1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Ratcatcher Hell

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Stickofdynamite, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Stickofdynamite

Stickofdynamite Engaging Member

Saw a nice ratcatcher in an ad on noseybook and duly went and bought it. Was looking forward to getting out and giving it a go, but decided that I would be better waiting till the following day.

While killing time I scanned another few pages on noseybook and saw an ad on another page, the same gun but saying on the ad that it needed a seal. A bit p****d of about this I gave the guy a phone and asked about it. Indeed he confirmed that it did need a seal but he assured me that it was an easy job and that he would give me a hand. I bought the seal kit as recommended by him and it arrived in the post. Tonight I thought I would give it a go having bought a ratcatcher tuning dvd. Got all the tools out, dvd on and a beer out of the fridge.

Stripping it down wasn't a problem.

[​IMG]

Got it in bits in no time. Upshot of it all is that, it doesn't look like it is any of the seals in the kit that was at fault.

8 cans of beer later the gun is still in bits, abusive message left on the guy who sold me it's phone, I've lost the tiny spring and ballbearing from the safety catch and the ratty is in a box as I had to stop before I started smashing my house to pieces.

[​IMG]

Any1 know where I can order a the components for the safety catch and a valve stem seal while I recharge my patience.

Almost at my wits end.

2. shears20

shears20 Donator

:D Sorry pal but I couldn't help but laugh at this one.. not the seal situation but the whole spring/BB part.. Anyone who has ever dismantled a ratty for the first time has had dramas with them little s.o.b' s.. Not really sure which seal your missing maybe a picture of the ones you have will help.. as for the spring and BB.. they can be bought on ebay or drop Droid a private message. :up:

3. mazzachief

mazzachief Engaging Member

4. Stickofdynamite

Lol, I'm laughing myself, either that or I'd be in tears.

5. Stickofdynamite

Cheers for that, I have had a quick look. I see that a valve stem is £8. I take it that I'd be better buying the whole valve stem rather than trying to get a seal for the 1 I've got?

6. shears20

shears20 Donator

I've been there.. haha you should be okay with just the seal but could be best to be safe than sorry..

7. Stickofdynamite

I think I'll buy the whole valve stem, lol.

8. Stickofdynamite

And I've learned something "never waste time looking for the safety spring and ball bearing". Lol.

9. Ganton Gunner

Ganton Gunner Super Duper Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

my best advice is to avoid ratcatchers they are horrible guns and no-one should own them they are a drain on your life and your wallet

10. saddler1980

saddler1980 Busy Member

I think the problems may have a little to do with the 8 tins of beer tbh.....

11. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

Mine no longer has a safety catch as I'm almost sure that my other half found that particular spring and bb with the hoover before I could find it!! Lol

12. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Droid has them he sells them on ebay and his own tinterweb shop.

13. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Next time you strip it do it inside a large, clear polythene bag which will catch all the little parts that seem to want to fly off into the darkest, dirtiest corners of the workshop. Probably also a good idea to drink tea instead of beer as well :D

14. Stickofdynamite

Lol, I reckon that you are probably right Terry. I am just of the phone to gmac and ordered a valve stem and the safety catch accessories. The guy was mega helpful and a pleasure to speak with. He told me that when I put the safety back together to put a little Vaseline on the ball bearing and spring and I'll never loose them again. Sounds like a top tip to me. Hopefully get the parts tomorrow and then round 2 either Sunday night or Monday, oh dear, lol.

15. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Ditto ;) :)

16. mazzachief

mazzachief Engaging Member

glad you got sorted pal, gmac are great very helpful :)
    atb