1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

QB/XS79 .22 Co2 Conversion To PCP/HPA

Discussion in 'Airgun Data Center' started by milegajo, Sep 25, 2012.

1. milegajo

milegajo Busy Member

To provide a challenge as well as an education into the workings of a pcp air rifle, I took the plunge and purchased an XS79 for the princely sum of....£99.

After some polishing, fiddling and faffing. I did it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [TABLE="class: tr-caption-container, align: center"]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD="align: center"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: tr-caption, align: center"]Close up of the On/Off valve and HPA bottle on the QB/ XS79[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Now this path is very well trodden and recounted by men far more adept than I. To that end I have compiled my research and hereby offer it up to you for all those wish to try this very worthwhile project for themselves.

Pics, Links, How to's and More for the QB/XS79 HPA/PCP Conversion

2. bigj09

bigj09 Engaging Member

newquay cornwall land of pastys and cider
    looking good ive got a xs79 in 177 cal on hpa aswell are you using a ag1 on/off adapter
    thanks
    bigj09

3. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

A well compiled set of instructions and pictures will make tuning an easyer prospect saving time in hunting round the tinterweb for the information. Nice one

4. milegajo

milegajo Busy Member

That's the one!

5. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

thats very good did you change the seals as well ? i dont use an ag1 on mine, what about the silencer? or shorter barrel and re crown?. what ft llb you getting now ?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  6. milegajo

milegajo Busy Member

Welsh Willy seals which are a must in my opinion. Cotton wool 'filter' and piercing pin removed from valve. Standard barrel length as this gun is for long range corvid sniping, 1/2" UNF silencer fitted via a 15mm adapter.

612-614fps = 11.8/11.9 ftlbs with Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums. May snip a coil off the hammer spring to reduce air consumption and bring to within a safer margin.

7. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

You done a good job , I have a .177 and .22 runnin on air , I always use on/off with burst disc in between for safety ,
    they are very consistant and lots of shots ,

8. milegajo

milegajo Busy Member

Like Ratman60, I had a leak from the valve area. The rough screw cuts, despite ALOT of polishing kept cutting the two o-rings on the mounting block. Fixed it by dropping a single larger, thicker o-ring between the valve body and the block. Aside from that and lots of deburring it was very straight forward. I'd like to do a .177 too but all in good time...

9. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello thats interesting as my 79 has still got a very very slight leak again despite sorting the block seals, maybe it might need your idea but WW change the block to a 3 seal one. used a more better sealant. i think its leaking through the valve so might try the balloon test.

10. Danp19831

Danp19831 Member

What psi output are you guys running your regulators at

genisis22 likes this.
  11. timmytree

timmytree Keyboard Hero

Not sure you'll get a reply Dan, this thread is from 2012.

12. Danp19831

Danp19831 Member

Hahaha didn't read the date

13. genisis22

genisis22 Engaging Member

Hi for ref .set reg around 850 .177 780/800 22