1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question posting air rifle

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by buckgav, Aug 19, 2014.

1. buckgav

buckgav Well-Known Member

I am looking to sell my air rifle, and I was wondering if you can post an airgun to a private address. If it is possible then who should I post it with?

2. Scoobyspares

Scoobyspares Donator

3. JD

JD Donator

4. buckgav

buckgav Well-Known Member

so you can post,and parcel force 48 hour is the best to go with?

5. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Insurance is a maximum £100 with pf48,and you cant buy enhanced cover.Never had a problem with parcel force,and i have sent more than 12 rifles with them over the years.They wont carry compressed air cylinders,so sending a pcp even with a completely empty cylinder is against thair rules.I like PF48 because all uk mainland delivereis are not x rayed,so it wont go to Belfast for inspection,been their got the t-shirt.Other option if its a springer RMSD,with the x-ray machine to dodge and RM ever vigilant staff:rolleyes:
    Then RFD to RFD transfer with fees at both ends.I will always be using pf48,i have breeched thair rules and posted a bsa r10 completelt empty,unless they drop it on their toes,nothing is going to endanger any of the PF staff.My choice if it went tits up...my problem and loss.Up to the individual,i am not advising anyone to folow my leed....

6. jmsjabb

jmsjabb Active Member

I have just sent a HW77 Parcel Force 48 and added enhanced comp to £300. I had a good chat with the PO worker, and all was fine. Just be honest. It has to be 48 though, for some reason they won't transport on 24

7. jmsjabb

jmsjabb Active Member

It cost £23 too!

8. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

I emailed them, and enquired about enhanced insurance for my air rifle.. Not available.. I will post their reply up tomorow as I am on my mobile just now. They won't let you send it pf24 because of the likelihood of it going by air . don't be to surprised that a PO employee does not know the Parcel Force rules even though they are very convincing... Lol

9. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

Its good that you were able to obtain enhanced insurance. Unfortunately it would not be honoured by ParcelForce. The ladies at the post office can sell you extra insurance but the terms and conditions for ParcelForce are very straightforward. Air rifles can go by PF48 only and with a maximum of £100 insurance.
    Lets hope that you do not have to make a claim and ask for the extra money from them. You have been charged an extra amount and you need to return to the post office and ask for a refund.
    Go to the ParcelForce website and read the terms for retail customers. You have been fleeced.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  10. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

I sold one only last Thursday to a guy on here and sent it parcel force 24.
    and he got it Friday morning at just over 17 quid.
    air arms s400.

11. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

This just goes to show the inconsistency of the company, some depots will allow anything and some won't, problem is when you do send something and it gets stopped your screwed. Its no good claiming that the employee said its ok and it will cost you this and that, if it gets stopped then they just claim "you should have read the terms and conditions".

12. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Below is Parcel Forces response to my enquiry about sending my Air Rifle.

Hello Brian

I have provide some details below for sending Air Rifles.

The recent changes to Royal Mail's handling of parcels does impact on the services previously available to customers wishing to ship air weapons .

Air Weapons have always been prohibited from being sent through the Parcelforce network. However, they could be sent through Royal Mail. When the changes to parcel size was implemented in Royal Mail on Tuesday 2nd April, many Air Weapons could not be sent through the Royal Mail network as they did not fall into the Small or Medium sized parcel category. As such, Royal Mail Group made a decision that Parcelforce would have to carry Air Weapons.

– “an air rifle, air gun or air pistol which does not fall within section 1 of the Firearms Act 1968”

There are some conditions to this.
    • It has to be sent on PFW48, as this is not flown anywhere.
    • Compensation only available for delay.
    • Compensation will prohibited for loss or damage
    • Customers cannot purchase enhanced compensation
    • If PO sends an air weapon on express24, it is not eligible for compensation,
    • This is only available for customers who send an air weapon through a PO outlet. It will not be available through a Parcelforce Worldwide depot or via on-line channel at parcelforce.com

If you need help with anything else please reply to this email or if you would prefer to speak to one of our advisors please call 08448 00 44 66. Calls are charged at national rates.

Tracy Gregg - Email Team

You can track your parcel on our website - http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace

13. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

As has been stated the people who work on the cash desks will sell you any insurance you want. However should said item go missing then you're not covered up to what you think you are
    £100 max so its all up to you. I used to send them when it was £500 insured up to and cost about £23 but I won't risk it now as if you post an air gun worth £600-700 you will be well out of pocket.
    Try arrange pick up or find a courier that does cover them up to their true value