1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news POACHER Nicked!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by hawk eye, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

out on the perm tonight. half way threw a shoot and me and me gun buddy noticed a lamp. so we shouted HELLO! and no reply. so shouted we have just seen you and you are trespassing. next thing we know there he is laying down in the tall grass with his lamp and dog.so me and me gun buddy gave him a few words of wisdom and told him to **** off as he has been on hear befor ( we chased him last time)
    we asked him what he is doing here and his reply was im walking my dog lol. with a lamp the size of a dinner plate and a rabbit on his hip DERRRR. so i thourght ive had enough of this little clever mouthed git. straight onto the phone to the old bill. 2 mins later anti poachers unit turned up asking were he was. so gave them all the info they needed and off they went. i so hope they got the little git.

2. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Without his name or address I doubt it.

3. hawk eye

hawk eye Banned

the location we are in the middle of no wear there is not alot of places he can go . and the police were with us with in 2 mins and on his tail as the only way he can go is threw fields for miles.

4. Chippy1988

Chippy1988 Busy Member

hopefully they find him and he recieves a decent punishment for it. Its things like this that spoil it for everyone else.

atb James

5. sharpsman

sharpsman Big Poster

"Sorry i was just walking my dog its dark so i need the lamp and i found the rabbit dead on the road officer" and thats if they catch him in the first place.

6. kessall

kessall Engaging Member

Had similar the other week at mine... a couple of guys walking with a hawk (when approached them they said they were just walking the bird to get it used to being outside..... then following it up with claiming they had their own permission about 5 miles along the road)....

Quickly got rid of em and gave details to land owner

7. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

There's a guy who has set up shop on one of my permissions. He wanders about the fields with a pack of dogs. I asked the farmer if he wants us to challenge him. He said leave him be as he was running through the fields naked and screaming the other night!!!

8. Alex.mc

Alex.mc Busy Member

Throw dogfood at him! That'll have him running screaming from the fields along with his dogs!

9. mikeynstas123

mikeynstas123 Well-Known Member

Can i throw a spanner in the works here guys???

What real harm is the guy doing? hes a took a rabbit or two.

Totally understand if the guys a tool and robbing machinery or damaging stuff.

Just my thoughts,tin hat at the ready.:p:p:p

10. Alex.mc

Alex.mc Busy Member

I'll just catch that spanner...........if I may!

I gues the popular response would be.... it's not much different from walking into Sainsbury's, picking up a sandwich off the counter and wandering out without paying for it. When stopped you reply "but it's only Cheese and pickle?"

Another scenario. You're gazing across your beautiful garden, a bloke wanders across your lawn, bends over and cuts a few stems of your Daffodils and when you challenge him he says..." You've got plenty! And they'll grow again next year?"

No harm is done in either context. Sainsbury's hasn't keeled over and gone bankrupt at the loss of a cheese and pickle sarnie, neither would you feel your garden destroyed by the loss of a few stems of flowers?

But is it right? I don't think so.

11. kessall

kessall Engaging Member

Agreed.... weve all worked hard to get and maintain our permissions....

12. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Could you extend that to people on my land with a rifle?

How about your back garden?

13. mikmon

mikmon Donator

i agree with mikeynstas who among up dont brake a rule or bend the law a little ! its life put a flea in there ear and send them on there way ! but thats me ! donone of us break the speed limit ?

mik

14. mikeynstas123

POINT taken and agreed with..

I suppose my point is......

There is plenty and i mean PLENTY to go around for the guy with his lurcher and a lamp,Too the guy with his rifle.
    Yes he shouldnt be there and rightly so,the guys that have the permission are rightly pished with him.

My point was that at the end of the day its a couple of rabbits and the guys doing no harm,exercising his dogs and enjoying watching them work.
    It gets my back up that this country has millions of acres of unspoilt rich land yet so few are allowed to take in its beauty.

Yes he was wrong to be poaching but how many on here have???

Regards Mikey.

15. Alex.mc

Alex.mc Busy Member

I'm not totally against the point of view actually........ but it's subject entirely to context! And that's neither predictable or ever identical?
    An example, I had a Campervan some years back, nothing special but I liked it. It had a slightly dodgy(easy to open) doorlock! One morning I thought I saw something different inside it? I went over, unlocked to door to find it already open and a Homeless chap sleeping in it! I was really annoyed, but after a few minutes of him backpedalling and saying he was sorry etc. and me checking everything was still intact, I decided no harm was done and did exactly as you mention. Sent him away with a flea in his ear! He was homeless..... plainly so, and it was a wet night the night before!
    Had he been a decently dressed bloke who just got himself plastered the night before and broke into my campervan because he couldn't be arsed to get wet on his way home..... I would have taken a different view!

What was the context of the poacher? Was he right up against it, back against the wall and thought to himself "I've still got that lamp though? If I go out and get a rabbit that'll help for a day or so.... maybe I will risk it?"

Or did he think to himself..."The hell am I doing all the legwork to find a permission! I can't be arsed with all that! I'm just going to go where I please and to hell with anyone's rights or ownership!"

We'll never know?

16. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

Even if the Police caught up with the lad, they won't/can't do him for anything. Trespassing is not against the law. Trespassing with a rifle is different though. That's Armed Trespass.

17. mikeynstas123

Totally agree...

Life as a whole would be so much better if people were more honest .

Yes if he is just exercising the dogs enjoying them work,taking a rabbit or two for the pot.

No No if its this days and age attitude of foook you mate im going on there and nothing ya can do about it.

The more i read this thread ,The more i realise life isnt oh so romantic and people DO take libertys!!!!

Mikey.

18. mikmon

mikmon Donator

Has said all to do with context !

mik

19. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Problem is the millions of acres are owned by someone, same as the millions of acres of back gardens, only my 'back garden' has footpaths through it for people to take in the wonders of it.

These people just 'exercising dogs' namely through my wheat and rape drilling a need a kick up the arse.

20. Bigste

Bigste Engaging Member

I like both the throw and the catch, :up: it makes things very clear for all to understand,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.