1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Pull through stuck!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Natgun, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Natgun

Natgun Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I managed to get a Napier pull through stuck in my barrel (AA S510) yesterday it's stuck right at the end.

I took it to a local shop where they tried using a type of peg with a screw thread at the end, but alas it wouldn't come out.

They recommended sending it off so I called a gunsmith who quoted prices from £35+Vat plus return carriage. He also mentioned that it may cost more if they need to drill out the anti-tamper.

Now I've had time to digest that information, I just thought about the warranty which likely be invalidated if the anti-tamper is removed.

My question, is there a simple way to remove pull through's? Would it be worth me contacting air arms for the work to avoid invalidating the warranty?

2. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Seems to be a lot of problems with Napier pull throughs atm :rolleyes:

Are you trying to push it up to the breech or out of the barrel?

3. Natgun

Natgun Well-Known Member

I initially attempted to push it back a bit with a rod but it wouldn't budge, then using the screw tool, we tried to pull it out. No joy :(

4. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I take it,it's snapped and become stuck inside?

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Should of got one of yours!!:):)

6. Natgun

Natgun Well-Known Member

Yeah, initially it went up the barrel with little effort, right at the end it jammed. I pulled it harder and the pull through cord came out leaving most of the cloth behind.

7. jambo1984

jambo1984 Engaging Member

yep I've only used Matt's pull through 3 times but worked everytime

8. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I think it's the wire that they are made from,once you bend it a couple of times it gets pretty weak

There was an almost exact thread a while ago,you could try search for it and see if it was fixed,you will need something smaller than the bore of your barrel and softer,something like a plastic rod to push it out with.

9. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

I would write to Napier and tell them, seems to be a problem with these things and as we know, if damage or loss is incurred through using a product in the way the manufacturer recommends, then the manufacturer is liable for any financial loss you may suffer, ie Napier have to pay!

10. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

Have you tried firing it out?. If it's stuck it's stuck so if you close and bolt and fire the rifle (WITHOT A PELLET) then all that can happen is it either forces it out or it stays stuck- Nothing to lose.

11. Natgun

Natgun Well-Known Member

Yeah, it wouldn't fire. I'm guessing it's completely blocked. I think I will just post the gun off Monday and let the gunsmith sort it. Live and learn, next time I will just brush the barrel rather than risk a repeat issue.

12. oadamo

oadamo Member

same thing happened to me, i use some nylon tube as its stiff and pushed it out.
    adam

13. Terra firma

Terra firma Engaging Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  14. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

Never had a problem with the Napier over the years i've used it, i can only think, either users are using too many patches at a time, or the patches are thicker?

Either way, best to contact Napier ;)

15. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

As above. I use a Hoppes boresnake on my HMR and if that snapped i would be straight on to them.

16. tonyscfc2

tonyscfc2 Engaging Member

How aboit using air bottle to give it a blast, obviously safety first.

17. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I wouldn't put WD40 down your barrel incase it gets near any of the ports or seals,don't know what damage it could do to them.

Dont suppose you have tried firing the gun?

18. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    place the barrel vertical, so that the blockage is at the bottom then give a couple of squirts of gun/silicone oil down the barrel so that it travels down and the patch soaks it up. leave for an hour, and repeat a couple of times.
    when the patch is fully soaked, try dry firing it through - this may or may not work, but you have nothing to lose.
    if it works, give the barrel a thorough cleaning to remove all traces of oil

19. DenTB

DenTB Donator

How about a plasic coated coat hanger or a wooden dowel /mallet

20. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

I have a couple of cheap glass fibre fishing poles that I keep the top two sections from. I managed to unplug my HW100 with one of them and they are less likely to damage the bore than most harder materials. Also being hollow and wider at one end they would be great for 'funnelling' lubricant down onto the pad without coating the barrel.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014