1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Project Scorpion

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by Jimmypie, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

A couple weeks back I picked up a cheap and very cheerful BSA Scorpion single shot from a friend , whilst fully functional it’s been gathering dust for a while , his dive bottle went out of test , kids , you know the score so like the good friend I am , I crossed his palm with silver and it came home to me , second down in this picture , it came a with a Hawke something or other and a swift moderator , both functional but not required .

F9DF776A-E269-4A55-9131-FB611108D6BA.jpeg

Functionally , to me it is sound , it shoots very well , internally I believe it is entirely stock and whilst I might be able to glean even better results from it with a full service and tune up I am a firm believer in “if it ain’t broke” , however that doesn’t stop me pimping my ride :p .

Whilst I’m not adverse to a bit of blacktical goodness , the HW110 ticks the “black rifle” category in my armoury of three , so I sought out a factory beech stock , switched out the moderator for a Huggett Belita , and added a new scope in the form of a Discovery VT3 3-12x44sf (SFP version ) which is quite honestly lovely , great little scope that I grabbed for £140 on an eBay sale day through Sureshot , it came with Picatinny mounts , so was hastily rigged up with a couple of adaptors , I then proceeded to seek out some BKL’s , after two attempts I found low was the right fit .
    Bipod stud fitted to accommodate whatever I wanted to rest it on , last image shows a UTG / Picatinny adaptor fitted , have a Harris 6-9 inbound to replace :)

F3A545EE-8626-471E-B6F3-B11718B25C92.jpeg 6091D028-3B9A-491B-89CE-0C5C91576EFD.jpeg 03EC729F-A9BD-4BC1-A427-721A056E380B.jpeg

Low vs medium BKLs
    12290D7D-A415-416C-9E49-DC2179D1810F.jpeg

all going great ... but what to do with that spare tactical stock ??? And hmmmm maybe a barrel shroud could be an option ........,

one tin of olive drab krylon later and a couple of messages to Pinkney Engineering and a baffled barrel shroud arrived , very nicely made for the money and a doddle to fit , and just as quiet as the Belita was , can’t be tacticool without a bipod so I’ve direct mounted a bipod primarily designed for keymod AR style free float foregrips , multi position , extendable legs and tucks up out the way nicely , so here it is in option two :)
    AD866B90-7931-4807-9207-132E9A59007A.jpeg 96A3B4CE-89F7-4BFC-A527-4DE51209B024.jpeg 6A4832FD-8DBD-4E4E-BF13-BB154EF0B34E.jpeg
    EA3FC18D-A89D-4847-B054-650D7F0149A7.jpeg 7B68256D-28EE-4EA8-9C80-5303E5DF6693.jpeg

If and when things go wrong I’ll look at getting the internals tuned , but for now it’s sitting at a consistent 11.2ftlbs with JSB Hades , and groups good enough for me :)

Thanks for reading and apologies about picture rotation issues :confused:

2. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

The older scorpions are a nice platform to play with, many choices of configurations and the older ones have better barrels than the newer see versions.

You have done a good job there

The Robin likes this.
  3. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Thank you :) , I’m enjoying it a lot , it’s been a fun project so far , kind of wish it’d been in .177 flavour but no complaints so far :)

lone wolf likes this.
  4. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

I love .22 so I'm going to say you got it in the right caliber

Gary Jones and Jimmypie like this.
  5. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

So do I , to elaborate , My HW110 is .22 , so this in .177 would of just made my shooting choices a bit more interesting :) .

I’ll just have to get something else instead :p

lone wolf likes this.
  6. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

lovely looking gun especially in option 2 , stock looks fantastic. is it literally just a home made paint job? would love to try that on my tactical stock on my ultra. couldn't point me in the direction of the paint all?
    many thanks
    craig

Jimmypie likes this.
  7. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Thank you Craig , and yes very much homebrew straight from a rattle can , the paint itself is called Krylon ultra flat , a thorough degrease with acetone and cotton wool pads before , followed by 4 light coats with a 10–15minute dry in between each one , then left over night , krylon is pretty tough but it will mark and scratch , doesn’t particularly bother me as it’s easy to top up /blow over it or indeed remove with a scouring pad and hot soapy water . I’ve used it for years on various projects and bits & bobs , it’s good stuff imo , you could I guess too it off with a laquer of some sort but I couldn’t comment on that , never done it
    A0829FB4-D576-4E0F-8518-E6299D68DA78.jpeg 583D1469-05BB-4249-86F9-42249DEA7EED.jpeg BBDB442F-07EB-4889-8C67-D0C4D3BBDDF3.jpeg

Not everyone’s cup of tea but I recently did this Gunpower Stealth , using Krylon and Ann equivalent by Nuprol (Krylon dark brown was oos .

CDB21E0F-CEB0-4714-A5C5-29F64D12BE1D.jpeg
    C6D0C749-9168-4DB1-BE7F-643904120FA4.jpeg
    4B06BC55-3A50-4143-AEAA-7F1925B0A0F8.jpeg
    0328DC94-937A-4A84-A378-76B29CA1667E.jpeg

Attached Files:

8. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

Thank you , you've got me interested in spraying and trying a few colours ( on ebay already looking at supplies :)) , its certainly my cup of char , nice work and thanks for the advice

kind rgds
    craig

9. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Try https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/weapon-paint-226-c.asp their prices seemed reasonable to me and I’ve used them for many years with great service.

10. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

Ah , brilliant, Amazon was just showing £16 a tin , thanks again

craig

Jimmypie likes this.
  11. Fusty Fieldcrafter

Fusty Fieldcrafter Busy Member

Nice rifle. I particularly like it in the beech stock. :thumb:
    Do they still make a single shot Scorpion?

Jimmypie likes this.
  12. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

I see that you're partial to a spot of plastic, Jimmy... :D

Jimmypie likes this.
  13. sagalout

sagalout All the kit still ....

That 110 looks good, a german Ultra lookee likee :)

14. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Thanks , I’m not to sure on that if I’m honest , but I do remember reading about the scorpion when it first came out , it’s pretty old now I think :)

Fusty Fieldcrafter likes this.
  15. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

I’m an equal opportunities airgunner :D

Just this season I’ll mostly be wearing plastic , plastic coated beech , but 2020 should see some Walnut mixed in ;)

16. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

The ultra was laid out along with a few others when I bought it , i liked the ultra but the 110k fit just right and tucked my compact rifle boxes nicely without going the BP route :)

the scorpion isn’t much bigger , a HW mod on the 110 and there isn’t much in it even with the shroud fitted , balance aside that is anyway .

A7BE1E2D-0E2C-4157-BC2B-F7B0A4B2E7EE.jpeg

The Robin and sagalout like this.
  17. sagalout

sagalout All the kit still ....

That's an interesting perspective with the PP700 as well. I have asked you before to stop posting pictures of that :p

Jimmypie likes this.
  18. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

19. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

Seems to be be something missing from your photo - and I'm not talking about a springer, a girl or a tree in this instance... :thumb:

Jimmypie likes this.
  20. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

There’s just no pleasing some folk :p

rabbitwrecker likes this.