1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Qb57 Take Down Air Rifle .177

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by David, Aug 21, 2007.

1. David

David Engaging Member

Just thought I would share a moment of my time when I brought the above gun from a car boot sale. My intention was to use this gun for target practice in my 15 yard garden instead of my Dianas which are popular with the local kids (Supervised and controlled just in case you ask) less sticky fingers over the metal parts, I'm sure you know what I mean.

So you know, there are 3 safety catches on this gun one just in front of the trigger, one when you pull the side lever back - stops the side lever from being slammed back and one spring loaded lever on the side of the gun that protects your thumb from being squashed in the bear trap

The safety catch that holds the side lever back gave way when I was still holding the gun, slammed with full force across my arm/thumb, this was about 2months ago and still I have damaged nerves around my arm/thumb I have full use of my thumb but just tingles when it moves which suggests a damaged nerve

So if you intend to buy one of these guns be very careful and make sure the safety catches are up to the job and don't fully rely on them. I'm an experience springer shooter and should have known better than to have let go of the side lever

David

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

QB57

Hi David, I don't take Chinese guns too seriously.
    The QB57 has some very mixed reviews.
    I was amused to see that in the US there are gas struts available for them!!!!

3. David

David Engaging Member

lol. I should have know better to have brought a Chinese air rifle but hey I love air rifles and this one appealed to me. I now use mine as a target :D:D:D

4. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Good thinking David, I like it.

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

do not try this at home

I have thought of a good use for a chinese B/B.
    If I were to drill out the transfer port to the same dia as the barrel, i could cock the gun and then slide it down a steel rod all the way to the piston crown,then put the end of the rod in a vice. Then from some distance shoot the trigger and send the gun on its way down the field.
    I wonder if the grouping would be an improvement:D:D

6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Just talking about Chinese rifles ...

I did find some good ones, under the name of BAM. They're basically replicas of successful models made using replicated parts and things ... they do one of the TX200 - called the BAM 40 - and the also make some RWS Diana side lever replicas too ...

According to some American forums, the BAM 21 (called the Supermax 1000 over there) is actually a good rifle, and some call it ' the best Chinese rifle ever made '

www.airshooter.co.uk

There's one on here and it's only £80 odd ... I'm tempted but is it too good to be true ? A quality chinese rifle ?

I'm thinking of getting one ... then I'll get it stripped, re-lubed, greased, oiled etc ... I think it may be worth it ...

7. David

David Engaging Member

Cheers for that Paperbag Writer. If you get one can you do a review on one I would be interested to see what you think of them

David

8. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

their a load of rubbish:down:

9. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

They can be made a lot better by stripping right down and building up again.

10. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

How about stripping it down and don't build it up again:D:D:D