1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Photon Zero Issue?

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by Rob-ontarget, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

Took my photon out this evening and took a couple of shots to make sure of zero..
    At 35 yards it wasnt even hitting a 17cm target!!
    I checked the x and y and they were what i had originally set them at, then noticed the batteries were down to quarter charge..
    Changed them for new aa’s and suddenly the scope found it’s zero perfectly again!!
    Is this a known issue for the yukon to lose zero on low batteries as i havent experienced it before??

2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

That's interesting.. I had a similar zero shift issue with my Photon; sent it back and was provided with a replacement - which makes me think it's a known issue. Hadn't considered that it might be a power issue though..

Rob-ontarget likes this.
  3. terry1001

terry1001 Donator

I've not heard of this before. I like to fit fresh batteries before every session, just in case (in all my nv kit).

Rob-ontarget likes this.
  4. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Hmm - I missed a rat the other night and the batteries were low. I rechecked the zero the following day and it was fine - I had however recharged the batteries.

I must look more closely at this. Thanks Rob.

Rob-ontarget likes this.
  5. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

Im sure ive run the batteries to 25% before and not had this happen before so it mightve just been a glitch..
    My crosshairs are slightly down and left of center on the screen and it looked the same as usual.
    It was shooting at least 9 inches low at 35 yards..
    Gonna use it as backup as this bundle turned up this morning!!
    8888A014-52EE-4A1F-A1C2-63EBA7342C7B.jpeg

The Robin likes this.