1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Power Check With Jsb Exacts And Heavy

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Tabrighteyes, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Tabrighteyes

Tabrighteyes Engaging Member

What is everyone’s thoughts on pellet testing in short jsb exact 8.44gr 4.52 vs jsb heavy 10.34gr 4.52 . Will the heavy 10.34gr always put the power up on a chrono over the more standard exact 8.44gr ??

2. JamieB57

JamieB57 Busy Member

Generally in a precharged rifle the power tends to be up a bit with a heavier pellet,but a spring gun it’s lower with the heavier.May only be about half a pound difference though!

3. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

What’s the most accurate?

JamieB57 likes this.
  4. Septic

Septic Superbus et Vetera

That depends on the gun...

My HW100 loved 8.44gr
    My Superten loves 10.34gr
    My S410 prefered 7.87

5. squib

squib Posting Addict

I’ve just ordered some jsb heavies, as Bisley mags always rob power in any gun I’ve ever tried them with.

6. Tabrighteyes

To be fair my AA ultimate sporter is very good with both 11.2 with the exact and 11.84 with the heavy jsb both just as accurate depending on me of course

7. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Obviously:)

what’s good in yours, is no use to the op:)

8. Tabrighteyes

Dose any one else have any chrono figures for both pellets from the same gun ?

9. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

My Ultra SE's in .177 run approx 0.5ftlb higher with heavys, than they do with exacts

10. brk1

brk1 Busy Member

Haven't checked recently as had a seal go but my HW100 was at 11.2 with Exacts and 11.5 with Heavies, both in your stated 4.52 size and lighter ones were around 11 (Hobby's) , it was running really well then, haven't even sorted it with the enforced lockdown yet as had other projects on the go :thumb: and now back to work if we don't get forced back into lockdown again :(

11. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

For a PCP:

Not always, but most often, and normally around 0.3 to 0.6fpe increase :thumb:

For a springer:

Usually the opposite ;)

Just remember every gun is different :rolleyes:

12. BallisticBill

BallisticBill Posting Addict

It depends on the gun.
    If it's a PCP designed to be sub-12ft lb the heavy pellets will generate more power but that's not necessarily the case with guns designed for higher power then detuned for the UK market.
    In springers, in general, the heavier pellets will produce less power but that's not necessarily the case as the tuning will influence efficiency of different pellets.

sagalout and robs5230 like this.
  13. Tabrighteyes

I’ll be honest my main reason for asking is I ordered a new fx rifle and when I went to pick it up it had no paperwork to back up the de-tune to sub 12 all fx guns have to have for us U.K. non fac holders ! So they chrono it with jsb exact 4.52 and it was 799fps giving 11.97fpe which I said was running to hot and can they please put jsb 10.34 through to check and they came back out very sheepish and told me it was running 718fps giving 11.84 fpe I then asked if they had turned the power down ? After a double look at each other they said no !!! The gun is still at the shop as I told them it had the potential to go over 12fpe and they would not let me see the chrono test in person ( to do it again ) I have never known a 10.34gr to go lower than 8.44gr as my ultimate sporter proved my thoughts when I got home ! What dose everyone think ??

14. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Run, they are 99% lying to you :eek:, and even if they are not - no self respecting RFD would let a sub 12fpe gun out the door doing as close to 12fpe as that, you just know a 1 degree increase in temperature is going to make it illegal - they should not be allowed to run an RFD :facepalm:

hmangphilly likes this.
  15. Locking Nut

Locking Nut Member

South (and often West) Wales, lockdown permitting
    String of 10 Exact 8.44@4.52 averaged 11.21ft/lb last time I had chrono on. Exact Heavy 10.34@4.52 averaged 11.52 during the same session. BSA R-10TH.

As per @jesim1, letting a gun out the door that close to the limit with the lighter pellets doesn't reflect at all well on the dealer. It's not them who'll deal with the consequences if you get pinged.

hmangphilly and jesim1 like this.
  16. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

They're having you over.
    Run for the hills.

hmangphilly likes this.
  17. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Posting Addict

I think I would not buy a gun from these people.

18. squib

squib Posting Addict

I did my P15 tonight. For info, it’s reg is set to around 85 bar.

15.89 5.52 - 11.3ftlb
    Bisley mags 10.1 ft lb
    18.13 5.52 heavies 10.2 ft lb
    express 11.3 ft lb
    Rs 11.3 ft lb.

19. Septic

Septic Superbus et Vetera

And what’s good in someone else’s identical gun, isn’t necessarily going to be the best in his either...
    My neighbour and his son both have identical S400s, bought together.. But neither gets on with the other’s pellets...
    It’s one of the mysteries of life... Which is why everyone should try as many as possible and decide for themselves...