1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Please help us Vapers!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by eagle2508, Mar 7, 2014.

1. eagle2508

eagle2508 Well-Known Member

Please help us Vapors!

Please help us Vapors and sign this petition...

www.efvi.eu

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. kuro

kuro Busy Member

Signed this a while back but I fear it will be a waste of time. The eu led by linda mcavan mep have driven a huge truck through the ecigarette industry. Come 2016 the one thing that could have eliminated tobacco use will be reduced to an ineffective device marketed alongside the other ineffective rubbish, patches etc. Its a travesty with grave consequences. One estimate says that article 20 of the tobacco products directive which covers ecigs could kill over 100000 Europeans a year.

3. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

And which industry do you think is pushing the agenda, as after all the EU is about business pure and simple.

4. Egg

Egg Major Poster

I signed it ages ago as well but like the petition against airgun restrictions in Scotland, I fear it will be a waste of time: kings pharmacy & tobacco are behind the legislation and they have billions at their disposal to fill the brown envelopes required to grease palms.

The good news is that the genie's out of the bottle as far as vaping goes - you can legally buy pharma grade nicotine, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine so when the restrictions come into place there will be more & more vapers either mixing their own home-brew or they'll know a man that does and purchase it that way.

5. kuro

kuro Busy Member

They cant uninvent ecigs although this legislation will try to restrict innovation to the point where there are only useless products available. As far as mixing your own I suspect they will be keeping an eye on this and close the door on nicotine sales should enough people go down this route.

6. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

I am new to the vaping scene, my e shisha is arriving on Monday hopefully!!! I've been smoking since I was around 14 which is a frightening thought!!! I know it sounds a get out clause but it's the habit that's got me more than anything, I've tried patches, all the prescription medicines and pretty much everything in between!! I haven't tried this before but I'm hoping that this is the end of smoking for me!!!
    As far as I can see the government is frightened that they will loose so much tax that, despite what they say, the country can't afford to lose smokers! Could be wrong and I usually am but that's the way I see it!! Anyway can't wait to start vaping and goodbye coughing and spluttering!!!!

Signed the petition!!

Jamie

7. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah Just kidding. Christchurch
    And so another black market is created....removing further revenue form the tax office....great idea.

8. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

Hi Jamie, as regard to vaping working for you, may I say its really good so far for me. I started vaping two weeks ago but every morning I had two proper fags with a cuppa then on the vaper, I did this for a week. I have been on the vaper now for a full week and have noticed that I am not coughing, my breathing is much better etc. I had been smoking since I was 17 and I'm 50 now, up to two weeks ago I was on 40 a day... I don't crave a smoke now as I'm getting my fix from vaping... It will work for you mate, I have tried everything else... A little tip, find a flavour you like, my first was Golden Virgina as that's what I smoked, its ok but boring, now Black Jack is another story, bloody lovely:up: Eton Mess is my next choice when the GV bottle is finished :D Good Luck with it mate:up:

9. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

Got to ask the question, but why don'y you just pack it all in. Stop smoking, stop vaping (what a stupid name that is). I smoked for 38 years and one day my youngest told me to stop. So I did. It was hard, damn hard but the only thing you need is will power and everyone has willpower if you try. Vaping, like smoking is not allowed where I work as it's regarded as just as anti social and un-healthy as smoking.

Yes I know it's all about personal freedoms but that's just your addiction telling you that.

10. kuro

kuro Busy Member

Everyone has willpower but some are able to implement it better than others. The bottom line is that for people that haven't got the willpower vaping offers a much much safer method of consuming nicotine. A method that, for a change, actually works.

11. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Maybe I'm just not "strong like bull"......

12. Egg

Egg Major Poster

The thing is (from my perspective anyway) I'd tried will power but didn't have the will power to see it through; I tried patches and they just made the nicotine hit better; I tried lozenges and concluded I'd be better off chewing fag-ends; I tried Champix and it didn't help. Long & the short of it is I'm a nicotine addict and I can live with absorbing the substance as long as I'm not absorbing the rest of the Censored they put into tobacco along with the carbon levels from the smoke itself which are also carcinogens. Vaping - or my euphemism's "blazing" - lets this junky get his fix without the added extras.

Anyone that's managed to kick the habit through sheer will power alone I tip my hat to them but I'm a weak man :D

My take is that it's all about stopping smoking and in that respect I've finally succeeded :)

13. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I couldn't have put it better myself. Like you Egg I have tried everything and for me nothing worked until Vaping come along, I no longer "smoke" in the sense of the word. I'm not short of will power either, I was close to being an Alcoholic, when I realised I needed that drink I stopped, and that was 20 years ago, now other than a socalable pint at a barbeque thats 2 pints a year... Nicotine, thats a different story.... and THIS at present is working for me, and it was this site that got me thinking, it looks to work for those guys, it could work for me.... So for the ones with will power, fair play to you, for the ones that need an additional hand like myself, a big up for Vaping....

14. Andy_J

Each to their own I say. I merely suggested a way forward that is ultimately better for your health. I am not against anyone who has an addiction (except for waste of oxygen druggies of course) but remember, you are inhaling a drug that is harmful.

"Dr. Frank Leone, a pulmonary expert at the University of Pennsylvania
    Cancer and respiratory experts see the same ploy being played out today with e-cigarettes as was done in the 1940s with cigarettes, when America started smoking en masse. They often are distributed for free and pitched by celebrities and even doctors as cool, liberating and safe.

A top concern is the nicotine delivery rate, Dr Leone said. With nicotine patches and gum, the nicotine delivery is regulated, with small amounts of nicotine released slowly into the bloodstream. But with traditional cigarettes and now e-cigarettes, heat creates a freebase form of nicotine that is more addictive — or what smokers would call more satisfying. The nicotine goes right into the lungs, where it is quickly channelled into the heart and then pumped into the brain.
    Once addicted, the body will crave nicotine. And although nicotine isn't the most dangerous toxin in tobacco's arsenal, this chemical nevertheless is a cancer-promoting agent, and is associated with birth defects and developmental disorders.

Leone said that e-cigarettes might not help people quit smoking because the device keeps addicts in a state of ambivalence — the illusion of doing something positive to mitigate the guilt that comes from smoking, but all the while maintaining the ritual of smoking."

15. Andy_J

What does that mean? :confused:

16. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Clearly I'm not as strong willed as others so I need a little help!

17. Alex.B

Alex.B Keyboard Hero

I wonder how much juice will go up by when the robbing B's get taxing it !

18. Andy_J

I see. It's just that I have never heard anyone ever say "perhaps I'm not strong like bull" before. Perhaps it's a local thing?

19. Egg

Egg Major Poster

If you say it in your head in a heavy Russian accent it makes sense :D

20. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Nah, didn't work!

Away for a toot:up: