1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Pistols.....Tell us about it.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Fog, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Just wondered if some of you guys have a pistol or pistols what it is what you put on it Eg.....Red Dot....Scope etc...Nothing .

What pellets you find best and Do you hunt with one or just pure fun or Competition.

What red dot?
    What Scope?.

What distance have you centred your pistol on...10 yards...20 yards ..etc etc.

regards

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I've got a powerful CO2 pistol - probably not recommended for hunting as it's only about 4 ft/lbs depending on the temperature etc ...

Generally pistols don't get any more powerful than mine - it's a Sheridan EB22. I think the only thing that beats it would be the Weihrauch HW45 which is up to the legal limit.

Like I said - not that good for hunting but I use mine as a ' finish off ' pistol - that is to say if I shoot something but don't kill it, I can finish it off with a quick .22 to the head as not to cause it any suffering. I also use it frequently for plinking and some informal target shooting.

On a lighter side, pistols are good if you just want to plink and even for target shooting - mine gets 4 inch groups from 25 yards which isn't bad all things considered - in fact it can probably do a lot better but the pistol stance isn't very stable.

The open sights on my model arn't too bad, but to improve accuracy I've fitted a Hawke SD 30 red dot using some intermounts - this gives good results, and it's definitely an improvement over the standard open sights.

So to conclude - pistols are good - with a red dot or scope they're better - I got mine zeroed in at 15 yards. They're more for targets than pray.

James.

3. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Pistols

Hi Fog, I own a HW45 and a Webley nemesis with .177+.22 barrels for both. I use mostly open sights but I've got a laser on the 45 which is really handy for target aquisition in dingy conditions.RWS pellets for both.
    Imo the 45 is the only pistol suitable for hunting,unless you can afford the likes of a FN8 or similar.
    .22 in the Nemesis just bounces off rats.I should imagine it still smarts a bit!!!

4. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I have the 45.
    I am not sure whether to put scope or red dot on.
    I have the BSA scopemaster 9-13mm mounts (as i found Hawke mounts just did not fit?) in 30mm

Now its choices...Red dot or scope. MMMMMM!:rolleyes::confused:

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Scopes on 45's

Hi Fog, Scopes on 45's make speedy cocking difficult. I've done away with the scope and got a laser. It sits further forward out of the way of your (red) palm:D

6. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Yes i have thought about that. And am going off the idea.

I think you are right.:up:

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Apology

Hi Fog, It appears that when I made the comment "(red palm:D)"
    I could have been mistaken for calling you a W****R.
    I was just referring to the fact that the HW45 has sharp edges and makes the hand sore after a good rat session's rapid fire.
    I didn't mean any offence.
    Cheers

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Member

HW45

My HW45 has a Crossman laser on it. Keeps zero (not much use, cos I'm quite a poor shot with it). If I'm honest, I find it hard to be consistent when it recoils so much and is really grip sensitive.

More practice me thinks.....