1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Rage Against The Machinery Part .22.

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by hairyarms, Jun 29, 2019.

1. hairyarms

hairyarms .

I took my new .22 TX200HC to the farm this morning.
    It was so much easier and nicer to shoot than the .177 and I have noticed since I stopped fitting a sling to my rifles I don’t knock them about as much, a sling tends to snag on things and I have dropped my rifle on occasions when it has slipped off my shoulder.

People also say these TX’s are hold sensitive and have a slow firing cycle but I don’t do too bad with mine and I ain’t that good a shot.

622D01BC-AB71-4A74-A811-878BEC915BC6.jpeg D3BE674A-DB1A-4555-BE21-B4962CD89A23.jpeg 2088655D-6823-48DC-ADC2-A2D233D83AA8.jpeg

2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Very nice and I also prefer .22 in a springer :thumb:

3. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Nobody's honkin' Manilow

One piece mount looks the b******s. Something about them. Must order one.:up:

PumpnGun likes this.
  4. greyskull

greyskull Busy Member

'Rifle against a tree' fair enough :thumb:
    BUT, rifle on a poo ball ???, or am I not seeing the bigger picture here ?:confused::facepalm:
    I do love a Tx, no matter where it is :D

5. hairyarms

hairyarms .

As much as I like the .177's flatter shooting .22 in springers is better you are dead right.

They are great and like you say look good too.

There is a lot of poo at a beef farm mate if I was worried about getting it on me or my rifle I think it's time to pack it in.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Very nice mate, and great shooting too!

7. hairyarms

hairyarms .

Thanks Mikey it wasn't too bad the pellet on the right was the marker pellet and the wind slightly took the group to the left but for a bog standard TX that's not even bedded in yet I can't complain.

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  8. rizla1

rizla1 hi

Nice gun :thumb:

hairyarms likes this.
  9. Wofty

Wofty Cleverer than the average bear Booboo!

I'm having visions of you getting stuck going through a gate like a labrador with a big stick:D

10. hairyarms

hairyarms .

Yes mate farmyards are a dangerous place when you are a clumsy git like me!

androids0711 likes this.
  11. dougs

dougs Member

Yep, that really does look like a quality built bit of kit, bloody lovely!. When you say 'it was so much easier and nicer to shoot than the .177' are you referring to the same rifle but in .177 calibre - TX200HC .177? or is this the general opinion that sub 12 fpe .22 calibre spring guns are 'nicer'/softer to shoot than the .177's?. I have a very clean .22 Webley Xocet carbine which is really nice, but I'm wanting the same in .177 for the flatter shooting trajectory. Does this come with the cost of 'harsher' shot's?

hairyarms likes this.
  12. rabbitcatcher

rabbitcatcher Engaging Member

was reading the late john darlings book the other day and he said he didn't like sling on his rifle because of the problems you mentioned!As a .22 springer shooter myself I would try some jsb express 14.35g and falcon acc plus at 13.43g and see how you go.

13. hairyarms

hairyarms .

Yes mate I have owned a few underlevers (HW97's and TX200HC's/full length) in .177 and .22 and I much prefer the .22's, the pellets are a lot easier to load and they also shoot a lot nicer/softer. I also find the .22's don't get blown about so much in the wind but the main thing I like about .22 is I zero it at 25 yards it isn't as loopy as everyone thinks I can aim more or less dead on from 10 yards to 30 it's only after 30 yards it drops like a stone.

The other reason I like .22 is the safety aspect the .22 doesn't ping all over the place like a .177 when I am shooting arounds barns and farm buildings and plinking at targets is a lot more fun aswell the bigger pellet knocks things about more and a lot of the time I can watch the pellet fly through the air which is also good fun the down side is the cost if the pellets but .177's are catching up these days.

The first really good air rifle I bought was a .177 Webley and Scott Exocet, I had it tuned by Sandwell field sports and it was a great rifle another one I shouldn't have sold :facepalm:.

Yes mate it is much safer just holding the TX but it does get a bit knackering if I have a walk over the fields. I was using JSB RS in .22 in my HW97 and they were great infact they were the reason I got rid of the .22 97 and tried a .177 again they were shooting at about 610 fps and gave the 97 a really nice shot cycle.
    Here is a thread about them it's in the hunting section though https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/punching-above-their-weight.256894/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    rabbitcatcher and Cochise like this.
  14. RagnarHairybreeks

RagnarHairybreeks Keyboard Hero

I do like a TX, built like a tank. Nice rifle Sir.

The only downside for me is the fish scaling, but that is just petty on my part.

hairyarms likes this.
  15. hairyarms

hairyarms .

I agree mate I much prefer the older stocks they looked nicer and handled better aswell. They are a great rifle though and the weight doesn't bother me but as I get older that might change!

androids0711 likes this.
  16. thumbhole

thumbhole Posting Addict

Looking nice Micah, hope you keep this one a little longer. :thumb:

hairyarms likes this.
  17. androids0711

androids0711 Engaging Member

you have a superb gun there ...but im sure youve worked that out. so easy to clean and work on too. I had a .22 and a 177 both full length and loved them both. definitely regret selling most of my gun but unfortunately with kids(27-32 mind you) and grand kids there are many calls on finance. Enjoy!!

18. hairyarms

hairyarms .

Thanks mate, yes they are great rifles especially in .22 Sorry to hear you have sold them.

19. Fusty Fieldcrafter

Fusty Fieldcrafter Busy Member

Gotta love a tx. Mine isn't shooting as constistantly since I short stroked it. Must have done something wrong.
    I agree with you that the older stocks handle better. I bought a new style one for mine 'cos I loved the look but I sold it after a week as in my opinion it felt a lot heavier and wasn't balanced. Hey ho... can't win them all.

20. hairyarms

hairyarms .

I did a fair bit of faffing about short stroking my old .177 TX. I was only using alu extensions though and they say longer latch rods are better. I got fed up of messing with it in the end and went back to a standard stroke and piston weight.

I owned that .177 for about 10 years and that was all I shot, I didn't go to any clubs or come on a forum so I thought it was the best springer you could buy and looking back it probably was.

Here is my older .22 TX.

image.jpeg

Cochise likes this.