1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Qys Pellets

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by pjgtech, Apr 25, 2021.

1. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

I think there's been a few reviews of these, but I'll add my hat to the ring too.
    As people know, these pellets are made in China and were originally quite cheap. However prices have now crept up and are about the same as other good quality pellets, JSB, H&N, RWS, AADF, etc.

I've actually had this tin of Qys pellets (Diablo - 8.48g - 0.177) for about a year, but I just never seemed to get round to using them, plus the lockdown has limited shooting opportunities, etc. But, now that we are back shooting again I decided to give them a proper try out....

In the tin they do appear to be very well made, very consistent, none appear to be marked, deformed, no pellet skirts squashed, etc. Maybe I've been lucky but my tin looks like a really nice tin of pellets.

NB: couple of things to note, first off is that I am posting some pictures of groups that I managed to shoot with these pellets, and I am the first to state that I am no marksman, no sniper, not a super dooper shot. I am a very average shot (at best) and if I try really hard I can get consistent groups, but I do get the odd flyer and its almost always my fault.

I can get reasonable groups at 25 and 30yds, (usually all pellets touching, eg: a "cloverleaf" group. although I sometimes get two (or rarer, three) pellets to go through the same hole, I tend to not get many one hole groups (as many others claim).
    I deffo have to concentrate harder at longer distances. At 35m I'm ok (ish), but at longer ranges my groups do tend to open up. Our max available range is 48yds.

Secondly, I do not size, weigh, lube, sort or otherwise "fettle" my pellets.
    Been there, done that, and IMHO life is just too short.
    I'm not good enough for those activities to make me a significantly better shot. So I don't bother, but hey, if it works for you, fill ya boots.... :thumb:

These groups were all shot at my local open air range, so subject to varying winds, mostly light breezes, other people chatting in my ear whilst trying to concentrate, and a rickety, shared, shooting platform, etc.
    Ok, got all my excuses out of the way, so now here's the groups I shot.

Pro sport at 35yds (I think this was about 10 shots)
    AA Pro Sport 35yds Qys_1.jpg AA Pro Sport 35yds Qys_2.jpg

Kral NP02 at 35yds ( These were full mags, 3d printed by Carm, so 11 shots each)
    kral np02 qys pellets apr2021_1.jpg kral np02 qys pellets apr2021_2.jpg

Weihrauch HW100 TH at 35 yds, (This was a full mag, so 14 shots.)
    hw100 qys pellets apr2021.jpg

Another Pro Sport group at 35yds (Five shots, with two shots through the same hole)
    pro sport qys group apr 2021_2 (1).jpg pro sport qys group apr 2021_2 (2).jpg

AA s410 TDR at our max range = 48yrds. This is the worst group, but in my defence, I did say my groups tend to open up after 30 yrds, (but for me, this is a good group at our max range). I did shoot a group with the TDR at 35yrds, similar to the better (closer) groups above, eg: a cloverleaf type group, but I can't find the bloody photo! :facepalm:
    AA s410TDR 48yds apr2021.jpg

The Qys pellets fitted all my barrels fine, none were too loose or too tight, all thumbed in nicely.

So were these pellets better than other pellets that I have used? Erm, well I tend to use JSB Diablo pellets 8.44 in 0.177 and the Qys pellets were about the same accuracy wise.

So do I recommend these pellets, yes. :thumb:

They do seem to be good quality, well made and consistent. But for me, only offer the same level of accuracy as my normal JSB's. Not better, but also not worse. So I'll shop around, and if I can find some good deals on them, I'll be buying a few more tins.... :up:

Hope the info is useful to someone.... :)

2. Boysey

Boysey Keyboard Hero

Equally as good as JSB, and would agree with most comments. A nice addition to what's available on the market.
    Tried both the 8.4 and 9.6 (so called heavy) and both suit....and are as good as any.... in any rifle. (clean and very sorted)
    Very impressed......
    To be honest, been shooting them today at 45 yards in all my rifles and no worse than my considered best available.....(Daystate range masters) "effectively JSB's
    Not all stuff from China is rubbish.
    So a up from me!

Markymark1974 and pjgtech like this.
  3. Markymark1974

Markymark1974 Engaging Member

Yeah they look well made and finished but they do cost a bit more than JSB's. I think the price difference will make people stick with JSB's after people have tried a couple of tins of QYS.

pjgtech and Ginnel Gunner like this.
  4. ukzero1

ukzero1 Posting Addict

Nr. Pontefract. West Yorkshire. BASC member
    I have 2 tins of QYS in .177. and both are packs of 500 pellets. When I say tins, one is exactly that, a tin with screw down lid. The other is a clear plastic tub and both bought from RFD just 10 days apart. Both are the same pellet (QYS Domed) and both are the same weight (8.48g) and I can't see any reason for changing the packaging. I used to use AADF's through the R10se and they were producing acceptable groups, but, the QYS are giving me tighter groups and better accuracy over 35 yards. Now the AADF's are my secondary go-to pellet.

As for cost, they were a tenner for a 'tub' of 500.

pjgtech and Markymark1974 like this.
  5. pjgtech

pjgtech I shoot, therefore I aim......

The plastic tins are the old containers I think, as they seem to have metal tins now, with screw down lid! :up:

Markymark1974 and ukzero1 like this.
  6. tivoli09

tivoli09 Engaging Member

My local RFD charges £9.65 for the JSB's......£9.75 for the QYS,both 500 tins...no difference really...I actually use H/N FTT which are only £8.15 for 500...spot on for my Falcon Prairie,after that the QYS's

7. cozzamec

cozzamec Posting Addict

I've got three plastic tubs of these that I'm also going to try in my pro sport when I get the chance

8. CJD

CJD Posting Addict

Good price for pellets that - it’s a shame more RFD’s can’t match them.

9. tivoli09

tivoli09 Engaging Member

Only found the shop by accident,it doesn't have any name in it's title relating to airguns,They don't sell any really top end guns but have oodles of accesories:cool:,do many use the ''oodle'' word anymore:rolleyes:..anyway the shop is NM Products,Hackenthorpe,Sheffield...hope it's not against the rules to say,I have no involvement:thumb:

pjgtech, CJD and Markymark1974 like this.
  10. Markymark1974

Markymark1974 Engaging Member

Yep interesting about the prices. I've found online they're generally about £12 a tin. Saying that I did order some pointed QYS from Sheffield Air Rifles and I think they were about a tenner a tin for the QYS pointed heavies.

I'll have to see how much B.A.R charge...

Yep that's it NMproducts as mentioned above also known as Sheffield Air Rifles.

I have some in plastic and some in metal tins too..

I think the hardest ones to find are the Domed heavy. When I was searching I found literally one or 2 places that sold them. I think maybe the streamlined and streamlined heavy are more popular.

pjgtech and tivoli09 like this.
  11. CJD

CJD Posting Addict

Yeah, its also known as Sheffield Air Rifles - I get my R10 pistol Pellets from them.

pjgtech and tivoli09 like this.
  12. Steve Anderson

Steve Anderson Growing old disgracefully

I use the streamlined 9.56 in my hw100 and my goldstar se for HFT, unfortunately in my ultimate sporter they're only 3rd best after jsb and aa. Still a bloody good pellet.

pjgtech likes this.