1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Reevo’s Hw45 Project

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Reevo17, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Evening all,
    So rather than post every other day with something I’ve done I thought I would condense it all into one project post that I would update.

a few weeks ago I picked up an HW45 from freeads for £125 posted. The chap selling it said it was his late fathers and needed a new spring as it hadn’t been used in a long time. It was cheap - almost too cheap but off went the money and I sat by the letter box in anticipation.

low and behold it was a lovely 1985 HW45 in a box (and not some turd or a big F U letter). This is one of the very first HW45s made and it has the character to show its age and beauty. The Dirty Harry holster was also included!

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/commu...g-to-buy-a-lottery-ticket-my-new-find.281186/

658410D4-FCA2-4C3E-B7C5-51868D156369.jpeg 8682FBBF-9D00-4E1E-BA26-431D98B93853.jpeg

After a few initial shots (it did work) I knew I’d have to strip it as it was full of oil and grease and dieselled.

I thought I’d try a TBT kit and Aussie red seal and set to work cleaning every part of this 34 year old beauty! Even oiling the grips 7B11C9EE-BA35-4C59-80AC-E81F1E013E9E.jpeg D0036AEF-A42F-4F34-A9E1-BCBB8E7F881F.jpeg

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/hw45-just-do-it-i’ve-done-it.284141/

surprisingly the 45 is very easy to strip with basic tools - follow this guide if you do!

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/weihrauchowners/viewtopic.php?t=18643

having previously had 2 black stars in .177 I was desperate to try a .22 barrel so ordered one up from SWS! Sure it’s a pistol, sure it’ll loop at that power but this was going to be a no pressure fun gun! And boy - I wasn’t disappointed!

.22 is so much easier to load and gives a whopping smack! Shooting a baked bean tin at 10m even at 4ftlb (old spring with coil removed for TBT guide space) it went through both sides!

After the strip it was like having a new pistol. No smoke, no dieselling, no loud crack and recoil like a 44 magnum. Just a gentle and silent kick in the hand - pure ecstasy!

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/super-windy-day-with-80-and-45.284228/

even on a windy day this was nearly on par with my HW40 at 10m!

B90E6A67-9D9A-4EFC-9CCE-665335905353.jpeg

this brings me on to present day.

I bought a 45 stock bracket recently and had an old butchered 77 stock waiting for great things in the shed.... well the two came together today.

I was using a sanding flapper disc in my bench drill as the paint stripper did nothing to it... well the flapper did a great job! Then onto the elbow grease of smoothing it all out, cutting the stock!! and shaping it to the pistol etc.... the hardest part was removing the raised cheek piece

the remains of the stock will be used for a testing surface for my next crazy idea.

5B9DDFBC-C093-4FAB-AE6B-5E9732B62735.jpeg 76DF4CCC-6495-424A-951D-AE97AE82BD33.jpeg AE6E91EC-F9B7-467A-95FD-95FD9E28F280.jpeg D9F52E85-C407-42CD-AB6B-ED42EAB0FCD1.jpeg 4B773F77-DC93-4F66-9677-ABBC2415E9B0.jpeg D00DA793-6C86-4C41-9B0D-E63258BAE30F.jpeg AA965035-E918-44BC-8209-66817D0657A0.jpeg

Now I appreciate that this is super compact and carbine, it was only done as a fun project. HW stock and I still have the butt pad to fit on too. The above is a modern stock that you can buy - a plank of walnut stained pine by the looks of it.... so I can easily replicate that if I find that this is too small etc...

just awaiting the stain so I can apply that then oil! I’ll let you into a secret.... it isn’t brown.... or black... or green!

I’ve also order some new grip screws and my black hogue grips arrived today also, although I have to wait a week for these. Sigh.

I’ve kept her original or easily reverted back to if needs be. She will never win a beauty contest but I can say that she is mine and I now know every part of her.

new piston seal, breech seal, transfer port seal and cylinder seal too! All the seals!

I have a new spring for her too if I ever want to chase the 6ftlb limit but for now she is shooting very sweetly I think I might just keep her where she is.

watch this space....

2. garryt

garryt Posting Addict

Nice job buddy......:thumb:

Blue BSA and Reevo17 like this.
  3. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Thanks matey!

Blue BSA and garryt like this.
  4. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Very Active

You win the internet for today. Bring it back by 5pm tomorrow with a full tank.

garryt and Reevo17 like this.
  5. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Haha cheers mate!

Blue BSA likes this.
  6. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Pro Poster

Nice :)

Reevo17 likes this.
  7. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Wow you have been busy. Whats it like with the stock on accuracy wise.

Blue BSA and Reevo17 like this.
  8. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Not tried it yet Pete.

Awaiting some black screws and stain first before I fully mount

Will report back when I do!

9. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Very Active

Does somebody make the bracket or was it one off the original HW45's stocks?

Reevo17 likes this.
  10. CaineIsCarter

CaineIsCarter Donator

Looks great. I have a new one (my third, will I ever learn)? on the way but I love the appearance of the older ones with the engraved lettering.

Reevo17 likes this.
  11. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Pass, I bought it from a member on here... mmamonster I think.

Tbh they’re easy to replicate if you had the set up

12. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

The grips are nice, my finger tip rests nicely my in it on the wrap around... consistent hold land mark

Hope the hogues are as nice!

13. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Which ones do you have?

14. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface hurrr duurrrr

Good stuff:)

Reevo17 likes this.
  15. CaineIsCarter

CaineIsCarter Donator

What I mean is, I’ve bought and sold two HW45s previously and regretted it each time :)

Reevo17 and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  16. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface hurrr duurrrr

Same here. I didnt 'get it' but now i do and regret it:D

Reevo17 and CaineIsCarter like this.
  17. Paul55

Paul55 Keyboard Hero

Great work mate. Really looking forward to the finished article.

Reevo17 likes this.
  18. CaineIsCarter

CaineIsCarter Donator

It’s strange; I returned to airgunning about 6 or 7 years ago as one in a long series of midlife crises and then sold up in disillusionment after a couple of years. I’m starting to sniff around again, and while I don’t regret selling any of the rifles I had, I’ve always hankered after another HW45.

I think it’s the sort of thing a lot of people with no other interest in shooting might buy. It’s just such a great bit of kit.

Rattymcrattyface and Reevo17 like this.
  19. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Same mate. The tbt guides and new seal (stops oil seeping last the hard plastic piston seal) really does turn this into a little gem!

20. Reevo17

Reevo17 Group therapy

Certainly is. Something you can put into a drawer (locked of course) for years and then bring our with the kids/ grandkids years later for a plink or hand down

Solid, reliable.