1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Posting Air Rifles

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Gary mills, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Gary mills

Gary mills Engaging Member

Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
    Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging

So why wont any one send a rifle to me
    Some people need to know the law me thinks

2. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

One of the main problems is stated in the above description..........Items that appear to be prohibited...........so if they xray the parcel then it gets sent to Belfast for verification which can tkes weeks and is also not garaunteed to be passed and so gets destroyed and theres sod all you can do about it.

3. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Arrange online collection with Parcelforce: I just had my new rifle delivered using their 48hr service; Pforce collected Monday, rifle delivered today. I'm currently firing it into the back garden while browsing the forum - result!

All you need to do is arrange the packaging with the person holding the rifle and book the collection.

4. metalmorgan

metalmorgan Posting Addict

I've sent a few rifles via royal mail with no problems. I can understand why some may be nervous to do it though.

5. Egg

Egg Major Poster

The only time I've ever had a problem with Parcelforce & a rifle (and also a CS800 stock which was separately despatched around the same time) was 2 winters ago when the snow ground every delivery to a halt, other than that everything's been fine.

Once I had problems with the actual contents: a guy in Leicester sent me an HW80. It ended up in a plane to Munich and was held by customs for 2 weeks. Cheers DHL! They returned the gun to the sender and we used Parcelforce to deliver it without a hitch.

6. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

If a seller does not openly offer postage on his sales ad,9 out of 10 times when asked to do so,they decline.
    Cuts thair chances of selling right down,but its thair choice.For the sake of repeating myself.My r10 got x-rayed and sent to Belfast for nearly 5 weeks.Postage service used,the one RM recommend...RMSD.Ignore thair recommendations,even if its allowed,and it is.Not worth the risk,inconvience,and worry.Go Parcel Force 48hr,and you should be fine ;)

7. Louishooper

Louishooper Active Member

I sent a rifle not to long ago to a chap and had terrible trouble where it had been shunted or something similar so the mag would not fit in luckily my local gun shop did me a favour and fixed it but was the biggest pain in the ass ever so rather than sell another gun second hand collected or posted I would rather wrap it around a tree

8. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

....ide also like to add when sending overseas (as ive sent 3 to a us airforce base in Italy not so long ago) you can only send low powered airguns (no firearms) via parcelforce worldwide express,NO other service..it can NOT be booked online,not even a parcelforce depot will accept them,they HAVE to be done over the counter at your post office...
    senders name and address added,customs label to state ''low powered sporting airguns,conforms with VCR ACT'',and if there PCP's ''air bottle open,valve removed''
    you should have seen there faces when they asked what was in the package''you CANT sent them!!''....''OH YES I CAN,read this and ring that number''....2 mins later they were booked and on there way :)

9. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

I was very lucky to get my 2 rifles and pistol through the post then eh.

10. Sam s-o-t

Sam s-o-t Engaging Member

it would be recommended to send them in a hard gun case which is then packed inside to reduce movement. only issue then if you have to send the case but you can make arrangements to get the buyer to post the case back to you. saves hassle if your rifle does get damaged which can happen very easily

11. Suwannee

Suwannee Well-Known Member

In a cabin,in the woods, 3hrs north of Orlando FL
    Wighillpark guns don't shipp either, or I would have bought a Ripley & claimed the vat back