1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Regulator Giveaway end date: 31st March 2014

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by poisedshot, Mar 12, 2014.

1. poisedshot

poisedshot Engaging Member

Hi guys, just wanted to fire off a reminder that our x2 Robert Lane Regulator giveaway has been set for the 31st of March (end of this month)
    The two winners will each win themselves a Robert Lane Mk5a Regulator which will be machined down by Robert himself to fit their specific airgun...

i know a few of you have posted some great reviews which is already making my life difficult - picking a winner is going to be a mamouth task...
    The site has come leaps and bounds so if you haven't checked it out yet, now might be a good time.

http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/

Regulator Giveaway Page Here: http://www.airriflereviews.co.uk/robert-lane-regulator-competition-air-rifle-reviews

ps if you can't find a product you want to write a review on specifically, contact me directly (info@airriflereviews.co.uk) and i will see what i can do to get it up there...

Thats all folks,
    cheers
    Andy.

2. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi Andy,

Are these new reviews or just written reviews added, I did a quick one on Roberts regulators btw.

Ps- do you own a regg'd fx2000 by any chance?

I'm going over to see Robert tomorrow to have my Fx reg'd and looked at.....

3. poisedshot

Hiya Tom, to qualify for the giveaway the reviews need to be original (not a copy and paste jobby from else where). All of the reviews submitted so far will be included in the giveaway (as this is the first giveaway we have done in the 4 months weve been live).

i do have a regged fx2000, you can see graphs and details here: http://www.fxoc.info/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2494

and i will eventually be adding a review on the regged version of my fx2000 when i get some free time, if you need ask any questions let me know! are you getting your fx2000 regged?

whilst your there get rob to have a look at your trigger for you ;) you can tell him i told you that too haha

cheers
    Andy

4. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Ahh yes, that's okay I don't do plagiarism :D
    I dropped it off at his "crib" :cool: at lunch time as i work 5mins away from him. He said he'll have a look at the trigger, fit a reg and mill the brass pressure gauge fitment (for some reason)
    Can't wait to get it back, as it will be quite frankly be the perfect hunter carbine classic rifle.
    I've seen your chrono results already, 250shots is sublime! I think I'll get 150-200 from my carbine, which is still very very good.

How do you find yours? (sorrybfor going off topic)
    Tom

5. poisedshot

Hey'up Tom, is that your fx2000 i saw in Robs latest video on atmospheric breath holes?
    and your right 231 shots actually but i couldnt carry that many rabbits back home with me, let alone fit them in the freezer :D

let us know how you guys got on with your fx
    atb
    Andy

6. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I'll have a look and see :D

Haven't used it yet as got it back last night, he's done some other work to it aswell :)

I'm getting 120 shots from it now....

7. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

hi,

right then, my fx is shooting a little different (aswell as obviously consistent and more shots).

he has,

polished the loading/bolt probe.
    chamfered and polished the rear of the barrel.
    changed the trigger spring to give a more crisp sort of feedback.
    made a delrin insert for the hammer head to reduce pingy noise (which it has done)
    made a delrin spring seat so its not able to catch etc....

getting a +-4fps variance over 120shots....

i think i may do a review of this in tabletop video form if that works on the website?
    whilst im at it i may review other rifles and some kit aswell.

i do have a youtube channel so i assume its okay to put it up there too?

cheers
    tom

8. poisedshot

Hey Tom, sorry for late response!

that delrin insert sounds like something i want done now!

4fps is so good, i remember my first fx2000 was doing the exact same (although un regged) with accupells :eek:

as for the video review, id recommend doing a write up for the review content and then you can also attach your video to your review when published, let us know what you think of that.
    ps. i heard you fx2000 is pristine condition! sounds like you have a keeper there... if you ever want to sell it you make sure you come to me first!!

cheers
    Andy

9. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Haha no worries, I'll try and get some written stuff done, videos are very time consuming.....

Who did you here that from? Robert said he thought is was looker :p
    You'll be 2nd in line, the original owner has 1st dibs :D

I'm not sure if I prefer the delrin hammer as it makes the noise change to a thud/fart as opossed to a PING!!!

He does great work, the Fx will have a v-mach shroud soon and that will be finished to the cylinder blueing standards

I may get him to do a few more things to other rifles (maybe even a shark innova aha)

10. poisedshot

whose doing the shroud for it? i contact asi regarding one and they ****** me around for a few months and in the end i cancelled it... then called up a shop in sweden (forget the same now) and they quoted me £125.00 for an original fx2000 shroud :eek:

silly money but i do want one...

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

V-mach/Steve pope Said £140 for one, but I asked for it to blued to the same standards as the cylinder, so probably the reason it's costs more.... Plus it should have baffles and hopefully a 1/2" unf