1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Police

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by andyhawkx3, May 11, 2012.

1. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

We have the 'best Police force in the world', bar none ... This more than other time, is the time we need them, ... Crime is on the up .. So why are the Tory's reducing our great force ???? ... Well .. IMO, they want to start a new private police force, :down: and ..... This will 'I believe' will leave our now great police force open to corruption .... YOUR thought's please ... before it's to late to save them.

2. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

I believe it's already corrupt mate :down:

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

So starting a new private PF is better than the one we have now ...????

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  4. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

I didn't say that mate but I do believe it's corrupt at the highest level though
    And yes you're probably right a private force would corrupt the present one even more, however the private force would probably be set up on the back of bungs and bribes anyhow, so would be just as bad if not worse corruption wise
    Unfortunately money talks in them sorts of circles !

5. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

They have already started by privatising certain areas of police work by making it civillian run....as for policing its self that started going down hill when they introduced Police Support Officers:handjob:....what a waste of time they are

6. TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger Engaging Member

Whether it's actually "corrupt" or whether the world of politics stifles the right thing from being done would both manifest themselves with the same symptoms.

Anyway, if (sorry when) it gets privatised, anyone else looking forward to a real-life Robo-Cop and ED-209 patrolling the streets? :)

7. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

What worries me is if the Tory's get there way, an pass this new law where our private messages an text messages can be looked at .. Then there passed on, therefore get in to the wrong hand's, for a few quid .. ie, banking on line :mad:

8. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Totally disagree with privatisation, however the force appears to already be a shambles.. they command no respect as they're driven totally by irrelevant targets and worthless goals rather than actually getting the job done. In addition, in my personal experience 90% of uniform coppers are ignorant, arrogant, condescending meatheads who do nothing to earn the respect of the people who pay their wages.

Like everyone else on this socially decaying island they're out for themselves; upper levels are heavily influenced by the agendas of the politicians and gutter press, while many of the lower echerlons are just out for a power trip.

Gone are the days when your local bobby was a pillar of the community to be trusted and respected. This opinion appears to shared to some extent by the older generation of retired polis too..

9. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

The tories are going to ruin this country. Before long there won't be anyone flying or driving unless your rich, your employer will be able to sack you whenever they want and for whatever reason they want and you won't be able to do squat, there will be hardly any health and safety laws and everything will be privatised and either run by members of their family, friends or business "associates"..

10. bazzab

bazzab Engaging Member

We you say "corrupt" what exactly do you mean?

11. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

I smell bacon......

12. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

The police claim to be stretched to the limit but still find time to operate Talivans. :rolleyes:

13. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

What's a taivan :confused:

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

we you say :confused: .. talking about private sector, using our private messages

15. Mad Marine

Mad Marine Banned

Don't know wich coppers you encounter but the last few times i got pulled over, they were friendly non aggressive and i was doing 80 in a 50 mile limit and got off with a warning that i should be more carefull but on the other hand i was friendly to them as well.
    Most of the times its your attitude towards them that makes the difference.
    Never had a bad moment with the force...

16. bazzab

bazzab Engaging Member

hey??? bit confused chaps.

As for smelling bacon do u think im a copper?

17. bazzab

bazzab Engaging Member

Sorry old bean ment to say When you say corrupt what exactly do you mean?

18. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I'm saying I trust the Police with my private messages and pm's .. but no way would 'I' trust anyone from the private sector with anything

19. Mad Marine

Mad Marine Banned

I wouldn't trust my mother with my pm's and messages let alone the private sector lol

20. bazzab

bazzab Engaging Member

Did think that was case buddy but wasn't sure. Totally agree with ya. Private sector is surely only there for wrong reasons..