1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Pistols that fire steel bb's

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Bluetac, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Bluetac

Bluetac Newbie

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. flatrajectory

flatrajectory Posting Addict

Yes, they are legal. It is a normal co2 powered pistol that fires .177 steel bb.......one of hundreds of different models available.
    If it was a pistol that shot 6mm plastic bb then it would be governed by the airsoft law ( vcra ).

Pete.

3. johnbaz

johnbaz Big Poster

Hi

Steel BB pistols are legal here in the UK as are BB pistols/rifles that only shoot lead *** :up:

I have a Crosman mod338 which shoots steel ***, you have to remember that the breech is magnetic so if the *** are tipped out of the gun, There will still be one in the breech ;) (Don't ask me how I know!! :eek::rolleyes: )

I have an Anschutz mod275 that shoots 4.4mm lead *** only, It's very accurate but low powered, It has a rifled barrel!! :p

I also had a Baikal Makarov that was only supposed to fire lead *** yet a pack of steel *** came with the gun from new!!

Doh!!, I forgot that BB's was edited out on this site :p

John :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  4. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Funny old thing the law, you cant buy a replica of a pistol in this country, which you can go "say" bang bang with:cool:, but you can buy a BB or Pellet firer that's looks like the genuine one, that can shoot out ball bearing or pellets, that can take your eye out. or kill:confused:

5. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Behind you! Mwhahahahah!! Just kidding. Christchu
    Just proves that sometimes the law is an ass....

6. Bluetac

Bluetac Newbie

Great! More things to add to the list.

Thank you all for the information.

7. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Most Club Ranges Ban Steel BB's - as they come back with Vengance

Steel normally more accurate than Lead

But most have smooth Barrels

Personally Shoot 6mm PP & IPAS -

BOB/R

8. Fallschirmwomble

Fallschirmwomble Active Member

I didn't actually notice that you can't buy inoperative replicas anymore.
    :eek:

So what happens when a UKARA member's colour authentic Airsoft replica breaks and is no longer capable of shooting BeeBees? It effectively becomes a replica?!

I have to admit, it's taken much for me to work out much of the Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIF) element of the Violent Crimes Reduction Act 2006.

My reasoning to the crazy colour Airsoft guns: police would suffer yet more negative scrutiny if they shot someone running about with a toy gun in the street. I think the crazy colours policy is intended to enable police to ID an airsoft gun.

And replica air weapons are permitted as RIFs probably because police can seem more justified in shooting someone armed with an air weapon that fires a metal projectile.

It'll just take one idiot brandishing a realistic coloured Airsoft or CO2 replica for the gov to ban further. Time then to move overseas (if not already)...
    :rolleyes:

15-20 years ago, a madman ran amok, using a screwdriver to stab people in a Netto store. They haven't banned screwdrivers...

9. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

I think the real problem that has kind of led to and set the background for all the banning of replicas etc is more about the fear injected into peoples life through the media.

Years ago, before Alqueda, we had the likes of the IRA, Bader Meinhoff gang, Red Brigade etc....you could still wander over to the marshes to pop a couple of rats or rabbits with your trusty BSA Meteor and even have a chat with a few people along the way without causing any concern...christ, cops and robbers and cowboys and indians was all we played when not fishing or trying to set things or fire or make something go bang! Apart from the occasional Doctors and Nurses if we were lucky!:eek:

Nowadays the media has got everyone so friggin scared of their own shadows that people/society are brainwashed into thinking guns/shooting is bad, very bad....and basically no one can be seen with what looks like anything resembling a proper hand gun without running the risk of being ventilated by the local ARU...

I'm that sick and tired of it I am thinking about getting Bear Grylls to drop me off on one of those pacific islands and not bother to come back for me....

10. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

By law your not allowed to make a replica gun out of wood, and you can own a replica gun, but you cant buy one from a dealer unless you fit into a criteria:
    • Museum or gallery
    • Theatrical performances
    • Films and television programmes
    • Historical re-enactments events
    • Members of re-enactment or military vehicle groups
    • Crown servants for the purpose of employment

11. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

but none of it explains why a realistic coloured replica that fires steel BB's counts as an airgun & can be bought without the UKARA malarkey, but the same gun in a version that fires plastic BB's can't!

12. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

Does anyone remember those kits you could by of famous firearms such as Magnums and AK47's. They were like an Airfix kit but not made by Airfix. They were a load of plastic parts that you built up yourself to create a realistic replica in plastic of the chosen firearm.

I suppose these are illegal now as well and they didn't fire anything......in fact I had a 6" Smith & Wesson revolver which could well be lying in my old mans loft right now....

13. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

i remember them- i had one, a 4'' smith & wesson .357 police special! you could also get ready made cap-firing replicas made by a company called replicaguns.

14. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

I've just came back from a market not far from me, and I could have bought metal realistic looking plastic bb firing pistols or rifles.

15. Deadshot

Deadshot For Queen For Country and For Us

I've got a Beretta 92F replica that i've had for quite a few years sat in the bottom of a box somewhere but it needs fixing, the hammer broke off and theres something else wrong with it as well, might dig it out and see about getting it repaired ... any suggestions to where i might get it sorted ?

16. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Are these the parts your looking for Deadshot:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...sZyQAg&usg=AFQjCNEBqwb-EFHUTrBDy1ddR29rUM3N6A

17. Deadshot

Deadshot For Queen For Country and For Us

Hey thanks for that much appreciated, this says Beretta 92 air pistol whereas my Beretta is a Replica fire arm but the hammer looks the same just wondering if its made as robust, actually looking at this i wonder if it would be possible to buy all the parts needed to convert what i have (blank firer) into an air pistol ... thats food for thought i'll have to look into it ;)

18. Bonedome

Bonedome Well-Known Member

Yep, they were made by a company called L&S amongst others, and I've still got quite a few of them:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you say, probably illegal to build them now...

Bonedome.

19. Soximus

Soximus Busy Member

20. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

fkking ridiculous prices on those models, esp as in america where they come from you could buy the real thing for that sort of money