1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Regulator Settings

Discussion in 'Technical' started by keithy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. keithy

keithy Busy Member

Hi i have just ordered a huma reg for my agt vulcan mk4 .22. I have stated i want it setting to 90 bar as i want it sub 12. Is this a good starting pressure to start with or should i have gone lower?

2. bigal

bigal Jedi.

Your not far out so don't worry. As long as your getting the needed FPS,
    Most 12ft 22 will be near 80bar.
    177 at 100bar. So showing where u are.
    U may a few shots off the reg pressure, but being that close u still see them at the needed FPS.

Trick to see the real needed psi, when at 100bar, test the FPS till u see a drop. Test the psi, that shows wots needed for your guns setup.
    As all guns run a bit different. ;) Al

garyjm and Blackmax like this.
  3. Blackmax

Blackmax Pro Poster

It all depends on the barrel length, porting and any pre-chamber size.

That seems a little high and you can expect an off reg spike maybe down as far a step 55-60 bar, watch for this as it will send the gun 'over'. I'd start at 80 bar and work up to get the best consistency.

Two things to be mindful of with a Huma is the gauges in the adjuster are generally very inaccurate and the run in time which can be up to a thousand shots.

When you fit it set it up then shoot a few rounds at a time to get it to settle in.

4. keithy

keithy Busy Member

So if i have got this right fill to 100bar set to say 11.5 ft lb then fire until the power starts to drop. This will be the ideal pressure for the regulator.?

I hope the huma runs more consistant than the vulcan i replaced the orings in the standard reg but when i tried to reassemble the inner core the new major oring was to big to allow it fit together. So i tried the one i had just taken off and this would not allow reassembly either!!! I tried to press the core in with a clamp but it just cut half a millimeter off the od of the oring!!! I ended up raiding my three o ring sets for a best fit as the two orings supplied in the oring kitkit for the outer od were also too big and were loose when fitted. The gun is abit erratic one mag is spot on for 6 out of ten shots then varies by half a foot pound in the remaing 4 shots so total spread per mag is 1 ft lb. The previouse owner said he had reduced the reg pressure to 120 bar to make it sub 12. The reason i changed the orings was the power was lowish for the first two shots then correct for the rest, if i left the rifle for 15 min then again the first two started low. Not what you want when rabbiting.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  5. bigal

bigal Jedi.

U got it. FPS drop shows wot psi needed b4 the drop.
    When a reg to hi. U find the guns running like it doesn't have 1 in it. So bad spread etc.
    Gun shoots low on first shot etc. It's showing the reg creeping. Hi/low psi on buildup. After first shot it's back to the right psi till it as time to build up again.
    Hammer can't open the valve 100% if psi goes to hi. When the hammer spring set 100% too. Al

keithy likes this.
  6. keithy

keithy Busy Member

Cheers for that al:loser:

7. bigal

bigal Jedi.

Welcome Keith. Good luck. ;) Al

Adieb1965 likes this.
  8. Bagster66

Bagster66 Engaging Member

@Blackmax. Is it just huma regulators that need running in? What about the HD Belleville washers for the HW100.
    Also in your sons .20 carbine did you use the original or HD Belleville?