1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question For The Laminate Stock Makers.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Tricky13, May 17, 2018.

1. Tricky13

Tricky13 Post Whore

I will be making a new stock for my DS mk4 at some point soon, I want to use a coloured laminate, and Lamina seems the best option but I just wanted to ask those that buy from them
    am I better off getting the double sized blanks rather than the single stock size,
    One reason is colour, but I am not sure if you can truly get two stock out of the double, I will be
    making an FT-style so depth is a consideration.

2. Tricky13

Tricky13 Post Whore

Anyone?

3. Jack's Da

Jack's Da Donator

I'm no expert but the stock maker I've dealt with in the past used to comfortably get two stocks out of a double

4. jimbouk

jimbouk Donator

It depends on the rifle and stock your doing. I recently got a double blank and will easily get 2 out of it. I would have thought you would be fine to get 2 as mk4 is not that deep.

Just be sensible about where you cut the hamster and other ft bits out from. Draw it all out before and think you will be ok.

The double blank sizes are on the site. If you want to check before ordering stick some a4 together, mark the blank size out then mark the stocks out on it.

Tricky13 likes this.
  5. Tricky13

Tricky13 Post Whore

Good point, I'll design something I like and see if I can get two out of the blank, just thought I would be lazy and ask first, its a shame that you cant get a single stock blank in the more colourful laminates

6. sarfarm

sarfarm Well-Known Member

Why do people want plywood stocks?

7. Tricky13

Tricky13 Post Whore

Err have you ever seen a nicely made coloured laminate stock?

8. sidney

sidney Post Whore

Beauty is in the eye etc etc.
    They bring to mind blobs of different coloured plasticine squished together. But it keeps the wheels of innovation turning I suppose.

9. Tricky13

Tricky13 Post Whore

Good analogy, although a nice piece of decent walnut can look great if a good shape, I think I would still prefer coloured laminate, just not too many colours.

sidney likes this.
  10. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

mainly because the weight makes them more stable, they are mostly target rifles

11. Regal Man

Regal Man Post Whore

I do prefer walnut, but if i was offered a 97K .20 in a blue laminate, brand new i could be tempted, to buy a second gun.