1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Reblue a 77K

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by welshrune, Jan 13, 2014.

1. welshrune

welshrune Member

Hi everybody, can somebody point me too a service can can reblue a 77? I've been given Colin Malloys number but his number is unobtainable. Can somebody PM me it please or kindly offer the name of a company that can do.

Very grateful everybody,

2. doodsy

doodsy Donator

have you googled for it mate, might be worth a go :confused:

3. doodsy

doodsy Donator

4. welshrune

welshrune Member

Been googling for a week, spoke to one guy in N Wales who did shotguns but he said we wouldn't touch airguns as he would be wanting £100 plus. Thanks also for the link. Cheers!

5. walker

walker Busy Member

colin molloy. ring manchester airguns. they'll put you onto him. no one will do a better job than him.

6. oldbugger

oldbugger Donator

can vouch for colin molloys work,...i got an s410 off biz on here that was done by him....miles deep bluing ...the guy does top notch work :up:

7. welshrune

welshrune Member

HI, the number Manchester kindly gave me is the same number ive had on here and when I ring it its unobtainable. Any more ideas? Really appreciate any advice guys.

8. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Colin told me he was going to be packing it in because of the H&S issues he was getting - those chemical tanks are pretty nasty and the environmental hazards that go with them. He was starting to come under fire to comply with a host of regulations - he had gone under the radar before that.

Have you tried asking Tony Wall at Sandwell Fieldsports?

9. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

Try this adress , The Smithy , 2 crown st, Failswortth , Manchester , M35 9BD ,

TEL 07565 582549 ,

10. ricky

ricky Engaging Member

I think its a bit iffy posting his address on the forum unless its a buisiness address, a mobile is one thing but i think pm welshrune his address would be more appropiate.

Comment retracted as i believe it is a buisiness address

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  11. ricky

ricky Engaging Member

There is a guy either on here or B*S who i beleive does bluing, goes by name RICHARDH

12. JD

JD Donator

I've posted a thread with details of a firm that offers a blacking service, and some other interesting finishing processes.

13. Quentyn

Quentyn Engaging Member

I think you will find that a full reblue will be 100UKP+ anyway

I looked into it a while back and it is not cheap

14. cadman_4

cadman_4 Member

I can vouch for RichardH his work is to a very high standard. I have his mobile number and address if you need it. Richard quoted me £55 for a straight forward however it cost me an extra tenner as my BSA looked like it had been living in the sea for the last ten years

15. valboskie

valboskie Busy Member

Richardh quo ed me £45 for a full reblu of an hw97
    Collin malloy quoted £60 for the same rifle
    I might be wrong but someone suggested shuan at isp I think it was at the time.
    You had to just send the parts for bluing
    I hope this helps
    http://www.isp-airrifles.com/page17.htm
    Colin malloy

16. cadman_4

cadman_4 Member

I tried Shaun who came highly recommended. However he had so much work on that he couldn't work on my rifle last year so Richard got the work

17. welshrune

welshrune Member

Thanks everybody, definitely needs doing so as Colin out of picture I have some more options. Cheers all!

18. Rikard

Rikard Engaging Member

I have just been reliably informed by a very well known company that Colin is definitely still doing the blueing and is fully compliant with all Environmental requirements as they have just been on the phone to him this morning using the number 07565 582549