1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Picking Up My Rifles After A Years Break..

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mx5er, Aug 12, 2018.

1. mx5er

mx5er Engaging Member

Evening chaps - I hope everyone is well this Sunday evening?

It's been a while since I dusted off my rifles (mostly due to work and a bit of a health scare).

Guess what.... I "need" another one! I guess this is another which rifle post... sigh... sorry :)

I have two rifles which are bonkers accurate, but each with their problems. HW100T fantastic but too heavy to carry around for a wimp like me. S200 fantastic but low shot count. Ok, I guess I just want an excuse to buy another gun. The thing is up until now I only shoot a handful of times a year and to be honest both of these guns have only fired a few hundred pellets whilst sat at the gun range, but now that I have a farm asking for me to do some pest control, i can see me shooting a lot more and i'm using that as an excuse to buy another one.

I want a different manufacturer to broaden what I have and I've narrowed it down to a: Daystate regal HR, FX streamline, or a BSA "summat"??.. r10?? (all sub a grand).

Now I know there a lot of things that make a good rifle etc. but theoretically is there anything between these rifles with regards to purely to accuracy, by that I mean if clamped in a vice - which should be the most accurate? Obviously - there are good and bad examples of all rifles and accuracy is down to other factors such as fit and trigger, but if all things were equal, which should be the most accurate?

Also, i'm a lefty so an ambidextrous or left handed option is a must.

What do you guys reckon? or is there one I should ditch?

paulairgun likes this.
  2. Carlos76

Carlos76 Big Poster

Welcome back

3. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

I reckon you already have it with the S200.
    However as the S200 is a CZ (not air arms), how about adding an AA to the collection? S410 carbine?

TORNADOS7 and Pete236 like this.
  4. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Big Poster

My first choice if I were to have another pcp, very smart advice that... :thumb:

Oat likes this.
  5. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Welcome back mate

6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Only BSA that’s light with a respectable shot count is the Ultra Se

Air Arms I’d go for the S410 super lite

Nothing Daystate for me I’m afraid

Lastly you could lighten up your HW100 with one of @nemo1966 ‘s titanium tubes (also doubles the shot count) and maybe a new lighter custom stock for it.

The HW100 is a mega gun so I’d give serious thought into improving that?

Blackmax, littleJon365 and Oat like this.
  7. Tim_B

Tim_B Keyboard Hero

Welcome back from a fellow lefty.

You have two very nice tools there and if I was going to add to those I would choose something air arms or FX (I am a FX fanboy). If they have the characteristics of what you want, how about upgrading them?

A regulated S200 with a magazine conversion is an effective tool - or keep it single shot. An upgraded HW with bits from HW100tuning would lighten the gun, improve the balance and make it even more consistent than standard (depending on which bit you upgrade of course).

In theory any mid range pcp should be as accurate as the other...it simply does't work like that. If its an urge to have another rifle, then air arms - if you want to improve what you have...consider the upgrades.

thanks
    Tim B

Blackmax likes this.
  8. davethefish

davethefish Donator

New here...
    But for sub a grand (just) and high shot count S510 regulated?
    510R.jpg

Baldalot and Sanguinius like this.
  9. iain5253

iain5253 Well-Known Member

Take a look at the FX Wildcat. Lightweight and high shot count. Only issue may be the 8 round magazine. Surprisingly light and very accurate.

10. mx5er

mx5er Engaging Member

thanks for the warm welcome :)

I've just been looking into fitting a regulator to the s200 is a bit cheaper and easier than I expected so - I'm going to do that for a start!

Regarding the HW100..... So I could fit a lighter air res and.... can you get a bullpup stock for them? that would bring the weight in and also make it more portable?

Ah, I didn't realise the 510 is regulated? I am now looking at a 510, or a FX something??

I'm reluctantly selling a nice mountain bike so a new gun will ease the pain :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Blackmax likes this.
  11. Carlos76

Carlos76 Big Poster

Not far from me mate s510 is fine rifle.

12. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

FX Streamline in Walnut Stock :thumb:

Ray

13. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

That would tempt me Ray

14. Tim_B

Tim_B Keyboard Hero

Was it an internal or external ref for the S200 - both seem fairly straightforward to actually fit....then the tweaking to set up.

Yes, the titanium rube makes it lighter....don't know the difference I weight for the CS to original stock tho.

The regulated 510 is new out.

FX....very nice range to choose from.

Thanks Tim B

Blackmax likes this.
  15. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Busy Member

I would 100% be tuning both you current guns as there’s some very clever guys on here to help!

Regards to your choice for me the fx and regal are neck and neck but purely on looks I’d have the Huma regulated regal....such a lovely looking rifle!!

16. mx5er

mx5er Engaging Member

Thanks for all the feedback - much appreciated!

The reg I have seen was an internal one that didn't involve any drilling so hopefully is should be pretty straightforward to fit??

I'm going to have a mooch around some shops and see if there's any 510's or streamlines and then see which one I prefer the feel of and see what kind of deal I can get.

Going back to bsa for a second... I notice there's a lot of mixed opinions, is it the regulators or the barrels that make them a bit of a gamble?