1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

R10 Or Fx Wildcat?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Roger65, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Roger65

Roger65 Engaging Member

Out of the R10 super carbine & the Fx wildcat (both .22) which ones best for hunting?

2. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Personally I would now go R10, purely as a lefty I cannot get as nice a cheek weld that I can on a R10. In terms of ability there's nothing in it....depends if you want bullpup or a more traditional look. Both have a high shot count.

3. Roger65

Roger65 Engaging Member

I have a R10 but just love the look of the wildcat, although I’ve never even touched one. Also like the cocking lever.

4. Drake267

Drake267 Big Poster

Ive had both, loved the concept of the wildcat but like Tim, its awkward to get a consistent cheek weld, a normal rifle is much more comfortable. Saying that ive had two r10's and whilst probably one of the comfiest rifles ive had, they were both pants. You couldnt give me another but thats just hit and miss. The guys who have good ones love them. Just to add too, one of mine had been huma regged and tuned. Not sure how good the lad who tuned it actually was though. Would have a wildcat over an r10. Nice little rifles.

Rapids and hw100's all the way for me now. Though i would have have an fx impact in a heartbeat!

Bagster66 and Tim_B like this.
  5. Oat

Oat Very Active

FX Crown?

6. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

I often take my R10 & Wildcat to various permissions.

Both rigs will do the business.

The Wildcat is great for sitting in hides or woods walking.

Drake267, Tim_B and littleJon365 like this.
  7. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Depends wjatnfor and what suits your and your style. Very hard question to answer.
    Owned both and I like the Wildcat bit it won’t be for everyone. I used to use a Wildcat for my perm and barn work, handy little thing, big shot count and compact. That’s what I’d have from the two

Drake267 and Shoto1 like this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I’m sure both would be great, but I can personally vouch for the R10 - great rifles providing you get a good one of course....

Shoto1 likes this.
  9. brent

brent Engaging Member

Sold my wildcat after 6 weeks we didn't get on having said that it was nice handling rifle

10. raven hunter

raven hunter Posting Addict

I'v had both my first R10 was not to bad but sold that and had a wildcat, missed the R10 so had a second one had a JB tune on it and will keep this one, but the wildcat i sold on just not for me .

11. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Yes, all day long over the other two...as hw100's and rapid are. For me anyway.

12. Oat

Oat Very Active

I have not tried a crown but would like to some time. Im not sure about the whole FX hype, smooth twist, barrel liners etc. I am however ripe for such education and experience :)

13. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Sub 12ft lb and all the adjustments are a tad wasted. The barrel systems are awesome in fac - I haven't heard of a bad one, but the sub 12 are very hit and miss...although the later ones seem to be a lot better now they have changed the reg. my .177 barrel is actually a LW, the .22 is the Fx barrel - both are accurate now. The stock is the main reason I persevered with it, it's lovely.

I'm often in Maidenhead, so if you are close to there we could meet at richings.....

Thanks
    Tim B

Oat and Jeffsy like this.
  14. carnivore

carnivore Big Poster

I have both the R10 and the Wildcat. The accuracy of the R10 is excellent thanks to XTX but walnut stock is too nice to risk in a hunting context so it sits indoors. It is, for me, too heavy and cumbersome and precious but would probably be my choice in a benchrest situation. My FX Wildcat is also laser accurate (I let it down occasionally) and can be carried easily for long periods. Being synthetic I can put it down on the ground without getting uptight about it. Horses for courses.

Edit: My R10 is not a carbine model. I failed to read the original post correctly.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Tim_B and Shoto1 like this.
  15. jeffh70

jeffh70 Engaging Member

I have had two R10,s but next will be a Wildcat

16. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Posting Addict

I have both and they are both great rifles in their own way. For hunting I’d say the Wildcat takes it for the sheer lightweight and pointability of it. If you struggle for a good cheek weld use an MTC Viper Connect which sits aginst your eyebrow and gives you a really solid hold to shoot from. I use mine mainly for hide shooting and night use with a Yukon Photon, so to switch between the two scopes I fitted a picatinny rail to it. The Photon is quite heavy with range finder and IR light attached so the lightness of the Fx helps a lot. You really have to get to grips with both to see how they feel to you, as obviously it’s a very personal thing

17. ChrisKz

ChrisKz Posting Addict

I like the wildcat . not got the R10 .. but as always .. would sooner take kozzie out , specially as you can buy 2 for the price of one Wildcat

18. 32:1

32:1 Theoben user

Ive had both, I agree with the cheek thing with the wildcat, It was super pellet fussy and I never felt comfortable shooting it, perhaps thats years of rifles !
    I had some poor r10's though, and thought you couldn't buy a good one, until I stumbled on a used one locally, its simply like a laser, super accurate and Im well happy.

Id say take your pick as both can be good and each has their own merits, but there like chalk n cheese, so think about where and what your useing them for

Chris

19. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

Always one

HW100

20. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

My mate has both
    He would pick the R10 but his is .177 so he doesn’t miss much
    His laminate wildcat .22 looks cool weighs a tonne and needed some fettling from new but hits hard and sounds great
    Decisions decisions