1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Recomondations

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by admuffin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. admuffin

admuffin Newbie

I am new to this site and think it is a brilliant one, The amount of information amazes me, But i was wondering if you would be able to help me i have £200 to spend on a second rifle, i already have the hw95 whitc i think is top notch for the money, i am looking for something that can pick off small quarry at about 25yds e.g birds or rats.
    I am open to any suggestions put forward but would prefer a rifle complete with a scope already, i have been looking for a while and earmarked a couple i like what do you guys think of the Gamo Vipermax winter blues beater [​IMG]

I am open to suggetions so whatever you can think of. Cheeers Aidan

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Well I had a quick look on Airgunbuyer for you and this is what I've come up with :

- Crosman Ratcatcher Night Hunter Kit - includes .22 Crosman Ratcatcher, 4x32 scope, class 3a laser, flashlight and mounts (I think) - £199

- Industry Brand (actually called SMK) XS78 Deluxe Kit - includes .22 XS78 CO2 rifle, 4x32 scope and mounts - £129

Other than those two there arn't many kits going for under £200, but the ones I mentioned will be fine.

The Gamo you said about will also be good for the money.

Any of these three will be a good buy, but I would recommend the Crosman or Gamo over the SMK CO2 kit.

James.

3. David

David Engaging Member

Welcome on board mate. I agree with Paperbag Writer, the Crossman Ratcatcher is a good buy but you will also need CO2 capsules in addition to your kit but I dont think they are that expensive the gun is light and easy to use

David

4. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Well nothing can touch your 95k for £200.
    So unless you want a rifle thats not as good as the one you have save your money. :D

Or buy a nice £200 scope for it.

5. co2forguns

co2forguns Member

Hi

the xs78 is an excellent choice, powerfull and acurate, get the silencer, its very quiet, get your co2 @ blank

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Is it right that people can just join this forum to self promote ?

7. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

Paperbag, he has been warned, and the posts have been edited. I was tempted to ban.