1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Ratting with Ferrets??

Discussion in 'Ferreting' started by Welshbloke, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

2. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

i use them in the loft, got a bit panicky the with my young large hob as the rat was nigh on size with him. but all credit to him, so friendly my 3 year old plays with him, when he works hes a demon.

great little animals

3. airhard

airhard Busy Member

Yes no better sport, the chances of loosing a ferret to the terriers in the heat of the moment is high and you can't bring strange terriers into the pack, i've also had ferrets jib after 2 or 3 seasons if they're worked to hard on rats but have still been ok for rabbiting, great video it's nice to see Bedlingtons at work, i run a pack of white lakelands.

4. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

Touch wood havent lost any to the dogs as there pretty much all broke to stock (famous last words!!), do you do other dog work aswell airhard?
    We use the Beddys on a rough shoot aswell flushing fox to guns, think there making a bit of a comeback more and more lads after working pups these days but they are still hard to find that dont look like poodles! Mine has a bit of Fell in her.

5. downtheshed

downtheshed Well-Known Member

Great couple of vids mate. I have a mate in Swansea with a pair of working Beddys. Great dogs and really underestimated imo. Thanks for posting them. If you ever have any more be sure to post them or link us to the youtube site.

6. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Came across a video on youtube of some lads using a team of Plummer terriers on a rat colony.Fantastic to watch,great looking dogs too.
    Regards,Stu.

7. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

Not Mull by any chance mate?

8. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

9. airhard

airhard Busy Member

Yes my terriers main job is ground work, every few years there's a rise in the popularity of Beddys then it dies again i've seen a couple work that aren't bad but many are to big for serous ground work, imho they make the best lurchers, i know a lot of terrier men from down you're way and judged many shows throughout Wales.

10. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

Yeah i know what your saying, seen a few Beddys above and below doing a job but everyone goes for the Patts and Lakies due to the size also there seems to be quite a big ego that comes with the old Bedlington for some reason! , i'm quite new to the game did it a few years ago and then fishing took over so really only know a few lads with the Terriers and they nearly have all Beddys or Beddy/Fell crosses, do you still do the shows down this way?

11. downtheshed

Yep, I haven't seen him for a couple of years now but I know he was 100 miles an hour about it then. I've looked at some of your other YT vids.....that's not Spencer in one of them is it?

12. Welshbloke

Welshbloke Donator

Yes mate it is, do you know anyone who struggled to pendulum cast with a tip tornado lite by any chance ;)

13. downtheshed

Nah................don't know who that is.................git:(

14. airhard

airhard Busy Member

Not much, i still get asked from time to time but i'm very choosy these days.