1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Project ''Tile Edge Pro''

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by gasman, Mar 5, 2012.

?

TILE EDGE PRO

Poll closed Jun 13, 2012.
  1. LOOKS GREAT,WHAT A GOOD IDEA

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. LOOKS GOOD,BUT DONT GET HOW IT WORKS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. DON'T GET IT AT ALL

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Right guys,
    Most of you that know me, know things have been very quite for me just lately and those of you that know me well know I’m not one for sitting around not doing anything, well I’ve been involved in a ‘BLACK OPPS’ project for over a year now, this all started when a mate of mine showed me a idea of his regarding a tiling tool. well bobs your uncle ,here we are a year and a bit later with a product and just today a working website. I will just say how much hard work its been trying to get this tool made and for people to take us seriously ,meeting after meeting and visiting companies to look at processes and materials etc, In fact one company wouldn’t even see us at first, saying ‘if they saw all the people with idea’s’ omg, you would never now theirs was a recession the way that these people treat you, anyone would think they’d be crying out for work??????? anywho, have a look see what you think, please note the website is new and I think there are some bits which we will change at some point ,so any views or recommendations are most welcome. Any orders put ‘gasman’ in the invoice and I’ll throw in a load of free locator stickers,
    Gasman

http://tileedgepro.com/

2. timmaaah

timmaaah Engaging Member

Like I said over on the B B S - looks like a good, quality idea - best of luck with it. It should certainly appeal to professional tilers :)

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

cheers mate,this ones more aimed at the professional,we will do a diy version later on :up:

4. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

Gasman, this is a great product. I have just sent the link to a couple of my mates, one owns a building firm, the other is a joiner who does kitchens and bathrooms etc.

The only thing I think your missing with this is an integral spirit level (or 3) but thats just my 2 cents. :up:

ATB

Irv

5. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

thanks mate:up:
    we have a inbult level in the 200mm length,but we was having isues with it being true,to start with we developed a level that fits inside each length and this you would use as you are placing each length to the wall to start,but we pulled it ,as it needs more work,we're getting their,mark:D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  6. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

Good luck, looks like a cracking product. see you on dragons den :)

Irv

7. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

thanks for the input guys,anyone else?
    what you think then chaps,your throughts are valued,
    gasman

8. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

9. Jack

Jack Big Poster

'To the untrained eye its a piece of metal. To a tiler, a life saver.' Definately should be your slogan.

10. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

I would contact B&Q, Wickes, Homebase also worth trying export as in Med, Portugal they use tiles everywhere.

11. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

i like that mate:up:,thats a good one.i tell you we've been going over slogans for seems like years:confused:
    we're going to photo shop the picture of the guys sitting on the rsj have their lunch buliding the empire state buliding,you know it the old one,anyway,my idea was to cut out the rsj and slot a tile edge length in their

12. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

yes mate,we have so far not gone down that root ,but i'm sure we will,its just took so long to get to this point
    couple of letters have been sent out top tiles and some others so we'll see,
    and yes spain and portugal are on the todo pad:up:

13. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

great bit of kit, good luck in your new venture:up:

14. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

ok,then three people don't get it :confused:,so who have i upset ?

15. Jack

Jack Big Poster

Me :) purely because I can't work out what it does? In a nutshell keeps the tiles straight?

16. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

lol,JACK come on mate :D
    when you start tiling you need a stright line to start off from,or your tiles will wonder and end up p****d,this would be done used wooded batten,which is never hardley stright ,you then need to fix it to the wall etc,nailing or drilling to fit raw plug and screw etc,this can cause problums like drilling through pipes, damp profing etc and all takes time .also it support the tiles till the adhesive has set.did you look ay the youtube clip?

17. Jack

Jack Big Poster

Haha I drive boats! My handy skills go as far as putting up flat pack furniture. But not Argos stuff as it NEVER goes together properly. Now I understand. How does this fix to a wall tho?

18. elliott92

elliott92 Engaging Member

theres very few professionals that visit these sort of shops with buying tools in mind. and DIY'ers wouldnt spend the money. hit the big boys, screwfix, d.m, toolstation ect...

but the product itself looks cracking. as main contractors we always have tiling work down, our subby would love this. finally might get a straight row of tiles after all these years haha.

annual tool fair hosted by d,m tools, have a look into it gasman, all the newcomers start thier products off there, if you could get a stand there your product will sell like hotcakes

http://www.toolfair.info/

if you go to sandown in november let me know, i check it out each year

good luck mate

19. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

using heavy duty doubble side sticky locator pads,stick them to the clamps then to the wall as shown in youtube video:up:

20. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

thanks mate,i think we will be doing a show somewhere not sure which one yet,but i'll let you know,thanks for your kind words mate,atb mark