yards think it is.

8. phil187

phil187 Newbie

Paul at Redbecks recommended Redfearns club today, hope that helps

9. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

If I fancy a zero session with a view and a half.

I go up to the Boar shooting grounds inbetween glossip and Penistone, its a fiver when I fancy it and that's all day.

I usually got it to myself and there are no membership fees or anything, I take a flask of coffee and plink away, that's about as involved in club shooting as I like to be.

I was in a club and payed for two years for two visits and needed a year to read through the rules and I could never get peace and room I wanted, not for me.

Boar suits me fine and they have some nice clays off the top banks to boot so I sometimes take airgun and shotgun and have a shoot with both.

only 10 mins drive from Penistone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  10. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

10 mins by helicopter maybe lol...I pass it reg, always wondered about it, du u turn under the little bridge/tunnel half way along old glossop rd??

11. phil187

phil187 Newbie

The Boar looks great, think i'll give this place a try

12. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Yes but Phone first to pre book its ok.

like I said 10mins from Penistone if you actually do the speed limit I shoot clays there often can do it from my house which is 4 mile from Penistone in about 15 mins, but its always cold and windy up there, I always say a coat colder up there than what it is in my garden, if its windy in my garden it isn't worth going up there with the airrfile.

Oh and please lads don't abuse it somebody has left a shed load of cans up there and litter, so it will end up far more regulated like a yearly fee and ID needed if it carries on it will ruin it for everyone.

13. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Was gonna say on an avg day, must be too windy there as it's very open!! And on an hillside doesn't help ..nice views tho

14. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Yes it gets windy but it sure learns you how a pellet get affected by wind at different ranges.

To be honest I can shoot to my hearts content on my own permissions and at live quarry so I rarely go up there if once a year but I thought it was worth mentioning for someone not wanting to join a club.

15. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Forgot to mention you can also zero in your full bore rifles up there and have a play out to 400yrds if you ask nicely.

16. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Nice to know cheers for the heads up pal

17. m4tth3w

m4tth3w Donator

Cheers I'll check out redfearn a on my day off.

that boars looks good and I go biking up their a lot. If I was carrying my airgun over my shoulder in its bag, whilst on my motorbike, would I get pulled?

i could combine a ride out and shoot :)

18. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Don't do it mate, if you lived in thurlstone you will have seen the amount of of wagons coming over woodhead, if you came off with a rifle on your back and it dug in you could break your back.

One of my best mates died on that road when we were only 17 yrs old, and he was in a car! so its a dangerous road but you could get pulled up there also.

I road superbikes for years around there with another mate, he is dead now and Ive got my left leg off to the knee from a 25mph accident from a white van driver.

So its not worth it for a few tin chickens with an airgun mate, go in a 4x4 if you can as its quite a steep hairy road up there.

19. m4tth3w

m4tth3w Donator

:-/ yikes

fair nuff