1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Recomondations

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by admuffin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. admuffin

admuffin Newbie

I am new to this site and think it is a brilliant one, The amount of information amazes me, But i was wondering if you would be able to help me i have £200 to spend on a second rifle, i already have the hw95 whitc i think is top notch for the money, i am looking for something that can pick off small quarry at about 25yds e.g birds or rats.
    I am open to any suggestions put forward but would prefer a rifle complete with a scope already, i have been looking for a while and earmarked a couple i like what do you guys think of the Gamo Vipermax winter blues beater [​IMG]

I am open to suggetions so whatever you can think of. Cheeers Aidan

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Well I had a quick look on Airgunbuyer for you and this is what I've come up with :

- Crosman Ratcatcher Night Hunter Kit - includes .22 Crosman Ratcatcher, 4x32 scope, class 3a laser, flashlight and mounts (I think) - £199

- Industry Brand (actually called SMK) XS78 Deluxe Kit - includes .22 XS78 CO2 rifle, 4x32 scope and mounts - £129

Other than those two there arn't many kits going for under £200, but the ones I mentioned will be fine.

The Gamo you said about will also be good for the money.

Any of these three will be a good buy, but I would recommend the Crosman or Gamo over the SMK CO2 kit.

James.

3. David

David Engaging Member

Welcome on board mate. I agree with Paperbag Writer, the Crossman Ratcatcher is a good buy but you will also need CO2 capsules in addition to your kit but I dont think they are that expensive the gun is light and easy to use

David

4. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Well nothing can touch your 95k for £200.
    So unless you want a rifle thats not as good as the one you have save your money. :D

Or buy a nice £200 scope for it.

5. co2forguns

co2forguns Member

Hi

the xs78 is an excellent choice, powerfull and acurate, get the silencer, its very quiet, get your co2 @ blank

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Is it right that people can just join this forum to self promote ?

7. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Paperbag, he has been warned, and the posts have been edited. I was tempted to ban.