1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question For Impact Owners

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by metalman, Feb 11, 2019.

1. metalman

metalman Keyboard Hero

Whilst reading about this model and watching videos, i see shooters using an Atlas bipod. The pod seems fine for bench rest but appears to be somewhat limited in elevation. Would this be a hindrance when shooting prone out in the field or do some use a conventional pod like a Harris.
    Your thoughts please
    Rich

2. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Big Poster

The ATLAS extends far enough for most prone work, the problem you will always have with a Harris is the rail interface, the converter from stud to Weaver is a bodge at best.

Better to buy a good quality ATLAS copy IMO than fudge fit a Harris, alternatively just buy and fit the best, ACCUTAC!

biggeorge and metalman like this.
  3. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

I use one in the field as well as on the bench, normal situations with the legs angled forward and legs extended if need be.
    Out in the field if more elevation is needed I just bring the legs back in a notch so they are upright, with the legs extended to the max it’s more than enough to shoot comfortably prone, any more than that it’s off sticks.

metalman likes this.
  4. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

Rich the legs do extend if that’s what you mean
    And they also tilt if you slack the big nut underneath

mmamonster and metalman like this.
  5. marky t

marky t Engaging Member

Just get a copy Atlas they are really good on the impact

mmamonster, metalman and Marky-Boy like this.
  6. Jasglo68

Jasglo68 Its not about the size it’s where u put it !!

9FEDA11A-F380-4517-8571-2B74F2A829AE.png DB8FA86E-C6E8-4460-A698-2833A44C81C7.png Atlas (copy) looks good on anything. I’ve got two on fx’s and a mate of mine has one on an R10.

metalman, Marky-Boy and PumpnGun like this.
  7. Simonix

Simonix Engaging Member

Must admit, I really like the atlas style of bipod. And I agree with the above that they seem to look good on most guns.

I’ve even got one on my Ultra....

Attached Files:

8. Tim_B

Tim_B Big Poster

^^^This.

I bought an atlas copy (£32) from Amazon just to see if I like that style of bipod. The main reason was that I already have the javelin, but I opted for the longer version for the very reasons you are asking about. As it turns out its now too long to shoot well off the bench but performs great out in the field, hence buying the atlas clone. The main difference is obviously the weight.

The quality is very good, although I am sure the pan/tilt function would be better on the original you really can't argue for the money the clone costs. There are also videos on youtube to show you how to "upgrade" the clone bipods with a couple of o rings....I haven't done that yet as I didn't see a need to, but might at some point.

Whether I buy more copies or the atlas itself remains to be seen

metalman likes this.
  9. Tim_B

Tim_B Big Poster

The stock on that ultra is stunning, let alone the bipod!

Simonix likes this.
  10. metalman

metalman Keyboard Hero

I was not aware of this feature of being able to bring the legs back a notch :up:

11. Marky-Boy

Watch from 1min 14seconds

12. Marky-Boy

13. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

My mates having a hamster made for his impact by a well known company. Then I think they will be on sale. Waiting for a picture off him when it's done.
    Atb
    Mart

metalman and Marky-Boy like this.
  14. the supreme gentleman

the supreme gentleman Engaging Member

IMAG0905.jpg IMAG0905.jpg For the money you can't go wrong with an Atlas clone, it has enough adjustment for most shooting positions and works well on the impact because you can bring the legs forward at 45 degrees to move the pivot point further up the rifle.

That being said, I'm ordering an accu-tac clone from China next week and will post a comparison/review once I get it

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  15. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

Yep got one on mine with a QD rail extension. Works great

D798D325-21E6-459A-9638-32B117F25CA6.jpeg

metalman and Marky-Boy like this.
  16. madpastie

madpastie Donator

something like this that i found searching.
    fx hampster.jpg

mmamonster likes this.
  17. Marky-Boy

What a flipping state to get in

mmamonster likes this.
  18. carnivore

carnivore Big Poster

Accessory overload.

Edit: It's a shame.The Impact is really nice without all the gear.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    mmamonster and Marky-Boy like this.
  19. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

There’s a gun in there somewhere....