1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Quick targeting with a scope

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by David, Jun 18, 2007.

1. David

David Engaging Member

Have you ever wondered how you can quickly aquire a target with a scope mounted to your rifle just like you can with open sights?......no then here's how you do it

Keep both eyes open when you see your quarry!!
    keep both eyes open when looking through your scope
    you will see a double picture of your target, one bigger than the other
    line them up, aim, and shoot.

If for a variety of reasons they dont line up use your unscoped eye to point the scoped eye in the right direction, when you have a double picture of your target you can close the unscoped eye if you wish

A word of warning, when you are hunting for prey you should always shoot with both eyes open. this is for safety so that you dont shoot something or someone as they cross your firing line, two eyes are better than one

Hope this was usefull

David

2. topcat

topcat Post Whore

oneeye

allways done ok with one eye tried in the past with both eyes and find it very awkward

3. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

re, quick accuisition

i here what you,re saying , when i first started ft i found it hard to locate the target. however over the years my target acquisition has got better and better, now when i point my rifle at a target i always find the target first time. not nessessarily with the x hairs on the target but with the target in my feild of view.and after many times trying the both eye open concept i still shoot, both in the field and on hft, with one eye closed

4. topcat

topcat Post Whore

oneeye

well said brother

5. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I'M blind in my right eye.
    so i'll stick with what i'v got,i think.:D

6. topcat

topcat Post Whore

eyeeye

hope you are left handed mate

7. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

No i am right handed.had to learn to shoot all over again.Got there now.(just).:):):)

8. David

David Engaging Member

Im sorry to hear that you have one eye steve410. just shows this sport is for anyone who tries even if they have a disability

I salute you

9. topcat

topcat Post Whore

eyeeye

well done steve410 goodluck mate

10. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Thank you one and all .:wave: