1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pp700sa Carbine Pellet Test.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by PBaz Barrett, Jul 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Having just received a JSB sample pack, I thought I would do a test on chronograph after recent tune to make sure it remained under the legal limit using various pellet weight's. It was a quick test, each pellet sample fired at 170 bar.. These were the result's..

Artemis PP700 Carbine .22 Test :

1. Diabolo Exact Jumbo 5.51 - 1,030g - 15.89gr 03 shots - PF08 - 11.03 ftlb - 559 fps - DV06 - SV02

2. Diabolo Exact Jumbo 5.52 - 1,030g - 15.89gr 03 shots - PF09 - 11.25 ftlb - 565 fps - DV06 - SV02

3.Diabolo Exact Jumbo 5.53 - 1,030g - 15.89gr 03 shots - PF09 - 11.32 ftlb - 567 fps - DV13 - SV05

4.Diabolo Exact Monster Jumbo 5.52 - 1,645g -25,39gr 03 shots - PF11 - 11.44 ftlb - 451 fps - DV04 - SV02

5.Diabolo Exact Express Jumbo 5.52 - 0,930g - 14.35gr 03 shots - PF08 - 10.83 ftlb - 583 fps - DV06 - SV02

6.Diabolo Exact Heavy Jumbo 5.52 - 1,175g -18.13gr 03 shots - PF09 - 11.39 ftlb - 532 fps - DV05 - SV02

7.Diabolo Exact RS Jumbo 5.52 - 0,870g - 13.34gr 03 shots - PF08 - 10.81 ftlb - 604 fps - DV04 - SV02

2. Steved

Steved Posting Addict

Oh thats interesting I thought the PP700 was a pistol that you could fit a stock to meaning it would only be 6 ft pound, can these be bought in the UK as Carbines and 12 ft pound??

I noticed a chap on gateway to air guns doing a well controlled test on his PP700 and he was getting 16 to 17 ft pound in the US.

3. Ade C

Ade C Keyboard Hero

As long as the stock stays on I believe that this is ok?

4. Bill.B

Bill.B Keyboard Hero

Here we go again...
    :popcorn:

5. PBaz Barrett

Yep in pistol form, <6ftlb is limit, but in carbine version <12ftlb is limit :thumb:..

Steved likes this.
  6. PBaz Barrett

I dont think you can buy one off the shelf in carbine form that is >6ftlb. However with a permanent fixed stock - in rifle form, <12ftlb is fine. Its more adjustable than a fx impact, but whichever form it is, the legal limit must always be adhered too.. <6ftlb for pistol and <12ftlb in carbine form..

Lorenz and Steved like this.
  7. Steved

Steved Posting Addict

Yeah I've just checked the local gun shops and SMK they are only sold as 6ft pound, so no good to me, I would love a single shot folding carbine for my rucksack ( poor mans leshiy) but 6 ft pound is no good at all.

Reevo17 likes this.
  8. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

My understanding is that if it is sold as a pistol it does not matter what you do it will always be a pistol and therefor <6flb

Seamaster, Tadpole, Bash and 6 others like this.
  9. Ade C

Ade C Keyboard Hero

Can you give a summary?
    I'm not on faceache anymore

Steved likes this.
  10. PBaz Barrett

Well I purchased mine as a carbine with a fixed stock, mod and rifle scope fitted. As all is a permanent fixture, its classed as a carbine, therefore <12ftlb.

willo1962, Ade C and Kj1 like this.
  11. Bill.B

Bill.B Keyboard Hero

When you say “As all is a permanent fixture...’’, do you mean that the stock cannot physically be removed by simply undoing one screw and a pistol grip simply re-attached thus converting it back to what it left the factory as, ie. a pistol?
    Just curious.

Reevo17 likes this.
  12. PBaz Barrett

With tools of coarse you could remove stock like on any rifle, but look at the S410TDR, no tools required to remove stock?. And yes they do operate with stock off..
    If you have it as a pistol, then it must be <6ftlb.. But mine has a fixed stock and is classed as a carbine, and to note, there is no limit as to how long a carbine barrel should be either.. as long as it's sub 12ftlb, the legal limit for a carbine (with fixed stock)..

End of the day, it's up to the owner to maintain legality when choosing between pistol or carbine power levels. Tools are required to remove stock same way as a hacksaw could be used to just cut the stock off a hw100 and make into a pistol grip. But without a hacksaw this would'nt be possible. Same way as you cannot remove stock on the PP700 without tools. You can completely remove stock from a hw100 with one bolt if you wish and it will still operate fully. But a tool is required to do this.. both physically and mentally, and because stock is removed or pistol grip fitted would make it illegal. Obviously.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Kj1 likes this.
  13. jimjamman

jimjamman Engaging Member

What pellets are you finding giving the best accuracy at range ..

14. PBaz Barrett

With mine JSB Exact Jumbo 5.52 - 15.89gr work very well in mine tbh :thumb:..

jimjamman likes this.
  15. jimjamman

jimjamman Engaging Member

Have you put a reg in it

16. PBaz Barrett

No using just the stock reg, but thinking of a Huma tbh. But saying that you cant adjust the huma without stripping so I may just stick with the stock one.

jimjamman likes this.
  17. PBaz Barrett

This would convert back to a pistol using tools.. But you cant really class it a pistol here..

M0XOM likes this.
  18. Lordy 74

Lordy 74 Big Poster

Interested in this . I poses no knowledge of the legality of this but could imagine if it has a fixed stock then is that not ok . If you were to make your own airgun from scratch identical to this using parts manufactured by yourself or bought from engineering companies would that not be almost the same ... just to ask @PBaz Barrett , could it have a permanent fixed stock of the folding kind , again close to being a poor mans leshiy ? Second question , how many shots from a fill ?

Lorenz likes this.
  19. MrBtoYou.

MrBtoYou. Engaging Member

I have one and agree that it is a carbine but the law is,if it was manufactured as a pistol it will always be a pistol whatever you do to it. Another very grey area.

Bill.B likes this.
  20. PBaz Barrett

Which ever stock (folding or full) that's permanently fixed to the action, via fixing's that require tools to remove, is classed as a carbine for me.. I would say I am getting maybe 30 shot's from 200 to 100bar.. not great but tune requires refinement tbh.. Trigger is lovely having adjusted it, crisp predictable let off :thumb:..

This would be a nice addition..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hirdhawk...082071?hash=item263745da97:g:fYQAAOSwHWJe7O8l

Lordy 74 likes this.