1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Prosport And The Search For Power...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by EastmidsHD, Oct 18, 2019.

1. EastmidsHD

EastmidsHD Keep pullin' that trigger..

Further to my previous thread regarding the "help my delrin top hat is stuck", I decided to go the easier route as suggested by Nick @Tinbum and buy a new spring as opposed to faffing about and looking for a solution to get the bloody thing out.

But first a back story. As I was keeping the lush PS I thought I'd treat it to a trigger polish and set up and sort out the metal guide and top hat for delrin. Turns out when I took out the OE parts the metal top hat was huge and there were 5 power washers fitted at AA. (see pic below)

20191013_153932.jpg

After test fitting the new guides and power washers, the gun was producing a massive 4.5ft/lb :facepalm: so yesterday a new spring was purchased.

This is the Titan no 10 next to the standard AA unit..

20191018_160110.jpg

Obviously a difference, again I test fitted the new spring with a couple of delrin power washers and..... 13.3 ft/lb was produced, (hello officer :oops:).

Again a strip down and removal of power washers, and back to some test shots, results... 12.5 ft/lb.

At this point I will say that I initially used the £14 Chinese chono and the original low figures produced may have been wrong as I've not used the unit for months, but today I used my Shooting Chrony (green one) which has always been accurate and the above figures were the readings from it.

Although I was assured by the salesman that I would not need to cut any coils from the Titan, it's looking like that's the route I'm going to have to go.

My question is, will the spring settle from 12.5ft/lb or will I have to cut a coil or two off as I've read?

Your thoughts would be appreciated :thumb:

Ps... This has been a pain in the arse.

2506sendero likes this.
  2. shauny

shauny Top Poster

unless its dieselling,they seldom go down,but not unheard of. make sure your chrono readings are correct,
    then give it a couple of hundred shots to see where it settles,then will have a better idea how much to take off.
    spring. (before you crop the spring,you could half the tophat)

Air arms boy and greyskull like this.
  3. squib

squib Posting Addict

Assume you currently have the plastic top hat fitted?
    Would be interested to know which way it goes if you revert to the steel top hat. I’ll take a guess it may tame it a touch.

4. EastmidsHD

Guys....TOP HAT WILL NOT COME OUT...As mentioned in this thread and previous :facepalm::p

5. shauny

shauny Top Poster

oh,the tophat still stuck inside piston?

EastmidsHD likes this.
  6. EastmidsHD

yes but the top hat is just a regular size delrin and half the size of the original metal one.

7. shauny

shauny Top Poster

you need to get that out then :facepalm::)

Gary Jones likes this.
  8. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

I told you that spring was gash!:D

As said, shoot half a tin of pellets, test again and remove or crimp a coil as necessary.

Seamaster and EastmidsHD like this.
  9. pjgtech

pjgtech Bah Humbug.......

Was this a new or SH ProSport?

10. EastmidsHD

I bought it used but it was a genuine very low shot count

11. Seamaster

Seamaster Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Listen to Nick mate. He’s got a bit of an idea about these things.

EastmidsHD and Tinbum like this.
  12. Tyler durdon

Tyler durdon Keyboard Hero

49C76D4E-D750-44EC-A1AC-C4CB48FB3CD1.jpeg I recently sent my spring off to shauny as my new prosport was producing 13 this is what I got back . Including 2 different size top hats so I can test .i can now decide if I want it at 10.5 up to 11.5 . Which is great to have the option .give him a pm pal great service .

EastmidsHD and shauny like this.
  13. Nickg

Nickg Busy Member

Scragg the No 10 the titan No 12 I use can lose up to 20 mm in length

14. Tyler durdon

Nick do you cut the no12 or is that after it’s been scragged?

15. Nickg

Nickg Busy Member

Scragg first then once you have the power set (ie spring length) the power is more likely to stay where you set it .

shergar likes this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Correct me if i'm wrong but on the Prosport and TX does not the front of the piston unscrew if that's the case could you not tap the top hat out with a drift from that end. I thought i read and saw a picture somewhere,might have been one of Jim Tyler's articles where the front part of the piston unscrewed.

17. Tyler durdon

Do you use the 12 with your alloy piston ?

18. timmytree

timmytree Very Active

No, you're thinking of the compression tube.

19. shauny

shauny Top Poster

nope.the latch rod screws into the piston,and thats it.

20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Ah i see chaps ,i knew one part unscrewed but could remember whether it was the front of the piston or compression tube.