1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

phones and seatbelts

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by bangers, Mar 2, 2015.

1. bangers

bangers Busy Member

Why do so many drivers think its ok to not wear a seatbelt and to use a mobile when driving
    i must see at least a dozen a day chatting away texting i had a bloke behind me today no belt
    and firstly talking on his phone then he starts texting then swerving over the road then nearly
    hitting me at the lights cause he was to busy reading a reply

two cars down from me in the traffic was a squad car so i edged forward and gestered to the pc

holding my seat belt and pointing behind me he put his thumb up and drove off ,W****R

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. SteveO

SteveO Account Parked

These drivers may find out that they are not as special and unique as they act if the proposal I saw mentioned on the news today reaches debate in parliament.

It has been suggested that drivers convicted of using mobile phones while driving should be banned like drink drivers.

3. bangers

bangers Busy Member

Well I'm all for that I'll take a look at the edm's

4. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

It's really bad around here, driving whilst on the phone, and there mostly youger women, they follow to close behind you with the seat pulled forward nose pressed against the screen, I swear if they had to do an imergency stop i'm sure they would never manage it, there in another world.
    And you never see a police car, yet I see these clowns every day, a week in a plain car they would nab loads of them.

5. carper

carper Engaging Member

i wonder what the police would do if people sent dash cam evidence to them? a lot of people have dash cams now so if you see someone on a phone conect dash cam to computer and email it to local police, as bad as drink driving imho

6. Alby123

Alby123 Engaging Member

Really ? It's a no brainer.

7. harry brown

harry brown Banned

The police are paid to up hold the law not some numpty messing about with their dash camera. I drive a van with my mobile number on it. recently I was rang by some young girls I had just passed, who said I had driven dangerously past them, they then threatened to email the dash cam video to the police.

I wasn't concerned as they had deliberately straddled two lanes attempting to stop me passing them. They were the drivers in the wrong and driving dangerously. Which I advised them. Let the police deal with lawbreaking and worry about your own driving rather than the poxy dash cam.

8. M5AFX

M5AFX Donator

I see it all day long,i drive 9 hours a day 4 days a week between Gloucester and Cheltenham ,i feel its so bad because it seems nothing is ever done about it,
    same as running red lights is very common these days. more plain cars targeting people like this and handing out tickets without warning is the only way to get the message across,

Same as drink driving ? yea im all for that as the result is the same ,someone is hurt cause they cant wait/pull over to take a stupid call,
    so yea i say a ban is in order if thats what it takes to get the message across.

9. carper

carper Engaging Member

why does it make me or anyone else a numpty? how many police cars do you see compared to morons on phones driving? i would rather report them and hope they learn a lesson than leave it cause i dont wanna be a numpty then an innocent child gets killed in a car

10. harry brown

harry brown Banned

I'll tell you why. Firstly within a week I bet thousands of videos would be sent in to the police by spiteful little people who have nothing better to do than worry what others are getting away with. Who is supposed to sit watching all this (carefully edited no doubt) crap? Secondly, I have no doubt it would encourage "numptys" to tailgate the car in front desperate to get a snippet of evidence of phone use, whilst ignoring good safe driving themselves.
    The way to stop people using their phone whilst driving is via further public education of the risks involved, not nasty little snitching campaigns.

11. splat

splat Donator

instead of cam evidence going to cops, send it to insurance firms..let them earn their money....found guilty = insurance increases. no extra work at all for police.

12. carper

carper Engaging Member

lol snitching campaigns? edited? if its there to see then send it in i say, would you also say the same if you witnessed a crash involving someone on a phone that ploughed into a family? or a drink driver? after all its the police's job to deal with it not yours. it was merely a question i asked why dump 3 tonnes of dummies out of your pram lol. maybe your one of the said people on a phone all the time cause wow your defensive with this

13. harry brown

harry brown Banned

Actually no I'm not. I paid to have factory built in hands free, to avoid the problem of receiving calls for my work. I'm not spitting dummies either. Just think little snitches are pathetic I suppose, not the way I want to live. I'm not condoning the use of handheld phones whilst at the wheel,far from it. However your answer/solution is typical of a forum keyboard warrior. Lol.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  14. Harwich Shooter

Harwich Shooter Donator

Its the tw*ts on facebook at the wheel that worry me. If government really want to crack down on phone use while driving then all they have to do is to give parking attendants (w*nkers) cameras and pay them commission from the fines. Them jobsworth b&ggers would have a field day and mobile phone use would take a big dip. Just me tuppence worth. I'll get me coat now.

15. andy46

andy46 Donator

both of these really boil my p**s,but just as bad,and im sure some might of seen this,is women putting some bloody lippy on whilst driving.

16. carper

carper Engaging Member

keyboard warrior? ME? lmfao coming from th one who has spat his dummy pmsl. how am i a keyboard warrior asking a bloody question? your the keyboard warrior by causing this problem by acting like a silly little child name calling, mummy he is picking on me lmfao

17. bangers

bangers Busy Member

good idea hit um where it hurts and insurance companies can then justify price hikes stopping theses clowns

18. SteveO

SteveO Account Parked

I used dash cam footage recently as provenance of innocence when a HGV (artic) undertook me at speed on a 40mph dual carriageway and then swerved into me smashing the mirror and causing damage to the side of my vehicle, on advice from the insurers - who found in my favour it has been forwarded to traffic division for them to scrutinise and make a decision on whether they would attempt a prosecution. The **** triggered a fixed Gatso at the same time, failed to stop and then further failed to give details so I guess he's going to be up $hit creek without his paddle soon!

I'm totally in favour of their use especially against these so-called professional drivers who think they own the road and have no regard for other road users in their over sized killing machines! ;)

19. harry brown

harry brown Banned

You need to read your posts again. Clearly you are incapable of seeing how stupid and unworkable your brainwave is.

20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

[/QUOTE]

As with any crime the certainty of getting caught is the best deterrent and harsher penalties possibly?.Public education is fine up to a point but no matter how many nasty videos etc you show people illustrating the horific consequences at what can happen you will always get a fairly large proportion of of people still prepared to do it.We have videos showing the consequences of drink driving but scores,possibly hundreds,of people still get done for drink driving every year.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015